Ultimate Fighter 10

mat

TUF 10 doesn't appear to have produced much additional talent in the HW division. It was a pretty boaring season with not much results. The addition of Kimbo makes it interesting but he has a long way to go. Not much interest in the others though.

First of all, Schaub has promise. Dana believes that and don't be suprised if we see him with a smaller contract. Roy Nelson is just like they said on the show. All people doubt him and all he ends up doing is winning. He has a good rrecord and is not afraid to fight anyone. Plus with his experience he may end up getting some better fights early on in this contract than some of the guys some of the other past winners have received. The biggest knock against him is that he just looks wrong for a fighter. But the man have over 15 wins, that is not an easy feat. My record is currently 0-0!

Kimbo show a huge progression from his last fight against Petruzelli and even nelson to this one against Alexander. Houston Alexander is considered a pretty good fighter and yet was dominated. Was it the most exciting fight, not necessarliy but it was not boring either.

You can blame the lack of excitement for this group from the fact that you had a couple of young guys on there, Schuab being the only legit one with a future. A couple of former NFL guys with "retard" strength as Mitrione stated, and none of them looked good at all. Mitrione showed a little more than he did in the house and Dana loves guys who stir the fans up and he does that for sure so I bet he will get some fights also.
The thing that I hate is that the heavyweight division is filled with guys who are either being pushed to cut to 205 or beef up to handle the freaks like Carwin and Lesnar. Maybe they need to do a  retooling of the classes. Make one from 185-195, then do a 195-215. then do another one that is from 215-245. then put the bigger guys in the 245 and up class. The classes I suggested may not be the best ideas as far as amount of weight betweeen upper and lower ends but this is why Kimbo is dropping to 205.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder