I'm really looking forward to Thursday/Saturday games in Beaumont

PNG1992

Driving home from Houston today I noticed the new BISD Stadium going up off 10. They already had one side of of the stands pretty much standing and it looks really nice. I have no doubt itll be an awesome stadium and a popular playoff destination for many local teams.

The problem I have is the money being spent on this stadium could have been divided up to upgrade Durley, Zaharias and still probably had enough left over to build a suitable nice on campus stadium for Ozen. I for one am NOT looking forward to a Thursday night showdown with Ozen or Central in the coming seasons. The on campus stadiums work and give the teams a distinct home field advantage.

Just think if Beaumont keeps growing and a rumored 4th HS ever opens within the next decade......talk about crap hitting the fan then, double headers being played on Saturdays.

Gonna be awesome!!!

Well guess what, it's not your problem.  I'm so glad BISD majority passed the bond because it will benefit all students of Beaumont.  One of the few Majority/Minority districts with first class facilities.  I don't mind my house note going up because at the end of the day, it's for the kids.....

[quote name="akifan94" post="697285" timestamp="1257379573"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=61865.msg697279#msg697279 date=1257379034]
Well guess what, it's not your problem.  I'm so glad BISD majority passed the bond because it will benefit all students of Beaumont.  One of the few Majority/Minority districts with first class facilities.  I don't mind my house note going up because at the end of the day, it's for the kids.....
[/quote]

You love running your mouth and being and  to mid-county people don't you. I don't see how someone can live with so much hate.
[/quote]

Well I will be that name you call me all day long.  Ever so often, you guys, the and the Bmt papers/media have nothing but negative things to say about Dr. Thomas and the new Stadium and how much this and how much that.  Simply put:  If you live inside BISD, move.  Otherwise STFU and let the whole of Beaumont enjoy the new facilities being built.  No one outside Goose Creek complains about the location of Stallworth and how all 3 GCCISD schools have to drive.  No one complains about Humble's or Fort Bends' or Cypress-Fairbanks stadiums and how all their schools have to drive kids there(for the exception of Humble High).  So be happy for PNG's stadium and we'll be happy with Beaumont's.....

I think you need to quit taking your kids Ritalin and chill out a bit.  If BISD wants to build a nice facility for the district, I think that is great.  Lets face it, BISD could use a new, updated facility.  There is no reason not to build it  This worked in PAISD for several years before the merger.  However, if you are going to build a new facility, why would you design it to only hold 10K people (that is what I heard, not sure if it is true.)

Also, has anyone considered the cost of transporting the teams, cheerleaders, band etc. to a facility for all 3 teams each week?  Just a thought. 

[quote name="Shea9840" post="697304" timestamp="1257380850"]
I think you need to quit taking your kids Ritalin and chill out a bit.  If BISD wants to build a nice facility for the district, I think that is great.  Lets face it, BISD could use a new, updated facility.  There is no reason not to build it  This worked in PAISD for several years before the merger.  However, if you are going to build a new facility, why would you design it to only hold 10K people (that is what I heard, not sure if it is true.)

Also, has anyone considered the cost of transporting the teams, cheerleaders, band etc. to a facility for all 3 teams each week?  Just a thought. 

[/quote]

If you're reffering to me taking Head Meds, that's a MC phenomina.

Now like I said earlier, if you travel around a bit, you can see with your own eyes they number if ISD's with stadiums that don't sit on the backyards of their respected schools.  Why would somebody wonder, worry, complain about the money BISD spends on transpartation and they don't live in the district???

[quote name="SFA85" post="697306" timestamp="1257381078"]
[quote author=Shea9840 link=topic=61865.msg697304#msg697304 date=1257380850]

[/quote]

[b]If you're reffering to me taking Head Meds, that's a MC phenomina.[/b]

Now like I said earlier, if you travel around a bit, you can see with your own eyes they number if ISD's with stadiums that don't sit on the backyards of their respected schools.  Why would somebody wonder, worry, complain about the money BISD spends on transpartation and they don't live in the district???
[/quote]

oh the hypocrisy.

I could care less about the stadium, but I did not look forward to 2:00 games on Saturday in PA.

Maybe because we actually care about spending money on what schools are for.  EDUCATING THE KIDS.  If BISD blows all their money (not saying that they are)and do not do their job, then I (we) will be taking care of another generation of uneducated, uninspired Americans through my taxes.

Don't worry though...Obama will fix everything.

[quote name="Shea9840" post="697315" timestamp="1257381535"]
Maybe because we actually care about spending money on what schools are for.  EDUCATING THE KIDS.  If BISD blows all their money (not saying that they are)and do not do their job, then I (we) will be taking care of another generation of uneducated, uninspired Americans through my taxes.

Don't worry though...Obama will fix everything.
[/quote]

All politics are local.  If you don't like it, leave, move, or get out of the way.  BISD is a recognized district with Central and South Park leading the way.  I know how you people put stock in standardized test scores so again, if you don't like the way BISD 'blows' it's money, move.....

You must be one of those living off my taxes.  Did I buy your computer too?  Did I feed you kids also?

Come on man.  If you really believe what your posts say, then you are an ignorant fool.  If you are posting to try to get a rise out of people, then job well done.  

Either way, it really makes no difference because you obviously are a closed minded individual that does not want to even consider another point of view.

I am glad that Beaumont is getting this new facility for their schools. I do question why the stadium is only going to have a 10,500 seat capacity. I mean Silsbee's Tiger Stadium has a capacity of 10,000. I would have thought this new stadium would have at least been 13,000-15,000 capacity.

[quote name="Shea9840" post="697325" timestamp="1257382070"]
You must be one of those living off my taxes.  Did I buy your computer too?  Did I feed you kids also?

Come on man.  If you really believe what your posts say, they you are an ignorant fool.  If you are posting to try to get a rise out of people, then job well done.  

Either way, it really makes no difference because you obviously are a closed minded individual that does not want to even consider another point of view.
[/quote]

Don't assume anybody who tell's you to pack your sh*t and leave lives off the govt.  I work, pay taxes, and everything else American. The other point of view was in full force over the last 60 or plus years and now those old building s and facilities are being replaces with shiny new ones.  And again, I'm proud that my daughter doesn't have to sit in portables anymore and I'm glad to see new schools being build both in PA and BMT that benefit all the kids.....

[quote name="PNGFan" post="697322" timestamp="1257381891"]
Who cares if BISD only builds a 10k stadium. They will not fill half of the side because it cost to get in. The only time there will be any crowd is when they play a Mid County team.
[/quote]
I am sure the school board could subsidize tickets for their fans.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="697330" timestamp="1257382239"]
I am glad that Beaumont is getting this new facility for their schools. I do question why the stadium is only going to have a 10,500 seat capacity. I mean Silsbee's Tiger Stadium has a capacity of 10,000. I would have thought this new stadium would have at least been 13,000-15,000 capacity.
[/quote]

Why?? The won't fill it.................Silsbee has a larger following then BISD.

[quote name="SFA85" post="697335" timestamp="1257382330"]
[quote author=Shea9840 link=topic=61865.msg697325#msg697325 date=1257382070]

Come on man.  If you really believe what your posts say, they you are an ignorant fool.  If you are posting to try to get a rise out of people, then job well done.  

[/quote]

Don't assume anybody who tell's you to pack your sh*t and leave lives off the govt.  I work, pay taxes, and everything else American. The other point of view was in full force over the last 60 or plus years and now those old building s and facilities are being replaces with shiny new ones.  And again, I'm proud that my daughter doesn't have to sit in portables anymore and I'm glad to see new schools being build both in PA and BMT that benefit all the kids.....
[/quote]
That is the first post of yours I agree with.  I totally support new schools, getting kids out of portables, adding teachers to reduce class size.  These are the things that actually benefit all of the BISD students!  Raise my taxes every years if they are improving educational facilities.

[quote name="SFA85" post="697279" timestamp="1257379034"]
Well guess what, it's not your problem.  I'm so glad BISD majority passed the bond because it will benefit all students of Beaumont.  One of the few Majority/Minority districts with first class facilities.  I don't mind my house note going up because at the end of the day, it's for the kids.....
[/quote]

Having to watch my favorite team play Varsity football game on a Thursday night or a Saturday day would be my problem.

I'm not dogging the stadium heck I voted for the PNGISD bond to pass. I know it will be a nice facility and i'd be proud of it. My argument was for the amount of money being spent on that complex BISD could have extremely upgraded the two existing stadiums and probably built a suitable on campus stadium for Ozen. Varsity football games are meant to be played on Friday Nights.

[quote name="PNG1992" post="697211" timestamp="1257373974"]
Driving home from Houston today I noticed the new BISD Stadium going up off 10. They already had one side of of the stands pretty much standing and it looks really nice. I have no doubt itll be an awesome stadium and a popular playoff destination for many local teams.

The problem I have is the money being spent on this stadium could have been divided up to upgrade Durley, Zaharias and still probably had enough left over to build a suitable nice on campus stadium for Ozen. I for one am NOT looking forward to a Thursday night showdown with Ozen or Central in the coming seasons. The on campus stadiums work and give the teams a distinct home field advantage.

Just think if Beaumont keeps growing and a rumored 4th HS ever opens within the next decade......talk about crap hitting the fan then, double headers being played on Saturdays.

Gonna be awesome!!!  If you dont want to an game play on Saturday, then stay at home and take a nap. Stop your whining! you all whines too much.
[/quote]

[quote name="mamajag" post="697668" timestamp="1257424186"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=61865.msg697211#msg697211 date=1257373974]

Gonna be awesome!!!  If you dont want to an game play on Saturday, then stay at home and take a nap. Stop your whining! you all whines too much.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I whines too much??  I know the new stadium will be awesome. I am a stadium nut and honestly cant wait to see a ballgame in it. Sorry mama its not really a whine its just I just prefer Friday Night Lights, thats all.

Plus, Durley and Zaharias could have probably been upgraded to state of the art facilities for what they are spending on the new digs.

What I dont understand is why someone from PNG or any other town besides BMT really gives a crap how much the new stadium costs. If you dont like it dont go you wont be missed.

And to the statement about subsidizing ticket costs that may be the winner of the dumbest thing I have ever read on the net.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="PNGFan" post="697337" timestamp="1257382398"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=61865.msg697330#msg697330 date=1257382239]
[/quote]

Why?? The won't fill it.................Silsbee has a larger following then BISD.
[/quote]

I seems the biggest problem is having a stadium too small to host the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs. However, schools may opt to use Lamar University again if they are putting $$$ into their facilities.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• To clarify, Dems love wars. They rage daily in the bluest of blue inner citicis. Chicago had 39 shootings over the weekend, 9 dead. Warzone. Baltimore, Memphis, Detroit, etc. I am sure was just as bloody. The blue body count rises daily. I am sure the blue defunding of police and releasing murders without any bail have nothing to do with it. Right?   
    • Will probably be released by the Democrats come September.  Sound familiar?
    • Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
  • Topics