*Dayton vs. El Campo Playoff Updates...DAYTON ADVANCES!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since nobody replied to my post about the freshman kicker how Great was that winning field goal and Coach Stewart had all smiles as he sent him out to seal the deal.The dude's been perfect all year.Make that now 79 points and still 100%.Great second half adjustment by the offense and defense.Ref's were not as bad as most but missed a bunch of calls and some late hits.Finally got 1 called.

Yea Number 5's really late cheap shot on 20 or 30 (couldn't see the number) should've been called.  Ploch got a couple of bad spots there in the second half but the refs overall were pretty stellar.  Still though the PI was a no call.  A lot of jawing in this game from both sides....that late hit by #5 was obvious retaliation and he got away with it but honestly is that all you got on a defenseless receiver who's darn near walking back to the huddle?

I just read on Chron.com that the coaches headsets quit working during the first quarter and they didn't get them going again until half time.  So now we know why they weren't playing up to their ability in the first half.  No communication with the press box.  ???

[quote name="rollinac" post="719162" timestamp="1259387679"]
Their defense was pretty stout....don't usually run into teams that are as athletic as we are but they were....well almost anyway.  Yea one dimensional for sure....and the pass interference....cmon man that's a no call in my book on a jump ball but whatever.
[/quote]
I saw the replay of that call last night on High School Scoreboard. Even R. Mcelvoy said it was an interception. Every team can complain about a bad call here or there, but that one erased a great defensive play and gave them points. But hey, the Broncos played well enough to survive.

What a thriller by the gritty kick butt Bronco's ! It's fun beating a very good team at their own game like we did in the 4the Qtr. Koodos for Stewart putting Payton in as QB would of been a different out come other wise.Frank (with no "s") is starting to get a feel for the running back position breaking out for big plays is becoming the norm for him. Young WR's look like proficient veterans. How about that big "D" shutting down El Campo in the 2nd half what a group of out standing athletes the Bronco's have !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="719412" timestamp="1259431925"]
What a thriller by the gritty kick butt Bronco's ! It's fun beating a very good team at their own game like we did in the 4the Qtr. Koodos for Stewart putting Payton in as QB would of been a different out come other wise.Frank (with no "s") is starting to get a feel for the running back position breaking out for big plays is becoming the norm for him. Young WR's look like proficient veterans. How about that big "D" shutting down El Campo in the 2nd half what a group of out standing athletes the Bronco's have !
[/quote]

hey jayhawk i think its outstanding (with no "space") ;]

[quote name="navy09" post="719414" timestamp="1259432147"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=63043.msg719412#msg719412 date=1259431925]
[/quote]

hey jayhawk i think its outstanding (with no "space") ;]
[/quote] Thanks, My typing skills and grammar have never been outstanding !

Not that it matters now but man could the Chron.get the stats added correctly.Go to game summary:Passing-A.Herrera 17/30=280 Ploch 3/3=100  rushing Ploch 13/59  X.Frank 16/121 =560 total yds. reported total 378 total,Their accuracies have been off all year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124