** Looking for Lumberton **

Guest KHS 89

Guest airitout123
[quote name="KHS 89" post="700253" timestamp="1257572122"]
Where are the new "little darlings" of 20-4A? The ones that were going to steam roll through the district this year.... the ones that don't get any respect... the ones that beat PN-G at home last year......     

Oh yeah....  they didn't make the play offs. 

WOW...  I'm shocked.
[/quote]

Wow. Someone willing to say what everyone is thinking.

They're watching game film and preparing for next year (ha). Don't worry about the Raiders. They'll be back. Just ask PN-G. 3-7 last year and 10-0 this season. You win some. You lose some. The trick is to not let it get to you and bounce back. Hopefully, two years of confidence building can keep the Raiders thinking positive. I'm just proud of any kid who puts forth the effort and time it takes to play high school sports, whether he/she be a Raider/Indian/Bullodg, etc. Keep your heads up Raiders!!!

Where are the new "little darlings" of 20-4A? The ones that were going to steam roll through the district this year.... the ones that don't get any respect... the ones that beat PN-G at home last year......     

WOW...  I'm shocked.
[/quote]

What doe KHS stand for?

[quote name="LR1969" post="700310" timestamp="1257572811"]
They're watching game film and preparing for next year (ha). Don't worry about the Raiders. They'll be back. Just ask PN-G. 3-7 last year and 10-0 this season. You win some. You lose some. The trick is to not let it get to you and bounce back. Hopefully, two years of confidence building can keep the Raiders thinking positive. I'm just proud of any kid who puts forth the effort and time it takes to play high school sports, whether he/she be a Raider/Indian/Bullodg, etc. Keep your heads up Raiders!!!
[/quote]

Way to keep it classy. If I knew how to rep, you would get one from me.

They will be back next year. I know they had 7 or 8 soph. 14 or so juniors on this years team. only losing 14
seniors with only 7 or 8 playing. they will have good numbers coming back. The entire offensive backfield
will be back, half of the recievers, half of the O line,3 D linemen,2 LB and 2 defensive backfield. And a good group of
talented freshman.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="700314" timestamp="1257572891"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=62013.msg700253#msg700253 date=1257572122]

WOW...  I'm shocked.
[/quote]

What doe [size=12pt]KHS[/size] stand for?
[/quote]

If it stands for Kountze High School . . . when was the last time ya'll went to the playoffs or (had a good team). . .
worry about your own teams problems!!!!! If your going to talk trash make sure your own team is good  ;)

[quote name="slick74" post="700469" timestamp="1257577631"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=62013.msg700314#msg700314 date=1257572891]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=62013.msg700253#msg700253 date=1257572122]

WOW...  I'm shocked.
[/quote]

What doe [size=12pt]KHS[/size] stand for?
[/quote]

[b]If it stands for Kountze High School[/b] . . . when was the last time ya'll went to the playoffs or (had a good team). . .
worry about your own teams problems!!!!! If your going to talk trash make sure your own team is good  ;)
[/quote]

Um..  no it doesn't.

What....  no LTrain in playoffs?

Oh my!
[/quote]

The L-Train got derailed last night by an injury depleted team that just wanted it more. They played a great game they just came up short. Some of their fans may be on the boarder, but you can't question the team effort last night. The Dogs just would not give up even when several players had to come out of the game, the bench stepped up and kept taking it to Lumberton.

[quote name="etbu" post="700567" timestamp="1257603360"]
I asked the same thing last night and kid does not have the stones to talk.. Shut your KHS unless you come out of your closet.
[/quote]

Not sure why it matters... but  Kingwood.

There.  I "came out of my closet".  Didn't realize you were looking for a date.  ;)

Lumberton's program has come along way, but they catch grief when they open the season with all the hype and "district champion/dynasty" talk...this is exactly what people mean when they tell you to win for more than 2 seasons before you start talkin trash...2 good seasons do not a dynasty or top flight program make.

Their kids do play extremely hard and with their growth, I am sure they will have some more good seasons ahead, but maybe now you guys can appreciate how difficult it is to be in the mix year after year like the Nederland, PNGs, and Centrals of the world are...i think this makes 13/14 years now for Neumann and company...that is pretty impressive IMO, none moreso than this year.

To put it all into perspective, I woke up this morning thinking about this season.  We ended up 5-5 for the year.  Prior to the 2007 season, Lumberton fans would have been thankful for a 5-5 record.  Those guys played hard all year but didn't have the breaks go their way.

They are a young team and should be the pre-season favorite coming into next season.  The L-train will be back!

Lumberton had a good year. When you play the last game of the season and still have a shot at the playoffs, it can't be that bad. Three of their five district losses were by a touchdown or less. A single play could have turned any of those games around.

The main thing is, they were very competitive. It is not like they were blown out for five games. Except for the PNG game, Lumberton was in every game until the last tick of the clock.

[quote name="tvc184" post="700851" timestamp="1257622580"]
Lumberton had a good year. When you play the last game of the season and still have a shot at the playoffs, it can't be that bad. Three of their five district losses were by a touchdown or less. A single play could have turned any of those games around.

The main thing is, they were very competitive. It is not like they were blown out for five games. Except for the PNG game, Lumberton was in every game until the last tick of the clock.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. keep your head held high boys you will be back. . .  ;)

Look at it this way. If Lumberton was in 19-4A they may be in the playoffs. BH is in with a 5-5 record and the L-train beat the Eagles!  Oh wait..... i forgot! 20-4A is a weak district. What was I thinking!

Seriously, 20-4A was tough across the board this year. I said at the beginning of the season, a couple of good teams will have to stay home come playoff time. Lumberton is one of those good teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami