2A #4 Sabine vs 2A #9 Kountze 11 a.m. sat

aTmfan06

[quote name="sabinebball" post="729755" timestamp="1260748064"]
Where did i blame it on the refs?  Our leading scorer and best defender got a cheap shot and got a concussion in the beginning of the 2nd qtr and playe the 2nd qtr with it but he was obviously out of it and didnt play 2nd half at all.  Kountze beat us never questioned that [b]but if we take 25 or 15 out of the game for 3 quarters and its also a different game. [/b]  My point was we had three really flagrant fouls (one a full punch trown) that are unacceptable in a normal called game that have no business being in a high school basketball game.  You wnt to beat people fine but have some class and dignity while you do it! Like I said until we meet again!!!!
[/quote]

??? ??? Ummm.....duh! Thats called coaching and making adjustments. Find a way to stop them! Few teams have taken BOTH of these guys out of the game. Is it our fault that BOTH of them dominated you?!

Come on 'sabinebball'! That was about the most hideous statement about a basketball game I've ever read!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="729883" timestamp="1260759496"]
Sabine is a good team, just not on the level of Kountze and New Waverly this year. I have seen all three play this year, Sabine would lose to both these teams in the playoffs if they were to play them.
[/quote]

What are your thoughts if Kountze plays New Waverly??

[quote name="utfan06" post="729886" timestamp="1260759563"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=63669.msg729883#msg729883 date=1260759496]
Sabine is a good team, just not on the level of Kountze and New Waverly this year. I have seen all three play this year, Sabine would lose to both these teams in the playoffs if they were to play them.
[/quote]

What are your thoughts if Kountze plays New Waverly??
[/quote]

That's the 64 million dollar question. ;D

I'll let you know after seeing New Waverly again when I go down to East Chambers to cover that tourney.

I remember someone saying Sabine couldnt stay within 20 of new waverly last year either but how soon we forget. lol.  Its all good the debate is fun and i didnt mean take 15 or 25 out playing basketball meant if one was injuried.  As for not having to worry about us well i hope the team feels same way lol.  I really enjoyed meeting a lot of great fans from all over at the tourney it was a lot of fun.  Going to miss being down next year.

[quote name="utfan06" post="729577" timestamp="1260729944"]
refs or dirty play had nothing to do with this game! Kountze flat out has the better team and better talent. I wasnt impressed with Sabine when I watched them play any other team in the tourney! OVER RATED! and lazzek i was looking forward to seeing you last night but couldnt locate you lol
[/quote]

OVER RATED? lol I would say Kounze is under rated should be top 3 but keep disrespecting Sabine and it could come back to haunt you! Personally my poll would 1. Kountze 2. New Waverly 3. Clarkville 4. Sabine 5. Ponder. Sabine lost on Clarksville home court also by 1. And remember friday night was first game of year for Sabine to play with all 5 starters.  Give them another 25 games to get completely gelled and we will see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• To clarify, Dems love wars. They rage daily in the bluest of blue inner citicis. Chicago had 39 shootings over the weekend, 9 dead. Warzone. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, etc. I am sure was just as bloody. The blue body count rises daily. I am sure the blue defunding of police and releasing murders without any bail have nothing to do with it. Right?   
    • Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
  • Topics