*Dayton vs. Brenham Playoff Updates.......Brenham Advances!!!*

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the Bronco seniors that over their 3 year title run it was outstanding-Semis-Finals(help set new scoring record)Quarterfinalists-Proud of you.For the underclassmen starting 2010 the bar has been set-It's your time to shine.Always Believe.To Coach Stewart and staff may you have a wonderful holiday season for all your extra hard work -it was more than noteworthy to build a team again after so much was lost to Graduation.At least Dayton coaches have been noted to Bring it by the pollsters comments.Never been prouder to be a fan @60 Go Broncos ;)

I was sitting her thinking about the Broncos not just this season but the last 3 seasons. What an accomplishment each group has had. As I was watching our Broncos try there best last night only to come up short my eyes noticed the group standing on the sidelines the Freshman and the J.V players brought up by Coach Stewart basically to watch the varsity. The last 3 groups have set the bar very hi. The groups coming are very talanted but I think that the thing that seperates them from almost everyone else is what they have witnessed. By this I mean how hard each of the 3 groups before them have worked, there passion for the game, by being coachable Never giving up, etc. I think that we will be able to look back in the years coming and say that the 07,08,09 Broncos have changed our culture in that now these younger groups expect to win and know that if they listen to there coaching staff they can get them there. I am even willing to say that there influence has deeper roots if you happen by one of the elementary schools in Dayton  watch what is hapening at recess almost all of the young boys and even some girls are playing football, and if you happen to listen you can hear that they are not claiming the names of Matt Schaub or Brett Favre or even Adrian Peterson. You hear them say I am Cody, I am A.J., I am Tony etc. Now these young kids who seem to love football have new idols and they  are the Broncos of the past. Now they will become the Broncos of the future.
 Great season Broncos you will always be champions.

First and foremost I am extremely proud of our Broncos for getting this far!  No team can make it this far by accident.  We truly have men among boys on the team, not to mention a few home town heros for saving lives.  You all are an exemplary example of courage and discipline!

Secondly, I congratulate Brenham on an outstanding, come-from-behind game.  I noticed that it was a very cleanly played game with the exception of one instance at the beginning.  I truly hope that we have lost to the state champ or at least the state finalist.

Now to the drunken, beligerant fans that were yelling DDAAAYYYYTTTTOOOOONNNNN!!!!!  I am truly ashamed that you people were even there at the game.  And then to cheer when the Brenham QB was injured and temporarily removed for a few plays.  You are an excellent example of poor sportsmanship and "no class" fans.  In my opinion you are not welcome to any more games.  You are to support the kids no matter which side of the ball they are on!!  You also ruined a good family night for me and my family.  AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THROWING FOOD AT MY SISTER AND FAMILY AND TELLING THEM TO GET THEIR a** BACK TO BRENHEM.  Yes they were from Brenhem but they were not beligerant or "in your face" when ever their team scored!  AND they are to be welcomed anyway!  A FINE EXAMPLE OF HOSPITALITY AND SPORTSMANSHIP YOU ARE!!!!  And thanks to you all they left the game early!  Ladies and gentlemen I know there are bad apples in every bunch and that the Dayton fan base is not represented by these people, but there is no excuse for the attitudes displayed last night, not to mention to keep their alcohol at home!  

I apologize if all this sounds a bit immature, but I just needed to say it.

Once again, congratulations Broncos on a very good season of high school football!!

[quote name="friogal" post="724886" timestamp="1260084886"]
Couple of things I want to share with the fine young men that played this game tonight......first off, congratulations are in order to Brenham for doing a fine job of making the necessary adjustments to execute very well in the second half and get the job done!!!  Your adjustments and our mistakes resulted in the better team winning tonight. I wish you nothing but the best- you have a great team and the ability to go all the way!

To the Broncos: although I wish the outcome was different, there are some valuable and important lessons to be learned from it all! I want you to know you have nothing to be ashamed of first and foremost...you had a great year and it was a fun and exciting ride!!! I am so proud of this entire team for your accomplishments and you are all stars/ winners in my eyes. The team effort you put forth to overcome the odds you faced this season is one for the record books for sure. You are great role models and many, many people are very proud of you.  I pray you each have found/ find meaning in the whole experience with this team (win or loss)- there are valuable lessons to be learned with both outcomes! I wish all the seniors nothing but the best in the future and please know that I, and many others, feel honored to have witnessed the effort you put forth......it was very respectful and full of heart......we can't ask for more than that.  Now take this experience and go follow your dreams.  To the players that will be returning next year or the seniors who will continue to play at the next level, build upon what you have learned this year and never, never stop believing in yourself!!! Thank you for an outstanding and exciting year of football!!!
A dedicated fan who loves and stands by the Broncos no matter the outcome!!!
[/quote]

Great post!! Watching the Broncos over the years has become a way of life. Going to the games, reading the post, decorating cars, packing the stands, and cheering on the boys  is an experience I’ll never forget. Although we didn’t earn another ticket to state, we had a good season, and once again the boys worked around their obstacles. I’m so proud to come from a town that supports their team so extensively. I’m sad for the seniors because for most last night was their last chance to play, and I know they wanted to win ….its heart breaking to see the tears in their eyes. I hope all the guys see that their team has gone a lot farther than many others, and they are all winners in this town!

JORDAN BAXTER, watching you grow up playing sports throughout the years has been so exciting!!! I can remember you being  the fastest little kid on the soccer field, going to different states hitting grand slams, and most of all sacking many qb’s. You make me so proud kid!

GO BRONCOS! 

As far as the belligerent fan thing goes I've noticed over the past several years the deeper we get  in the playoffs that's when the loonies come out of the woodwork and jump on the bandwagon. During the Lake Travis game there were some drunk belligerent people in front of me trying to taunt the LK fans all the way across the field - I just wished I had a baseball bat to show my appreciation ! Again I want to say thanks for all the Bronco players and what a gallant season you gave to all us fans ! And a shout out to Payton Ploch,Tony Hill, Xavier Franks and the rest of the seniors you will be sadly missed !

Congrats to Brenham....most everyone has said everything there is to be said and Brenham truly took advantage of the mistakes at the end.  Didn't close this one out like we should've but Brenham's D-Line was absolutely outstanding and caused problems all night.  Another great season and it's off to the basement until next football season.

Good luck to Brenham the rest of the way
Great season Broncos....you guys make me proud every year.

PS - All the fans are welcome at the games....belligerent or not.  I'd like us to show better but everyone has what they have....there are belligerent fans everywhere; I'd rather have fans that are into the game and know what in the heck they are watching but however you support is fine with me. 

It's not ok to throw food though.

[quote name="API steve" post="724912" timestamp="1260093153"]
[quote author=DaBears link=topic=63402.msg724774#msg724774 date=1260074268]
I was very impressed with the speed at which the Dayton fans were able to leave when Brenham took the lead. They werent as fast as PNG fans, but they were fast none the less.
[/quote]

Still got PNG on the brain, you know you shoudn't have won that game huh..........
[/quote]

Explain how we "shouldn't have won that game?".  From where I was sitting we flat out just outplayed you.  It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning is winning.  The would've, should've, could've doesn't matter in sports.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="725174" timestamp="1260130914"]
[quote author=API steve link=topic=63402.msg724912#msg724912 date=1260093153]
I was very impressed with the speed at which the Dayton fans were able to leave when Brenham took the lead. They werent as fast as PNG fans, but they were fast none the less.
[/quote]

Still got PNG on the brain, you know you shoudn't have won that game huh..........
[/quote]

Explain how we "shouldn't have won that game?".  From where I was sitting we flat out just outplayed you.  It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile...winning is winning.  The would've, should've, could've doesn't matter in sports.
[/quote]

It's ok, they believe everything Dave Campbell writes.

[quote name="dayton 2001" post="725047" timestamp="1260119365"]
I was sitting her thinking about the Broncos not just this season but the last 3 seasons. What an accomplishment each group has had. As I was watching our Broncos try there best last night only to come up short my eyes noticed the group standing on the sidelines the Freshman and the J.V players brought up by Coach Stewart basically to watch the varsity. The last 3 groups have set the bar very hi. The groups coming are very talanted but I think that the thing that seperates them from almost everyone else is what they have witnessed. By this I mean how hard each of the 3 groups before them have worked, there passion for the game, by being coachable Never giving up, etc. I think that we will be able to look back in the years coming and say that the 07,08,09 Broncos have changed our culture in that now these younger groups expect to win and know that if they listen to there coaching staff they can get them there. I am even willing to say that there influence has deeper roots if you happen by one of the elementary schools in Dayton  watch what is hapening at recess almost all of the young boys and even some girls are playing football, and if you happen to listen you can hear that they are not claiming the names of Matt Schaub or Brett Favre or even Adrian Peterson. You hear them say I am Cody, I am A.J., I am Tony etc. Now these young kids who seem to love football have new idols and they  are the Broncos of the past. Now they will become the Broncos of the future.
 Great season Broncos you will always be champions.
[/quote] That my friend is EXACTLY what Friday Night Light Lights can do not only for a community but for a school district.  The last three groups of Broncos have made ALL of Dayton and ALL students in Dayton ISD PROUD to be a part of the community and the school district.  You can not underestimate what this does not only for the athletic program, but also the academic standards in the district.  WAY TO GO BRONCOS!  ALWAYS BELIEVE

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="725278" timestamp="1260139819"]
Anybody know where the 4A D2 championship is gonna be?
[/quote]

The site is determined by the coaches that are in the championship.  I hear that this will be the last year for the coaches to decide, after this year the UIL will determine the site.

[quote name="7mary3" post="725186" timestamp="1260131767"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63402.msg725174#msg725174 date=1260130914]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]
It's ok, they believe everything Dave Campbell writes.[/b]
[/quote]

If that were true, we would have never gotten out of our district.  DC had PNG at like #5  in 20-4A.

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="725518" timestamp="1260158522"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=63402.msg725186#msg725186 date=1260131767]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63402.msg725174#msg725174 date=1260130914]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[b]
It's ok, they believe everything Dave Campbell writes.[/b]
[/quote]

If that were true, we would have never gotten out of our district.  DC had PNG at like #5  in 20-4A.
[/quote]

Yep, i thought it was odd that his mag didnt even having us making the playoffs.

[quote name="rollinac" post="725163" timestamp="1260129925"]
Congrats to Brenham....most everyone has said everything there is to be said and Brenham truly took advantage of the mistakes at the end.  Didn't close this one out like we should've but Brenham's D-Line was absolutely outstanding and caused problems all night.  Another great season and it's off to the basement until next football season.

Good luck to Brenham the rest of the way
Great season Broncos....you guys make me proud every year.

PS - All the fans are welcome at the games....belligerent or not.  I'd like us to show better but everyone has what they have....there are belligerent fans everywhere; I'd rather have fans that are into the game and know what in the heck they are watching but however you support is fine with me. 

It's not ok to throw food though.
[/quote]

But ok to be drunk and obnoxious right - as long as they support my team. That is what is wrong - that kind of tolerance. Previous poster had it right - stay away to those type of fans. Go to a college or pro game if you want to act like that.

Best of luck to Brenham-It's anybodies game vs.Tivy but remember it's about finishing and all things are ALMOST forgotten.Antlers have 5 early losses but have been winning lately.I got Brenham against anybody if they can play 4 full qtrs.A Cub state Championship makes the Dayton/PNG/Angleton losses kinda a win to get beat by the best after giving your best.All a Coach wants is your Best.Have to say I like these Cubs not those from Wrigley.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami