WOS-54 Hamshire Fannett-0 Final/ Post Game Comments

Guest JoesBros

HF lost their QB on their first offensive play. He was earholed running the ball. The helmet came flying off. I didn't realize he was hurt until the officials called a timeout and he was being held up by a lineman. He was lifeflighted to the hospital. He has at the least a concussion maybe more. Hopefully he'll be okay! HFs backup just moved up from JV this week. His timing was off even though we only threw the ball 6 or 7 times. I think our coaches were trying to run the clock down by running the ball to get the game over. It seemed that everytime WOS had the ball they scored!! They got 7 or more yards every play. HF made very few plays on either side of the ball. Talent and speed wins out again!

Guest GoStangs

Best wishes to the QB. It looked like a hard hit, but he got up and off the field with assistance, so I was surprised when we saw the helicopter and learned they had to life flight him to the hospital. Hopefully, he's alright.

Guest GoStangs

That's what I saw, Coop. The ambulance took him from the sidelines, and a little while later, the helicopter landed a good ways behind the visitor-side stands. It took off and headed toward Beaumont.

Guest ECBucFan

I ain't "offended".... It just seems to me like a point was made to show how "it really could have been much worse" or "yall could have won even bigger". Kinda seems out of place, especially after posts about a lifeflight injury.

The point is that we were merciful ;)

I'm kidding. I think it's a valid point to make' date=' especially when we put so much stock into posting scores and game details. Did I offend you?[/quote']

As a HF fan and parent of a Varsity player he is right. It was unfortunate about the injury but I think they could have scored 75-100 pts. They went to what second teamers that they had and they scored on us. It didn't appear that they have enough guys to have many backups. It was nasty but it could have been nastier!! Much nastier!! We could have been in the record books for the wrong reasons. How does WOS reload every season!?? :shock:

I DO KNOW THIS. EVERYONE IN 21-AAA WILL GET THEIR WEEKLY DOSE OF THESE GUYS. WOS IS PROBABLY THE BEST TEAM IN THE AREA IN ALL CLASSIFICATIONS. I WOULD TAKE THEM AGAINST ANY AREA 4A TEAM .........EASILY.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124