Dayton vs. E.l. Campo predictions?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to do my homework on El Campo before I can make a final prediction but my general prediction at this point is.....a Bronco win! They have gotten better each week and tonight they showed everyone why they have made it deep into the playoffs the last several years! Great game.
I believe they can do it!

First off Congrats on Broncos win over Waller. I wanted to stay and watch but after being rained on all day decided to head back to Crosby. Listening to couple coaches and friends in Angleton I hear El Campo has got a decent team, most teams have to be to get three deep in play-offs. I like Dayton in this one 24-10. Besides a Dayton win and if Angleton beats Brenham that sets up a game I will not miss. Two great teams going at it, That's what HS football is all about. Keep it going 19-4A!!!!!!!!

Congrats Broncos it looks like were on our way again. Concerning El Campo I just have a hard time believing that a strictly running team is going to score enough to beat us right now. I know that there are some teams out there maybe Angelton that will challange us on the ground, but defensively I think we are just too solid against the run.The one thing that I did notice last night on pass plays was much better coverage by our secondary especially Evan Brown he has had 2 really good games in a row. Offensively the "O" line continues to dominate. I do not think that we will put up 40 points on El Campo but I can see the mid 20 and that will be enough Broncos 28 Ricebirds 7.

I'm not gonna underestimate El Campo bc they came out and ran 55 times for 331 yds last week against Yates.. i mean thats pretty impressive for two backs to go for a 100 yds!. Dayton has a pretty impressive run defense so i dont see them jus coming out and running on us like that.. This is gonna be a grind it out game in the trenches and its gonna be fun too for the Broncos front 7.. Plus we have an offense that can put up numbers too.. Buuuuut like always, i take Dayton 31 El Campo 14.. lol i see carranco gettin another field goal..

[quote name="jiggs" post="716089" timestamp="1258985745"]
I refuse to support dayton in any way, except (gulp) I hope they win.  I think El Campo is legit; its about time you had some competition.  Its been pretty much a cush schedule so far.
[/quote]

vidor was not cush!!!

Crosby just needs to not let up when they have a lead and your results would look the same.

There's no doubt El Campo is the real deal or they wouldn't be in the 3rd round.  BUT Dayton is the real deal as well so this should be a pretty good match up.  Dayton's offense cannot sputter or turn the ball over.  I give Dayton a slight edge with the experience factor.  Dayton's defense holds.

Dayton    31

El Campo 14

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="716119" timestamp="1258989038"]
[quote author=B.M.F. link=topic=62818.msg715359#msg715359 date=1258870070]
I thought the offense looked pretty potent tonight.
[/quote]

you're dang right they did...X Franks riding #66 to 200+ yards...that O Line made it happen
[/quote]
I've been saying all year that this O line is one of the best I've seen. Untill recently the rest of the offense has stalled from time to time. Looks the whole offense is firing on all cylinders now! Amazing blocking clinic in the Waller game, by not just the O line, but the receivers as well.

Q1   Q2   Q3   Q4   Final
Dayton 10.5 10.5 10.0 10.0 36.6
El Campo 14.0 7.0 14.0 7.0 32.3
  ok i cant get it to line up right but anyway this was from maxpreps

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="716170" timestamp="1258992602"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=62818.msg716119#msg716119 date=1258989038]
[quote author=B.M.F. link=topic=62818.msg715359#msg715359 date=1258870070]
I thought the offense looked pretty potent tonight.
[/quote]

you're dang right they did...X Franks riding #66 to 200+ yards...that O Line made it happen
[/quote]
I've been saying all year that this O line is one of the best I've seen. Untill recently the rest of the offense has stalled from time to time. Looks the whole offense is firing on all cylinders now! Amazing blocking clinic in the Waller game, by not just the O line, but the receivers as well.
[/quote]

Armchair coaching but they have to keep giving Franks the ball.  That helped the offense in so many ways the other night.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83