Will Coldspring do it?

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="696884" timestamp="1257355709"]
I agree. The Dc at Coldspring is the former header at Orangefield and I know for a fact that he wants a crack at WOS.
[/quote]

Well, he would have had that this weekend if he would have stayed, wouldn't he?

I don't think that there is a chance that a Barbay would go anything but full blast.  I know I have seen it many times where this happens in the pros, only to see the team taking it easy completely lose their momentum and be the victim of a one and done. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="697406" timestamp="1257386087"]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=61833.msg696884#msg696884 date=1257355709]
I agree. The Dc at Coldspring is the former header at Orangefield and I know for a fact that he wants a crack at WOS.
[/quote]

Well, he would have had that this weekend if he would have stayed, wouldn't he?
[/quote]
Don't think he had much choice in that matter!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="697408" timestamp="1257386347"]
I don't think that there is a chance that a Barbay would go anything but full blast.  I know I have seen it many times where this happens in the pros, only to see the team taking it easy completely lose their momentum and be the victim of a one and done. 
[/quote]

To the contrary, it happens every year in the pros. When a team is playing a meaningless game. The pivotal players MAY play the first qtr. This happens EVERY year. There have been times when it has come back to bite them, but it is the exception and not the rule. Again, I don't think Barbay will do it. But comparing it to the pros isn't a good idea because that is done every year. You should be in the middle of a fantasy playoff and have your stud players sit on the day of your superbowl (which is usually week 16 or 17)... SUX!!!!

Lets be real here.I'm a big wo-s fan and wish them the best in the playoffs but I have seen no reason why a team would want to evade the Mustangs this year.The playing field is pretty even this year and the Stangs will have to really step it up to continue from here on out.

Should Coldsprings decide not to risk and lose to Liberty well them silent fans will pour onto this thread like ants after grits.The problem ahead for the ants is;The grits thought to be ant eggs are gathered up quickly taken back down into the mound & the queen eats her weight in grits then all the workers gobble up the buffet only to literally explode from inside out as the grits swell 5 times their size w/moisture and the mound is no more.This deterrant works ya'll try it. ;)

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="696884" timestamp="1257355709"]
[/quote]

right... looking at his track record against wos hes no defensive guru! be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

as for wos, i hope we find a little heart before the playoffs start! otherwise,regardless of who we play, we could be one and done!

This is some good conversation. I like the differing opinion's. One thing I might add, or maybe, get clear. If he doesn't start some of his starters, that doesn't equate to "throwing" the game. There is no way that Barbay would intentionally lose the game. If he does play the backups, he's still going to try to win.

One more point, if he loses Chad Allen to injury, he will not win either playoff game...

If it were me...your dang right I'd throw the game..LOL I would much rather face BC than WOS...HOWEVER..I'm not the coach, and I know Barbay well, and I can assure you he will not throw the game. He would rather face the challenge of WOS. I think this year CS can beat WOS...and to whoever said they wouldnt beat BC...What are you smoking? Coldspring is a good team, better than BC, and would send you guys packing! JMO! Barbay is going to play to win..just like his Dad. No backing down!

We still miss Barbay, and would love to have him back in Kville!!! Coldspring is very lucky to have such as great coach!!! We'll be cheering them on through the playoff season!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami