Football Stadium

I hope you guys are smart enough to realize that Coker was definitely contacted. No, I have nothing to do with the school, nor do I know the AD, but you have to realize how many coaches were contacted, and that Coker MOST LIKELY was one of them. Coker most likely turned down any chance of coming here because of the recruiting and the area of San Antonio and the area around Beaumont. Granted our players are just as good, the coaching staff will see more players there. As for the stadium, who really cares? We've been begging for football for years, and it's finally here. Get EXCITED about football being back. Any special things with this stadium are PERKS. Win first, worry about the stadium next. Winners bring in money=Stadium improvement. Be thankful football is back, worry about the stadium after we win..

Guest coachacola
I could be wrong, but my point was that LU probably couldn't pay Coker $200K like UTSA can.  Having 25K+ students like UTSA and Texas State have definitely helps the athletic budgets at those schools.  San Antonio is probably higher than Beaumont on most everyone's list of places to live too.  But long term I'm bullish on the Beaumont area.

I don't think expanding seating was ever planned for this phase of the stadium, but since they are spending close to $26 million instead of $18 to $22 million as first proposed means it should be a very nice 18K seat stadium, with SRO capacity of 20K+ plus.  I'm very excited about the return of football.  I think it'll help attendance in the other sports because more people in the area will be coming to the campus.

Lamar still has a lot of work to do in and around campus, so I think this is only the start of good things at Lamar.  Hopefully more development will occur around campus and the stadium to make the area more tailgating friendly.  I think we'll eventually see the Montagne Center blend into the football stadium.  I bet we'll see a total renovation of the Montagne Center when they add a practice facility on to it.  Great things are coming, but it takes a lot of time and I do get impatient.

[quote name="coachacola" post="728585" timestamp="1260632858"]
I could be wrong, but my point was that LU probably couldn't pay Coker $200K like UTSA can.  Having 25K+ students like UTSA and Texas State have definitely helps the athletic budgets at those schools.  San Antonio is probably higher than Beaumont on most everyone's list of places to live too.  But long term I'm bullish on the Beaumont area.

I don't think expanding seating was ever planned for this phase of the stadium, but since they are spending close to $26 million instead of $18 to $22 million as first proposed means it should be a very nice 18K seat stadium, with SRO capacity of 20K+ plus.  I'm very excited about the return of football.  I think it'll help attendance in the other sports because more people in the area will be coming to the campus.

Lamar still has a lot of work to do in and around campus, so I think this is only the start of good things at Lamar.  Hopefully more development will occur around campus and the stadium to make the area more tailgating friendly.  I think we'll eventually see the Montagne Center blend into the football stadium.  I bet we'll see a total renovation of the Montagne Center when they add a practice facility on to it.  Great things are coming, but it takes a lot of time and I do get impatient.
[/quote]

Don't we all. But after what I said, I'm very excited about everything going around campus too, and yes the Montagne hopefully will receive renovations too. Lord knows it needs it.. Lol.

• 4 weeks later...
I think the stadium could be a intimadating place for some opponents.  Half the stadium is below ground and the Montange at one endzone and then the field house at the other with the third largest scoreboard in Texas on top of it.  with all that it kind of encloses the stadium and I think with 20-25K fans it could get pretty loud there in my opinion.

[quote name="Javelina" post="739708" timestamp="1262844865"]
I think the stadium could be a intimadating place for some opponents.  Half the stadium is below ground and the Montange at one endzone and then the field house at the other with the third largest scoreboard in Texas on top of it.  with all that it kind of encloses the stadium and I think with 20-25K fans it could get pretty loud there in my opinion.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. As long as the fans continue to show even after losses. Because there will be losses, it's the start of a new program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont