Night before second Rd games

Tonight many kids in Texas are going to bed thinking of tomorrow.  What they may have for breakfast or lunch.  What they are gonna do at school.  Many kids though are dreaming of playoff game.  Hoping they have what it takes to win and move closer to that state title.  Going over offensive and defensive plays in their heads.  Visualizing themselves making the big plays or big block or scoring the winning touchdown.  Hoping when the clock reads 0 in the fourth quarter their team is victorious.  Hoping that bus ride home is full of celebrating and not cold quiet darkness contemplating what went wrong.  Most of all hoping to have to show up on Saturday morning to start preparing for the next opponent. 

I know as a former Texas high school football player many of these same thoughts ran through my mind.  So good luck to all the young men with Texas high school football dreams tonight.  I will be out in Conroe tomorrow hoping my Trojans can get another win against Rockdale to be able to dream another week!

[quote name="outanup" post="712820" timestamp="1258718204"]
As 17-18 year old young men , most dont realize how fleeting the moment truly is. When its over it leaves a void that only time can fill. Good luck to all, and remember leave it all on the field!!!!!!
[/quote]

This very true.  The only feeling I could find that matched playing was coaching.  I'm very excited for these kids.  I think I actually played plays in my head last night when I was sleeping.  I could coach back in Arizona, but not here in Texas.  I need finish my degree so I can stand on the sideline again.  What a feeling that is.  Good luck to all the area teams tonight.  May your dreams come true!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder