scrimmages this week?

no-look

Guest stevenash
[quote name="hjhawks" post="705462" timestamp="1258076826"]
The HJ / Kountze scrimmage looked like a track meet!!!!!  Kountze has 2 really good players.  HJ will be fine once the football players get their wind and legs underneath them.  Ricossa looked good tonight.  It was tied with 3 minutes to go vs. kountze when I left.
[/quote]

Kountze 75  hj 70  Kountze had 1 starter fresh from football  HJ had three

Ah, thank goodness, basketball's back!

Kountze looked athletic AND talented last night.  The Lions even have a bench.  I hope they'll win state this year-- looks like a possibility.

I thought my HJ Hawks would be down a little bit this year, after losing our Killer Bs; now I'm not so sure.  I saw Gus getting his basketball legs back during the scrimmages; he's going to be very good this year at the point.  Grayson hits a very high percentage of his threes, in transition and in sets, and there are several ways the Hawks can collapse defenses to kick it out to him.  Jacoby is going to be fantastic, of course, the tip of the spear.  Ricossa is, IMHO, the best center in 21-3A-- Rico was running the floor very well last night.  Then we have a committee of capable wings and back-ups, good character guys who will work hard for the team.  Our coaches are the best, period.  Overall, I  think HJ will be very good.  To get back to Austin for the third time in four years, HJ will have to play smart, leave it all on the court, get the Hawk Hecklers dialed up to 11, and hit some free throws.  I think we can do all those things.  It will be great fun to see how this season goes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder