Lake Travis vs Dawson

[quote name="Lightning/Eagle" post="729178" timestamp="1260671088"]
I went and watched the LT game today. They are extremely good. I know, their record indicates that, but I was really impressed. What a well coached and disciplined team. Dawson tried to be scrappy at first but [b]they were not in the same league with LT.[/b][/quote]

not many are.....

simply amazing.

[quote name="dayton" post="729193" timestamp="1260672420"]
[quote author=Lightning/Eagle link=topic=63706.msg729178#msg729178 date=1260671088]
I went and watched the LT game today. They are extremely good. I know, their record indicates that, but I was really impressed. What a well coached and disciplined team. Dawson tried to be scrappy at first but [b]they were not in the same league with LT.[/b][/quote]

not many are.....

simply amazing.
[/quote]

For sure.

They are very good.  A State Championship Team is more often than not recognizably better than other teams.  They have a different swagar about them.  That's what makes early season predictions of a state championship so funny, especially from mediocre teams. 

I had friends who have kids on both teams and I tried telling my Dawson friend it was going to be an ugly day.  Any team 2009 Crosby takes to the wire is not ready for a Lake Travis.  Nothing against Crosby, but LT is a different animal. 

[quote name="bh89-2" post="729288" timestamp="1260676814"]
They are very good.  A State Championship Team is more often than not recognizably better than other teams.  They have a different swagar about them.  That's what makes early season predictions of a state championship so funny, especially from mediocre teams. 

I had friends who have kids on both teams and I tried telling my Dawson friend it was going to be an ugly day.  Any team 2009 Crosby takes to the wire is not ready for a Lake Travis.  Nothing against Crosby, but LT is a different animal. 
[/quote]

...and just think, the Chronicle had Dawson picked to beat LT.  Goes to show they haven't seen LT play AT ALL, they are just on a different level.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="730130" timestamp="1260809953"]
[b]Lazard did not help the cause with the 3 picks[/b]. LT is on a different level right now. [b]You cannot expect to compete with that many TO's. [/b] [/quote]

give credit to the D.

One of LT's db's was quoted.... I'll paraphrase....   "we saw last week that he(lazard) was overthrowing a lot of receivers, so we figured he'd try to take something off this week.... so we jumped all the routes underneath". The kid's last name was Wrinkle I believe. LT knows what they're doing.

Your right though. They couldn't compete with that many TO's.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="dayton" post="730138" timestamp="1260810275"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63706.msg730130#msg730130 date=1260809953]
[b]Lazard did not help the cause with the 3 picks[/b]. LT is on a different level right now. [b]You cannot expect to compete with that many TO's. [/b] [/quote]

give credit to the D.

One of LT's db's was quoted.... I'll paraphrase....   "we saw last week that he(lazard) was overthrowing a lot of receivers, so we figured he'd try to take something off this week.... so we jumped all the routes underneath". The kid's last name was Wrinkle I believe. LT knows what they're doing.

[/quote]

Not trying to take anything away from LT. GCM could have 0 int's against LT and lose 57-12. (If that close). It's just that even if LT turns the ball over this week 3 times, they will struggle too.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="730141" timestamp="1260810542"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63706.msg730138#msg730138 date=1260810275]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63706.msg730130#msg730130 date=1260809953]

give credit to the D.

[/quote]

Not trying to take anything away from LT. GCM could have 0 int's against LT and lose 57-12. (If that close). It's just that even if LT turns the ball over this week 3 times, they will struggle too.
[/quote]

I know.... I had just read that and thought it applied. Against longview you're right.... they(LT) probably couldn't afford that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder