CAN 2010 KIRBYVILLE BASEBALL STUN SETX 2A Schools ?

I have to admit, I am not the Avid SETX baseball fan, but I did see my share of Wildcat Baseball games last year, also a Jasper game, a Silsbee game, a Lumberton Game, and a Buna Game....so in no means am I even a novice.  But I saw a great deal of talent from the Mound and the batters box from many a 2A schools.  Kirbyville has some home run hitters with Josh Harris taking the lead, speedsters like Blayk Coleson, and of Course the KVILLE QB Kale Jones as a Pitcher...I am excited about the young talent coming up from the 9th and 10th grade....Is Woodville still the Team to Beat in the division ?. or will Kirbyville suprise the group for the 2nd spot ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would success in one sport translate to success in another? Its comparing apples to oranges. Baseball is a skill-specific game. You can't just take a kid who can run fast and in one or two years teach him how to be a great baseball player. The schools who have great baseball programs have great youth programs where kids are taught the proper fundamentals of the game from an early age. Also, many of those kids specialize in baseball and play year round on select teams. In Kirbyville, one kid does, just about everyone else plays football or basketball or both. Most don't even touch a baseball from May until January.

Even though Kirbyville lost a bunch of SR. last year.......Its going to very exciting to watch these men play this year and next as well.  They have a deadly combo of pitching.  Kale and Burns along with Downs as a 3rd starter or relief all JR.  these boy can swing the bat as well... Holesombeck, Jones, Harris, Downs, Coleson just to name a few...they also aquired a kid from Japer who has great hands and can swing it..... Kirbyville baseball has come along way when someone from jasper transfers with baseball talent...
The great thing about these men is that they work hard and never give up......
Many of them were on the state team this year so you know they have heart and determination.
As long as they can stay focused......they can do great things.....
Kirbyville get out your chairs and watch these men play ball!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
There is a little bump in the road about 20 miles south that will be hard to get around. Josh Clark pitched against some tough competition this summer and showed off at short when not on the mound in Oklahoma. Every time you look up a Clark will be on the mound or batting for Buna.Throw in Baker, Baxter,Terrier,and others that can make Buna a threat to go real deep in the playoffs. One or three game series they will be able to cover.

[quote name="bkatdog" post="737143" timestamp="1262328603"]
There is a little bump in the road about 20 miles south that will be hard to get around. Josh Clark pitched against some tough competition this summer and showed off at short when not on the mound in Oklahoma. Every time you look up a Clark will be on the mound or batting for Buna.Throw in Baker, Baxter,Terrier,and others that can make Buna a threat to go real deep in the playoffs. One or three game series they will be able to cover.
[/quote]And so starts the tread about Buna.....even after their 1 and Q in playoffs last year......
Yes Buna will be good.... But Kirbyville could stun SETX. This group of Jr. coming has beat Jasper many of times
(7 of 8 their Fresh year), Silsbee twice, beat HJ, won district last year and put a whippin on Buna last year. Not saying they are the best in 2A but they will be competive.

[quote name="hitman009" post="738470" timestamp="1262658200"]
[quote author=bkatdog link=topic=63787.msg737143#msg737143 date=1262328603]
[/quote]And so starts the tread about Buna.....even after their 1 and Q in playoffs last year......
Yes Buna will be good.... But Kirbyville could stun SETX. This group of Jr. coming has beat Jasper many of times
(7 of 8 their Fresh year), Silsbee twice, beat HJ, won district last year and put a whippin on Buna last year. Not saying they are the best in 2A but they will be competive.
[/quote]
I was a part of that freshman team that beat Jasper 7 out of 8 times and silsbee twice and beat Hardin Jefferson but luck was not the issue it was the freshman coach that was the issue chris mckeller where ever he went they got a heck of a baseball coach I wish he could have took over in Kirbyville.

I agree Speed ,thats why the game isn't played on paper /internet. A long post season run for Kville this year will set up their best year in 2011 as I see it. That extra practice in a long playoff run sure helps the younger players grow up. The only thing that might hurt next year is realignment and a tough district just makes you stronger in the long run. Jones/Burns should be enough pitching to go a long way.

[quote name="bkatdog" post="738646" timestamp="1262701113"]
I agree Speed ,thats why the game isn't played on paper /internet. A long post season run for Kville this year will set up their best year in 2011 as I see it. That extra practice in a long playoff run sure helps the younger players grow up. The only thing that might hurt next year is realignment and a tough district just makes you stronger in the long run. Jones/Burns should be enough pitching to go a long way.
[/quote]
It would be nice to a see a long post season run but just got word today burns wasnt playing one pitcher cant do it all they do have a great chance of making the playoffs they are better than every team in that district IMO.

[quote name="speedkills" post="738740" timestamp="1262714164"]
[quote author=bkatdog link=topic=63787.msg738646#msg738646 date=1262701113]
[/quote]
It would be nice to a see a long post season run but just got word today burns wasnt playing one pitcher cant do it all they do have a great chance of making the playoffs they are better than every team in that district IMO.
[/quote]I really hope Burns changes his mind....the kid has tallent.... as does the rest of the team...  but one player does not make a team.... even with his absense they can still do great things.... like I said, they have talent everywhere.... their are a couple of more pitchers they can use...all they have to do is throw strikes and play lights out D..... KEEP FOCUSS ON YOUR GOALS AND BELIEVE MEN AND THE REST WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF!!!

[quote name="speedkills" post="738567" timestamp="1262665343"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=63787.msg738470#msg738470 date=1262658200]
[quote author=bkatdog link=topic=63787.msg737143#msg737143 date=1262328603]
[/quote]
I was a part of that freshman team that beat Jasper 7 out of 8 times and silsbee twice and beat Hardin Jefferson but luck was not the issue it was the freshman coach that was the issue chris mckeller where ever he went they got a heck of a baseball coach I wish he could have took over in Kirbyville.
[/quote]McKeller is a assistant at Crosby now.....I am sure he would like the complament, but the real credit goes to the kids.... Lots of heart and determination........

You are correct, Kirbyville lost two good coaches in McKeller and McInnis.  But seriously, what is your beef with the current coach.  Didn't he win a state title in Colmesneil recently?  Speedkills, are you a former player that is disgruntled about playing time because someone else was better than you.  Dont be bitter and blame the coach.  Support the team, dont tear it down. This year should be a good year for the Cats.  Lots of juniors, should be fun to watch.  Good luck to the Kirbyville Wildcats this season!

[quote name="stonecold 30" post="738840" timestamp="1262721940"]
You are correct, Kirbyville lost two good coaches in McKeller and McInnis.  But seriously, what is your beef with the current coach.  Didn't he win a state title in Colmesneil recently?  Speedkills, are you a former player that is disgruntled about playing time because someone else was better than you.  Dont be bitter and blame the coach.  Support the team, dont tear it down. This year should be a good year for the Cats.  Lots of juniors, should be fun to watch.  Good luck to the Kirbyville Wildcats this season!
[/quote]
Actually I was one of the better players had the best on base percentage and third highest batting average along with best fielding percentage take it for what its worth. I have no problem with Coach Lane whatever he did in Colmesneil was great but hes not doing it here. No beef between me and coach lane at all besides he out fished me on the atheletic trip one time haha.

I think Coach Lane has improved baseball in Kirbyville.  Kirbyville has never been what you would call a baseball power.  His first year in Kirbyville they were in the second round of the playoffs and lost to Bridge City(I dont remember a Kirbyville team that has made it out of the first round).  Then they were put in one of the best districts in the state in baseball in 3A for two years.  A lot of good teams missed out on the playoffs (ex. silsbee and orangefield).  His teams have always played hard and were competitive.  Last year they were 16-8 and beat some very good teams.  They have a very good chance this year to make the playoffs with the kids they have coming back.  Why didn't you keep playing speedkills?  Sounds like you could have helped the team when you were older.   

[quote name="stonecold 30" post="739296" timestamp="1262791572"]
I think Coach Lane has improved baseball in Kirbyville.  Kirbyville has never been what you would call a baseball power.  His first year in Kirbyville they were in the second round of the playoffs and lost to Bridge City(I dont remember a Kirbyville team that has made it out of the first round).  Then they were put in one of the best districts in the state in baseball in 3A for two years.  A lot of good teams missed out on the playoffs (ex. silsbee and orangefield).  His teams have always played hard and were competitive.  Last year they were 16-8 and beat some very good teams.  They have a very good chance this year to make the playoffs with the kids they have coming back.  Why didn't you keep playing speedkills?  Sounds like you could have helped the team when you were older.    
[/quote]
threw my shoulder out stone cold If i could play I would. I hope my classmates get a state ring like they deserve there work ethic is good and they listen good I hope they win state. Back to our freshman year we only lost two games out of 20 we have what it takes I hope we can do it.

[quote name="hitman009" post="738746" timestamp="1262714769"]
[quote author=speedkills link=topic=63787.msg738740#msg738740 date=1262714164]
[quote author=bkatdog link=topic=63787.msg738646#msg738646 date=1262701113]
[/quote]
[/quote]I really hope Burns changes his mind....the kid has tallent.... as does the rest of the team...  but one player does not make a team.... even with his absense they can still do great things.... like I said, they have talent everywhere.... their are a couple of more pitchers they can use...all they have to do is throw strikes and play lights out D..... KEEP FOCUSS ON YOUR GOALS AND BELIEVE MEN AND THE REST WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF!!!
[/quote]
Well coach ilove the game more than any one but i am still hurt from last year and shoulder still givin me problems so u can count me out for this year bu i garentee i will be back next year and 2011 wil rock SETX and take a state title home i will make some games this year but not all good luck Boys and do one fav for me stay behind kael because i wont b able to do it all by myself next year

[quote name="speedkills" post="738753" timestamp="1262715104"]
Agreeing with what you said but Kael cant win it all by himself Burns is just as good if not better and without him you will feel his absence the deeper they go into the playoffs.
[/quote]

Ya'll have another pitcher, who is going to be a good one. Tyler Downs is going to help quite a bit this year, if given the chance. He's taking lessons from Sam Moore now and that will only help him improve.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder