LaMarque Coach In Trouble?

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="697866" timestamp="1257438450"]
Thats not to surprising.   How many head coaches will that make for them in the past 8 years?  They have lots more problems going on in LaMarque than wins/losses.  I don't know who would want to take that job.
[/quote]

Two years ago it was one of the premier jobs in the state. Gone are the days of LaMarque being considered a title contender each year. It seems like just yesterday that we had the Coog fans on this site crowing that LM would always be there in the thick of things. No playoffs? Losing seasons? Such is life in football. Get you a good coach and make the playoffs a few years and think you are invincible. The coach moves on and it is a toss of the dice if you get a good one to replace him.

[quote name="tvc184" post="697944" timestamp="1257442538"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61888.msg697866#msg697866 date=1257438450]
Thats not to surprising.   How many head coaches will that make for them in the past 8 years?  They have lots more problems going on in LaMarque than wins/losses.  I don't know who would want to take that job.
[/quote]

Two years ago it was one of the premier jobs in the state. Gone are the days of LaMarque being considered a title contender each year. It seems like just yesterday that we had the Coog fans on this site crowing that LM would always be there in the thick of things. No playoffs? Losing seasons? Such is life in football. [b]Get you a good coach and make the playoffs a few years and think you are invincible.[/b] The coach moves on and it is a toss of the dice if you get a good one to replace him.
[/quote]

In LM's defense... they did a little more than that.

9 SC appearances - 5 titles - in like 12 years - under 3 different coaches.

[quote name="dayton" post="697946" timestamp="1257442690"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=61888.msg697944#msg697944 date=1257442538]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61888.msg697866#msg697866 date=1257438450]
[/quote]

Two years ago it was one of the premier jobs in the state. Gone are the days of LaMarque being considered a title contender each year. It seems like just yesterday that we had the Coog fans on this site crowing that LM would always be there in the thick of things. No playoffs? Losing seasons? Such is life in football. [b]Get you a good coach and make the playoffs a few years and think you are invincible.[/b] The coach moves on and it is a toss of the dice if you get a good one to replace him.
[/quote]

In LM's defense... they did a little more than that.

9 SC appearances - 5 titles - in like 12 years - under 3 different coaches.
[/quote]

So they had three good coaches and some talent during those same years.

What was Nederland before Larry Neumann or Dayton before Jerry Stewart?

[quote name="dayton" post="697956" timestamp="1257443450"]
I see what you're saying... but it seems that winning typically breeds winning. That type of run to me exceeds just talent and coaching.

Anywho.... I think he deserves another year to right the ship.
[/quote]

I think you are correct about the winning breeds winning. A lot more kids come out for the team and generally play with more enthusiasm in my opinion. When you think you are supposed to win, everyone wants to be a part of it and they play like it. Get a few years of losing under your belt and some of that goes away.

[quote name="tvc184" post="697980" timestamp="1257444409"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=61888.msg697956#msg697956 date=1257443450]
I see what you're saying... but it seems that winning typically breeds winning. That type of run to me exceeds just talent and coaching.

Anywho.... I think he deserves another year to right the ship.
[/quote]

I think you are correct about the winning breeds winning. A lot more kids come out for the team and generally play with more enthusiasm in my opinion. When you think you are supposed to win, everyone wants to be a part of it and they play like it. Get a few years of losing under your belt and some of that goes away.
[/quote]

yep... true

From everything I've heard in the past 6-7 years is that LaMarque not only has major race relations issues, but they have a group of well-known businessmen/alumni that sit around stirring the pot.  They don't let the coaches do their jobs, instead they go around constantly second guessing everything, starting rumors, and turning the kids against the coaches are trying to do.  Its politics at its worst.  

LaMarque was spoiled in the 90's under Waddell and Walker, and expect every season to be an undefeated season and a state championship season.  Its not gonna happen.  New coaches should be given their due time (3-4 years) to implement their system, and one bad season shouldn't kick them out of town.  In this case I know its been 2 seasons, but go back and look at the last few coaches.  If I remember correctly, one guy was hired in the winter or spring and left before his first football season there because crap is so bad.

Like I said, with the politics going on, and the unreasonable expectations, who would want that job.

If LaMarque is going to give coaches just 2 years to make something happen they will be dealing with this type of situation for a long time.  Their few good seasons then will be limited to years when the talent level is extraordinary.  If politics is also running rampant, even great coaching can't help them.

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="698015" timestamp="1257445504"]
From everything I've heard in the past 6-7 years is that LaMarque not only has major race relations issues, but they have a group of well-known businessmen/alumni that sit around stirring the pot.  They don't let the coaches do their jobs, instead they go around constantly second guessing everything, starting rumors, and turning the kids against the coaches are trying to do.  Its politics at its worst.  

LaMarque was spoiled in the 90's under Waddell and Walker, and expect every season to be an undefeated season and a state championship season.  Its not gonna happen.  New coaches should be given their due time (3-4 years) to implement their system, and one bad season shouldn't kick them out of town.  In this case I know its been 2 seasons, but go back and look at the last few coaches.  If I remember correctly, one guy was hired in the winter or spring and left before his first football season there because crap is so bad.

Like I said, with the politics going on, and the unreasonable expectations, who would want that job.
[/quote]

Sounds like some of the Barbers Hill Fans.....  Go to the PNG/BH thread or forthat matter any BH thread and see how they question everything.

LaMarque will be back .....just give them time.....

[quote name="BHFAN" post="698013" timestamp="1257445434"]
Heck he can come to Barbers Hill we will let him fail for many years before his job would be in question ;D
[/quote]Let's flip a coin............Hamshire Fannett or Barbers Hill with the stipulation that he doesn't visit your campus during the process ;D

This is another case of letting the wrong one get away.  Lydell Wilson of Lamar Consolidated was in the running when they got the other coach from Refugio that didn't last 1 year.  I know LC is struggling right now but just like PA made the mistake in letting Suggs go, LM did the same in not hiring Wilson......

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="698138" timestamp="1257451507"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=61888.msg698027#msg698027 date=1257445783]
arent they dropping to 3A next year?
[/quote] Yes.
[/quote]

Uh oh, Silsbee is going to have some competition next year.

[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="698060" timestamp="1257446924"]
[quote author=BoboandBlair link=topic=61888.msg698015#msg698015 date=1257445504]

[/quote]

Sounds like some of the Barbers Hill Fans.....   Go to the PNG/BH thread or forthat matter any BH thread and see how they question everything.

LaMarque will be back .....just give them time.....
[/quote]

Hey Genius our questioning is about the last 10 years not 2. Do some research

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="698293" timestamp="1257464469"]
What are the 3A numbers going to be?  Its hard to believe that LaMarque might be 3A.  In 2007 they turned in 1128 students.  The LaMarque school enrollment is dropping faster than the WOS enrollment.  Must be a teastament of the quality of education, or lack thereof.
[/quote]

And also Ike knocked alot of people from that area.  GBall is rumored to drop to 4A and I look for Texas City's numbers to be lower also.  Hitcock, Santa Fe--areas south of Dickinson were hit hard by Ike....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124