Dayton Next Year?

First-team picks for Dayton were offensive linemen Chance McCormack and Aaron Ripkowski, defensive linemen Darrian Wright, defensive end Aaron Jenkins, linebacker Jordan Baxter, safety Evan Brown, safety Xavier Baldwin and cornerback Colby Cook. [b]Baldwin, Wright and Ripkowski are juniors[/b], the others seniors.

Dayton’s second-teamers are offensive lineman Robert Edwards, receiver Xavier Frank, receiver Gamal Fowler, kicker Juan Carranco, linebacker Moises Herrera and defensive back Quincy Williams. [b]Carranco is a freshman, Fowler a sophomore and Williams a junior[/b].

[b]Andreas Herrera QB is a sophomore.[/b]

In all honesty, I think that they will be down a little next season.  Even in a down season, they should put up a good fight in what ever district they end up in.  I really think that the talent level should be pretty high over the next few years.  There are some really big kids coming up and a lot of really good athletes in the lower grades.  Hopefully, they respond well to the program as they mature.

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="727987" timestamp="1260536158"]
In all honesty, I think that they will be down a little next season.  Even in a down season, they should put up a good fight in what ever district they end up in.  I really think that the talent level should be pretty high over the next few years.  There are some really big kids coming up and a lot of really good athletes in the lower grades.  Hopefully, they respond well to the program as they mature.
[/quote]  We were supposed to be down this yr.

I see where Dayton High School made the state's worst school list.  A list that have school that 50% of the kids that take the taks test fail.  50%.....  wow, maybe football should not be your biggest concern at this point. 

[font=Times New Roman]"The list, which was released Tuesday, includes schools in which 50 percent or less of the students pass a TAKS test during any two of the past three years. The Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills measures student performance in reading, writing, math, social studies and science.

Schools that have been rated academically unacceptable at least one of the last three years also are included on the list.

Once a school is on the list, parents can apply to transfer their child to another higher-performing campus in the same district or in another school district. The other district does not necessarily have to accept the student's application.[/font]

Maybe Crosby will pick up a few players that transfer?????

LOL

Here is someone else showing their ignorance.  The reason for that score has already been discussed on this board and I will not go back into it but for your own understanding you can go to the Texas Education Agency and pull up the school's AEIS report and see for yourself that the Unacceptable rating for Dayton high school had nothing to do with TAKS scores. 

Keep trying to find chinks in the armour and just keep adding fuel to the a** whipping that is coming.

[quote name="PFSTX" post="732416" timestamp="1261107310"]
I see where Dayton High School made the state's worst school list.  A list that have school that 50% of the kids that take the taks test fail.  50%.....  wow, maybe football should not be your biggest concern at this point. 

[font=Times New Roman]"The list, which was released Tuesday, includes schools in which 50 percent or less of the students pass a TAKS test during any two of the past three years. The Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills measures student performance in reading, writing, math, social studies and science.

Schools that have been rated academically unacceptable at least one of the last three years also are included on the list.

Once a school is on the list, parents can apply to transfer their child to another higher-performing campus in the same district or in another school district. The other district does not necessarily have to accept the student's application.[/font]

LOL
[/quote]
What an idiotic post...
Did you know that....
The TAKS scores for Dayton ISD were at the Recognized level???
The unacceptable rating came from non completion of the tests in the summer.
Looks like Crosby fans are desparate to get a one up on Dayton.
Even beating Dayton this year wasn't good enough, because in the end basketball season still started earlier for the Cougars.

Guest misundastood
its the system/coaching staff folks........  doesn't matter who's coming back........
thought you guys would have figured that out after the success they had this year after losing (Green / Dugat / Lacour / Bethea / Berotte / Edwards / Stapleton / Samuels / St. Julian / Lang / McBride / Asson ) from the 2008 state championship game starting line-up.......   

PROGRAMS make DYNASTIES - - - - 

[quote name="Grievous" post="732504" timestamp="1261142451"]

Don't expect to much, unless they can get a skill player or two from a nearby school to transfer for
"academic" reasons.  Laugh of the century!
[/quote]
We don't need any transfers, we only need to start the AWEsome freshmen that Dayton has , it is the same freshmen team that totally obliterated Crosby for the last few years, history will return to normal next year when Crosby relearns how to recover from a woodshed beating that might just be a lot worse 28 points.
Of course that depends if they are in the same district.
If they are not, odds are that Crosby won't want any part of Dayton in preseason, they will just wait till the playoffs to get their corporal punishment from the Broncos.

Guest Grievous
Very doubtful that will happen.  Let us know what new crow recipes you guys come up with over the holidays.  Keep an eye on the Iron Chefs for new ideas. :D

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="PFSTX" post="732416" timestamp="1261107310"]

LOL
[/quote]

I don't have a dog in this hunt being from kirbyville,but I think that post was totally un-called for and is border line on personal attacks on school systems and it IMO dosen't have a place on this Forum....JMO

[quote name="Grievous" post="732571" timestamp="1261149733"]
I totally agree old wildcat.  Facts and logic are way overrated.

[/quote]

Facts are fine... when you post all of them. See the earlier post from SETEXFan on why dayton made that list.... It wasn't because less than 50% of the students passed the TAKS.  [i]The list [b]INCLUDES[/b] schools in which 50 percent or less of the students pass a TAKS test during any two of the past three years[/i]... doesn't mean dayton is one of them.

PFSTX can spin it however he likes.... but he doesn't know the facts.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="dayton" post="732580" timestamp="1261150171"]
[quote author=Grievous link=topic=63601.msg732571#msg732571 date=1261149733]
I totally agree old wildcat.  Facts and logic are way overrated.

[/quote]

Facts are fine... when you post all of them. See the earlier post from SETEXFan on why dayton made that list.... It wasn't because less than 50% of the students passed the TAKS.  [i]The list [b]INCLUDES[/b] schools in which 50 percent or less of the students pass a TAKS test during any two of the past three years[/i]... doesn't mean dayton is one of them.

PFSTX can spin it however he likes.... but he doesn't know the facts.
[/quote]

Here is a link to the entire TEA Report. Dayton ISD was rated "Unacceptable" last year. That rating is based on several factors that have nothing to do with test scores.  All of you education czars on this board should have no problems interpreting the data.

http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/account/2009/districtlist.srch.html

http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/perfreport/aeis/2009/district.srch.html

Select: District Name
Enter:  Dayton (or any other district you may wish to view)

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="PFSTX" post="732594" timestamp="1261151569"]
I was just a joke.... lighten up.

I am not spinning it anyway.

The fact is..... they did make the list.
[/quote]

Well then you just made the "list" too. ;D

[quote name="Grievous" post="732571" timestamp="1261149733"]
I totally agree old wildcat.  Facts and logic are way overrated.

[/quote]

I hope you stick around through next FB season. Dayton owns Crosby and they know it. The law of averages worked in Crosby's favor this year, and Crosby had the talent to capitalize. What Crosby needs is coaching to go with that talent.

[quote name="PFSTX" post="732594" timestamp="1261151569"]
It was just a joke.... lighten up.

[/quote]

Your exact words were.... [i]50%.....  wow, maybe football should not be your biggest concern at this point.  [/i]

We didn't make the list for the reason you stated and you lumped us into a group we don't belong in.... Just admit you were wrong and move on.

[quote name="dayton" post="732605" timestamp="1261152616"]
[quote author=PFSTX link=topic=63601.msg732594#msg732594 date=1261151569]
It was just a joke.... lighten up.

[/quote]

Your exact words were.... [i]50%.....  wow, maybe football should not be your biggest concern at this point.  [/i]

We didn't make the list for the reason you stated and you lumped us into a group we don't belong in.... Just admit you were wrong and move on.
[/quote]He just needs to realize who Crosbys DADDY is.

Come on guys its not all coaching thats led to Dayton's success..On one other post there was a list of kids that Dayton has put in the college ranks..Thats a lot of talent that has come through Dayton HS...I can only think of maybe 2 kids from Crosby in the last 5 years with D-1 or D-1AA talent,Baylor & UTEP....It has more to do with talent...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami