DC's Texas Football Playoff Bracket's Predictions

The scoop from these 4 "experts" about our area teams:

5A Div.I    2 of the 4 have North Shore getting to the regionals, no regionals for WB

5A Div.II   All 4 have none of our teams winning a single game in the playoffs

4A DI  1 of the 4 have Crosby making the regionals, all 4 have Central not making it past Area

4A DII  2 of the 4 have Dayton making the regional finals, only 1 has PNG advancing past 2nd round

3A DI  All 4 have Jasper losing in first round, Silsbee losing in second round

3A DII  3 of the 4 have WOS making it to the regional finals

2A DI  All 4 have Kirbyville losing to Arp in regional finals

2A DII All 4 have Newton losing to Dangerfield in regional finals

1A DI & DII  All 4 have all our local 1A's not winning a single playoff game

All 4 "experts" have no team from our area advancing out of Region III

It is not a strech that Brenham knocks out the PN-G / Barbers Hill winner.
Brenham is also one of the top ranked teams in Region III.
PN-G really has a tough road to make it out of Region III.
Taking out Brenham and then Angleton, then most likely Dayton will be a very tough task.

Dayton really drew a good part of the bracket.
If the Broncos continue to improve, each game that the sophomore qb gets under his belt can only make the Dayton offense better.
Can the Broncos improve enough to take on Angleton???
I have been saying all along that Angleton is the likely Region III champ.
They just might have to beat the two time defending Region III winners to make it to the semi's....
Also looking ahead....
If Dayton were to win their 3rd region III championship, they just might get a rematch with Tivy....  I beat there is a lot of Kerrville people who would love to get another shot at the Broncos.
FYI...  They did predict Dayton and Sulphur Springs in the finals last year, saying they are totally misinformed is just your opinion.

[quote name="maverick" post="704554" timestamp="1257988411"]
All 4 of them predict that Angleton will make it to State and 3 out of 4 predict that Angleton will win it all.  Interesting. I guess that means whoever knocks Angleton out of the playoffs becomes the new frontrunner...
[/quote]
That is what I have been "fearlessly predicting" since about the 4th week of the season.
Having Angleton in division II is bad news for the Broncos and worse news for PN-G (sense they will play them first (if the Indians can get past Brenham)).

We all need to remember, not only does it take talent to make it out of Region III, it also takes a little luck and avoidance from the injury bug.  If your star player or players get hurt it really terminates your season.
Any key player getting hurt on any of the teams really changes everything (including those brackets).

For the Broncos to get a possible chance well that's good as it would make 3 shots in a row towards the finals in as many years.To lose so many talented players and still be making some noise says who you are.The players decide their fate on the field 1 week at a time.Everybody's starting even in the 2nd season.

[quote name="liltex" post="704779" timestamp="1258022735"]
AggiesAreWe;Travis Stewart & Dennis Hall-DCTF both have Dayton Div 11 in the Qtr.finals.Forrest has Hou.Yates-Padilla has El Campo.
[/quote]

Did you forget? We don't count(as SE Texas), or maybe they have just grown accustomed to us being there.  ;D

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="704653" timestamp="1257994997"]
[quote author=maverick link=topic=62247.msg704554#msg704554 date=1257988411]
All 4 of them predict that Angleton will make it to State and 3 out of 4 predict that Angleton will win it all.  Interesting. I guess that means whoever knocks Angleton out of the playoffs becomes the new frontrunner...
[/quote]
That is what I have been "fearlessly predicting" since about the 4th week of the season.
Having Angleton in division II is bad news for the Broncos and worse news for PN-G (sense they will play them first (if the Indians can get past Brenham)).

We all need to remember, not only does it take talent to make it out of Region III, it also takes a little luck and avoidance from the injury bug.  If your star player or players get hurt it really terminates your season.
Any key player getting hurt on any of the teams really changes everything (including those brackets).
[/quote]
Its been proven that Angleton can loose. They lost to Manvel ? (spelling). I know that they are as close to one dimentional as Vidor is. THeir man Diggs. I heard he got injured or something to that nature. But untill then we have BH to play. Even though PNG is undefeated they are still not being taken serious. THats ok we can come in under the radar and see what happens. PNG will go much deeper than most expect. Just a gut feeling.  Also I believe that no respect has been given to Central. They will go much deeper than most expect.

[quote name="bronco1" post="704787" timestamp="1258027598"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=62247.msg704779#msg704779 date=1258022735]
AggiesAreWe;Travis Stewart & Dennis Hall-DCTF both have Dayton Div 11 in the Qtr.finals.Forrest has Hou.Yates-Padilla has El Campo.
[/quote]

Did you forget? We don't count(as SE Texas), or maybe they have just grown accustomed to us being there.  ;D
[/quote]

Yes,my bad, I forgot. I will make the correction.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="704788" timestamp="1258027813"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=62247.msg704653#msg704653 date=1257994997]
[quote author=maverick link=topic=62247.msg704554#msg704554 date=1257988411]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Its been proven that Angleton can loose. They lost to Manvel ? (spelling). I know that they are as close to one dimentional as Vidor is. THeir man Diggs. I heard he got injured or something to that nature. But untill then we have BH to play. Even though PNG is undefeated they are still not being taken serious. THats ok we can come in under the radar and see what happens. PNG will go much deeper than most expect. Just a gut feeling.  Also I believe that no respect has been given to Central. They will go much deeper than most expect.
[/quote]
If PN-G and Dayton were switched in the brackets, Dave Campell editors probably would have the same scenario with PN-G going to quarter-finals and Dayton getting ousted by either Brenham or Angleton.
PN-G really did get in the harder half of the bracket.
As stated previously...
If Dayton's sophomore QB keeps improving, along with the defense, in four weeks this team might very well be better than Angleton.
The defensive speed in the front seven for Dayton is probably the best west of the Brazos.
Also...
If Dayton can make it to the quartefinals, with all the sophomores, and even freshmen that have been pulled up which might see action in the second half, this Dayton team will really be the favorites in Region III for the next few years.  The present and future really looks bright for Bronco fans.
I doubt no other team has as many sophomores and freshmen getting quality playing time like the Broncos.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
Well since people in dallas know more about se texas football than all our coaches do..I reckon i'll print this and take it to Coach Alvarez...I'm sure since we already know that Kirbyville is gonna lose to Arp ..He'll probably not even show up for the game... ;D ;D

I thought this was interesting, straight runs in the playoffs:

The old-timers: These teams forget what it's like not to be in the playoffs ...
Houston Yates (33)   CC Calallen (25)    Waxahachie (20)   Dallas Carter (20)   Highland Park (15)   Aledo (14)   DAYTON (14)   Wolfforth Frenship (14)   Kerrville Tivy (13)   Everman (11)   Dallas Lincoln (11)   Denton Ryan (10)   Texarkana Texas High (9)   Longview (9)   Lake Dallas (8   Austin McCallum (8   Dallas SOC (7)   EP Chapin (7)   EP Andress (7)   EP Parkland (7)   Alamo Heights (7)   EP Del Valle (6)   Lake Travis (6)   CC Ray (6)   CC Flour Bluff (6)   Canyon (6)   Stephenville (6)   Brenham (6)

[quote name="liltex" post="704998" timestamp="1258044337"]
Good sell -not buying Brenham who recently like Angleton got beat in a game they we supposed to win.But I agree as I've seen PNG.They will do well.If the Indians get the Brenham match-up they will win.
[/quote]

I don't know for sure since I wasn't there but I would suspect Brenham rested a number of starters. Or played them sparingly. This was the last regular season game and they had already clinched. Waller on the other hand had to win to get in.

[quote name="octfeb" post="705025" timestamp="1258046104"]
I thought this was interesting, straight runs in the playoffs:

The old-timers: These teams forget what it's like not to be in the playoffs ...
Houston Yates (33)   CC Calallen (25)    Waxahachie (20)   Dallas Carter (20)   Highland Park (15)   Aledo (14)   DAYTON (14)   Wolfforth Frenship (14)   Kerrville Tivy (13)   Everman (11)   Dallas Lincoln (11)   Denton Ryan (10)   Texarkana Texas High (9)   Longview (9)   Lake Dallas (8   Austin McCallum (8   Dallas SOC (7)   EP Chapin (7)   EP Andress (7)   EP Parkland (7)   Alamo Heights (7)   EP Del Valle (6)   Lake Travis (6)   CC Ray (6)   CC Flour Bluff (6)   Canyon (6)  [u][b] Stephenville (6)[/b][/u]   Brenham (6)
[/quote]

Thank for the post...very interesting.

We've only missed the playoffs once since 1989 (6-4 in 2003)

[u]Record since 1989[/u]
Win: 214
Loss: 47

[size=12pt]The team Brenham drew is Manor 2-8 from 17-4A.... yep that is a correct stat 2-8! Here are the standings for that district....  You can also tell they do not like playing away from Home..... Kyle Lehman has a better overall record but didn't well in District....

Standings                 Overall           District             Home               Away
                             W  L    PCT      W L    PCT     W  L    PCT        W  L    PCT
Del Valle                 9   1  0.900      5  0  1.000     5  0  1.000       4  1   0.800
Buda Hays               4   6   0.400     4  1  0.800     3  2  0.600       1  4   0.200
Lockhart                  5   5   0.500     2  3  0.400     3  2  0.600       2  3   0.400
[b]Manor                        2   8   0.200      2  3  0.400      2  3  0.400        0  5   0.000 [/b]
Kyle Lehman            5   5   0.500     1  4   0.200    4  2   0.667      1  3   0.250
Elgin                       2   8   0.200     1  4   0.200    2  3  0.400       0  5   0.000 [/size]

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="705078" timestamp="1258048888"]
[size=12pt]The team Brenham drew is Manor 2-8 from 17-4A.... yep that is a correct stat 2-8! Here are the standings for that district....  You can also tell they do not like playing away from Home..... Kyle Lehman has a better overall record but didn't well in District....

Standings                 Overall           District             Home               Away
                             W  L    PCT      W L    PCT     W  L    PCT        W  L    PCT
Del Valle                 9   1  0.900      5  0  1.000     5  0  1.000       4  1   0.800
Buda Hays               4   6   0.400     4  1  0.800     3  2  0.600       1  4   0.200
Lockhart                  5   5   0.500     2  3  0.400     3  2  0.600       2  3   0.400
[b]Manor                        2   8   0.200      2  3  0.400      2  3  0.400        0  5   0.000 [/b]
Kyle Lehman            5   5   0.500     1  4   0.200    4  2   0.667      1  3   0.250
Elgin                       2   8   0.200     1  4   0.200    2  3  0.400       0  5   0.000 [/size]

[/quote]

And 19-4A is a weak district??

This is a email I wrote to DCTF about the 4A Division 2 bracket of Jerry Forrest

I got no problem with you guys having people make bad picks for the high school playoffs but at least tell Jerry Forrest to look over his 4A Division 2 pick before he sends them out.  He has Lake Dallas beating Aledo in the Region 1 Quarter finals but some how Aledo ends up winning the State Title in 4A division 2 in his picks!!!  You guys need to go over his work before you guys publish it because not only does he look dumb in this situation but you guys as well for publishing it!!  This may not be the case all over the state but I know in Southeast Texas your magazine has lost a lot of credibility in the area because of the lack of research or just not caring about the region but everyone at the magazine is quick to dismiss all the local teams or not even give them a first look.  In my personal opinion I have lost a lot of respect for DCTF for the fact that it seems a lot of the writers do not leave the DFW area or only follow their favorite team.  Right the ship or you guys will lose a really good fan base over here.

[quote name="Javelina" post="705210" timestamp="1258059851"]
This is a email I wrote to DCTF about the 4A Division 2 bracket of Jerry Forrest

I got no problem with you guys having people make bad picks for the high school playoffs but at least tell Jerry Forrest to look over his 4A Division 2 pick before he sends them out.  He has Lake Dallas beating Aledo in the Region 1 Quarter finals but some how Aledo ends up winning the State Title in 4A division 2 in his picks!!!  You guys need to go over his work before you guys publish it because not only does he look dumb in this situation but you guys as well for publishing it!!  This may not be the case all over the state but I know in Southeast Texas your magazine has lost a lot of credibility in the area because of the lack of research or just not caring about the region but everyone at the magazine is quick to dismiss all the local teams or not even give them a first look.  In my personal opinion I have lost a lot of respect for DCTF for the fact that it seems a lot of the writers do not leave the DFW area or only follow their favorite team.  Right the ship or you guys will lose a really good fan base over here.
[/quote]

Great job!!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder