BC @ SILSBEE....

SilsbeeD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the one player that gets to come back is the one we are needing. If so, that would balance out a little bit. The defense will have their hands full Friday night, that's for sure. If they play well, it should be another barn burner.

Ok this is mostly like a one time post for me as i only read and never post because i think that some of the things people say on here especially younger hs students like wildcat 08 are just plain silly and dont know anything football. I am tired of everyone saying dishon is all we have. let me ask you, does dishon hike the ball to him and throw catch and run it all by himself, did he play much defense against hj, did he play the 4th quarter against kelly, is he the kicker? I mean i know you mean that by saying he is all we got, (he is a hell of a football player) well iam here to tell you that you are only a spectator with zero knwoledge of football that cant give up the game and if you do play or have played before, this goes to anyone, that iam here to tell you that it is a team effort, so cut all the bull about the bridge city dishons. most people have no idea the adversity that we went through the week of hj. injuries people suspended including a great linebacker and a hell of tailback that is dangerous and i dont care what anyone says. Mills can get the job done. So let me say this once, unless you go to the bridge city practices unless you live in bridge city or unless live with a coach and grew up football football football with brothers and uncles and father, then just shut your mouth. Take a look at the season stats so far i garuntee their are guys that deserve recognition such as David Blackshear for being amazing on defense and offense, Estrada for the kick against Liberty and HJ, Stringer for the Great Pass Last Friday, Delano coming up big on third down, All the guys that go both ways, and yes of course Dishon should be commended for his everygame outstanding perfomance and effort. Yet again i will stress the last i Checked we were the Cardinals. And any cardinals reading this i know we are starting to get the me out of head and getting the we together.

Guest Wildcat 08

Good post and yes i know football. I'm just saying i don't think the BC Defense is nearly as good as last year, just my opinion. Hell HJ almost beat you guys. Hope you guys have a great season.

Yes, you are right our defense this year can not even compare to last years defense, however let me remind you that hj runningback is no piece of cake, but that is no excuse for 20 points. niether is this but ill mention it anyway, first touchdown was a one yard run set up by a picked up one yard forward passed and the eye in the sky dont lie, second td was off of a int return, third td was i think about a 13 yard drive off of second center fumble and we held them the first time. So i say that our defense did not do too shabby considering that we are not as good as last year and how people say that we are no good on d. Silsbee no doubt is the favorite, and could possible tell a playoff spot, i think bc season is only close ones. Their are things that silsbee do that can be taken advantage of, and playing that close of a game with ofield is nothing to brag about either. should be a good game, The TEAM will have to bring their A game.

i really think the loser of this is in a bind as far as making the playoffs..and the winner may not be automatically in, but they need to beat who they're supposed to beat and get in healthy. i think in this district you really cant afford a loss early. i think the people still in contention are wo-s kville silsbee ofield bc and jasper. this is gonna be a huge game in terms of confidence, conditioning, and TEAM unity. props to ya "i tell it like it is" for ...telling it ...like it is lol

Their are things that silsbee do that can be taken advantage of' date=' and playing that close of a game with ofield is nothing to brag about either. [/quote']

Orangefield STILL can't get any respect from most people for the tremendous game they played against Silsbee. Guess our boys will just have to prove it to BC on the field! :D

Hey Kosmo' date=' I'm finally here. Are you going to the game Friday?

If we can finally cut down on the turnovers, Cards by 7. Am I the only Card fan who thinks the scariest line-up is Stringer @ QB, with Dishon, and Mills in the backfield. It is a dangerous thing.

Hood[/quote']

What's up Hood! Bout time you made it on the board. Yes, me and the kid will make the game Friday. I agree with you about the line-up. I wish they would go more to that. Who knows, when everyone is healthy and playing, maybe they will migrate towards that line-up. And, BTW, Wildcat 08, our defense is not as good as last years, that's true. But, we gave up less than 190 yards of total offense to HJ. The only reason they scored the points they did, is becuase we gift wrapped them. They scored two touchdowns where they had to drive a total of 20-25 yards.

Any of you Tigers interested in trying to get together at the game to put a face with a name :?:

I know we had a little "meet-n-greet" at the wooden bridge when we played Jasper for the play-off game last year at your house - Seemed like a pretty good location.

Any thoughts? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? 8)

The Cards are ready for this one. There was actually more than two key players out for the last one. All but one will be back. Dishon is not the only thing the team has, and by the fourth qrtr Friday night, Silsbee will have discovered that. Cardinal defense will give up some points, but they won't be easy ones. The offense is on track, and despite missing a good receiver, should be able to move the ball.

BC - 31

Silsbee - 24

Give 'em hell, Cards!

Guest bleed orange

This is a hard game to predict. Do I think Bridge City has a chance, Yes I do. Silsbee is big and athletic, I mean some of the best looking kids I have seen but that does not equate into wins. If Silsbee can get consistent on offense and on defense they could be real tough. I have not seen that from them so far this year. They have the personal I promise you. Its just putting it all together. BC could win this game if underestimated. I am going with the underdog. Bridge City is my pick to win this game.

This is a hard game to predict. Do I think Bridge City has a chance' date=' Yes I do. Silsbee is big and athletic, I mean some of the best looking kids I have seen but that does not equate into wins. If Silsbee can get consistent on offense and on defense they could be real tough. I have not seen that from them so far this year. They have the personal I promise you. Its just putting it all together. BC could win this game if underestimated. I am going with the underdog. Bridge City is my pick to win this game.[/quote']

I dont think we are inconsistent unless you are including are fumbles...i think our O is pretty good and tough to be stopped but we just need to keep possession of the ball.

Guest bleed orange

You are right "D" about holding on to the ball. OF ran the ball on you guys pretty good in the second half. All I am saying is you have the talent but right now you have not put it all together. Does not mean you won't. NO! Maybe its coaching, I don't know. If this Silsbee team was in the 1980's they would win state. They have that much talent but kids do not work as hard as we did in the early 80's and coaches do not work the kids as hard these day's. Society has dictated this and I understand. The teams of the early 80's and 70's would have kicked all the sh%%t out of the teams today because we were mentally tougher. Do you think the players of today could hang with Doug Shankle ( Silsbee Grad)? I don't think so. Not even close, he was a man among boys. I know that the teams of the 60's and 50's would say that about us and so on and so on.

BTW' date=' how did you Cardinal fans like the home side of our stadium last year?[/quote']

VERY NICE! Great seats, but it was a little crowded :wink: . SETx needed that stadium to give us "little guys" a great place to hold play-off games.

The wooden bridge sounds good. What time? My youngest will be playing volleyball, so I may or may not be able to meet at any given time, depending on VB results, but count me

"N"

if I'm free.

Anybody else up to it?

Oh Yeah, BTW - Gig 'Em - Class of '82

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder