Loser GAME 6 VS Loser GAME 7

GAME 16-5:00pm
Winner GAME 6 VS Winner GAME 7

Dec 5 Sat.
GAME 21-12:30pm Consolation Championship

GAME 22-2:00pm Third Place Game

GAME 25-6:30pm CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="720805" timestamp="1259598187"]
Looks like it could come down to Evadale and Starks for the championship just like last year. But it could be anyone!
[/quote]

I have not seen Evadale play this year.  Do they have anybody that can stay with Starks point guard?

[quote name="Slam14" post="720821" timestamp="1259600019"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=63073.msg720805#msg720805 date=1259598187]
Looks like it could come down to Evadale and Starks for the championship just like last year. But it could be anyone!
[/quote]

I have not seen Evadale play this year.  Do they have anybody that can stay with Starks point guard?
[/quote]

Stay with her, well that would be tough for any body, but I think they can contain her limiting her effectiveness.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="720933" timestamp="1259609549"]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=63073.msg720821#msg720821 date=1259600019]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=63073.msg720805#msg720805 date=1259598187]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Stay with her, well that would be tough for any body, but I think they can contain her limiting her effectiveness.
[/quote]

;D  You are right in your assessment of the Starks point guard...it would be tough for any defensive player to try to play her "head up".  If you do have success limiting her, you go a long way in slowing down Starks.  Good luck.

PS,  thanks for your reply Rebel.  After I posted, I was afraid Evadale fans might think I was slighting the Evadale players and that is certainly not the case.  I just know how tough Baleigh Bussell is for Starks and have not seen Evadale to know how they will try to match up with her.

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="721070" timestamp="1259621049"]
This is the first year in many many years that Deweyville will not be there...I'm wondering why? It is always such a good tournament....I am disappointed! :-X :-\
[/quote]

Not sure about why Deweyville is not in the tournament, but I know that they have brought the size of the tournament down so that all the games can be played in the new gym.

[quote name="Slam14" post="721129" timestamp="1259626933"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=63073.msg720933#msg720933 date=1259609549]
[quote author=Slam14 link=topic=63073.msg720821#msg720821 date=1259600019]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

;D  You are right in your assessment of the Starks point guard...it would be tough for any defensive player to try to play her "head up".  If you do have success limiting her, you go a long way in slowing down Starks.  Good luck.

PS,  thanks for your reply Rebel.  After I posted, I was afraid Evadale fans might think I was slighting the Evadale players and that is certainly not the case.  I just know how tough Baleigh Bussell is for Starks and have not seen Evadale to know how they will try to match up with her.
[/quote]

Miss Bussell is one fast quick young lady and has been for several years. She has been on the varsity since the 6th grade, seriously, remember that LA allows smaller schools to play middle schools, 6th grade included on high school teams. So I think she still has a couple of years left to play. I know if she was 8 to 10 inches taller that she would have colleges lining up to get her signed.

No slight was taken as I knew exactly what you were talking about when you posted and Coach Hollyfield would likely concur. She is a very good player.

[quote name="BOSoxfan4life" post="721416" timestamp="1259678045"]
I would be willing to bet money that Deweyville is not in this tournment because Evadale not showing up for the Championship game last year in the Deweyville Tournment.
[/quote]
Wasnt really a championship game. It was a round robin and Evadale had already beaten everyone and had beaten WOS twice already that year.

[quote name="BOSoxfan4life" post="721614" timestamp="1259690891"]
I dont care what kind of tournment it is, round robin, double elimination etc,  What are you teaching the girls by not showing up? 

I am speaking for myself on this but I would be willing to Bet that is why Coach Hammerly decided (if she was even asked) not to play in the Evadale Tournment. 
[/quote]

Wasnt that way at all. It was discussed and decided last year.
Dont worry the Evadale coaches teach the kids, to play hard, give it your all, play as a team, and to display good sportsmanship at all times. They are also taught to respect every opponent. If you have watched them over the years you would know that to be true.

I am not saying that.  I am very familiar with the coaches at Evadale and their principles they teach their kids.  A+ athletic program and school from School Board down to kids.

But you made a commitment to be in the Deweyville Tournament last year and you play until the tournament is over with.  You don't just not show up for the Championship or Last Game, regardless of what is is called because you have beaten everyone.

If their are no hard feelings between the two coaches/squads great.  I will still stick to my personal opinion and speculate of why Deweyville after NUMEROUS years is not in the Evadale Invitational.  

Found this Thread about it
[url=http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=46932.0]http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=46932.0[/url]

[quote name="BOSoxfan4life" post="721756" timestamp="1259703752"]
Have the Twins from Evadale Graduated? 
[/quote]

Yes along with Megan Toms and Mindy Block but these are back
Post - Karly Drake
Guard - Ariel Wills
Wing - Kacy Jones
Guard - Holly Herrington
Guard - Sierra Griffin
Post - Ashton Clark
All of these were part of the regional quarter-final team from last year

Yea, that's some very talented girls...can't wait to see how far they go...should be all the way!! Best of luck to all of you!
BTW....I haven't heard of anybody having hard feelings over the Deweyville tournament last year...For my own personal reasons I hate that the pirates are not playing in Evadale's tournament...I think the girls would have more competition there than High Island...just my opinion..but, what do I know?

I dont know of any hard feelings either.The girls are returning to the Starks La. Ty this year for different styles of play. Some of those La. teams have played 20 games already and are very tough to play, and this year the Evadale Ty. just changed some teams for variety.
They added 3A Hamshire-Fannett 2A Newton and 1A Colmesneil
Dropped 3A WOS 2A Deweyville and Evadale JV

I cant remember who didnt show last year but I think it was because of football playoffs. Thats why the JV team played.
Dont sell yourself short you are a very knowledgeable basketball fan and you still have two years for her to play her old teammates. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder