The 23A Championship Game

The stage is set and so are the teams.

Friday night on the Battlefield in Evadale the 7-2, 6-0 in district Colmesneil Bulldogs and the 9-0, 6-0 in district Evadale Rebels will decide the 23A district championship.

All the comparisions and stats will be discussed and for some cussed this week. The Rebels are a game away from fulfilling the preseason hype for a second consecutive championship and the Bulldogs are the only thing that stands in their way.

The debate this week will be about the speed of the Bulldogs and can the Rebels slow them down? I of course believe that the Rebels have what it takes and that while it will be a good, even close game that in the end the Rebels will take care of business.

Both teams are heading for the playoffs and being in the different divisions they could not meet up after this game. I wish the Bulldogs success in the playoffs as I do the Bobcats from HD. I know that this has been a hard fought season and all the team can be proud of the effort they have put out this year. This will be a season that will be looked back on for plenty of drama and some great story lines. SP and HI have done a terrific job once again putting the pieces back together after a hurricane. Burkeville under Coach Harper is climbing back into contention and playing more like the Mustangs of old. Chester will remember the courage of a team outnumbered but never out classed. The Oilers have built a great defense and found new offensive leadership that will carry them for years to come.The HD Bobcats continue to make the playoffs year in and year out. Colmesneil has climed to the top of the district and will make it into the playoffs as a solid team and maybe even as a district champion.

Congratulations to 23A, all the teams, coaches, players, bands, cheerleaders, parents and fans. We won't have the chance to be together in one district possibly ever again. It's been real, it's been fun and yea, it's been real fun!

Go Rebels one more game for a season to remember. Then on to the playoffs. 

I tried my hardest last night to get Coach Davis and Coach Williams to move this game to Saturday so that we could broadcast this game but they said no. I would have really enjoyed broadcasting this game but I respect their decisions and totally understand them.

Hopefully we can grab a playoff game for both teams later in the year.

Good luck to both teams Friday night!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="693385" timestamp="1257085581"]
I tried my hardest last night to get Coach Davis and Coach Williams to move this game to Saturday so that we could broadcast this game but they said no. I would have really enjoyed broadcasting this game but I respect their decisions and totally understand them.

Hopefully we can grab a playoff game for both teams later in the year.

Good luck to both teams Friday night!!
[/quote]

Thanks Aggies for the try.
I know most coaches really don't like playing on Saturday and especially changing the date and all the things that go into having a game.

I know coaches get into a routine from scouting, film work and game planning and it fits better with the game being on Friday. It would be nice to have the game broadcast, but it just did not work out this time.

Good luck to all the teams going into the final week of the season. As always it has been fun to watch, see the highlights, talk the trash and such about  high school football, Texas style! To those concluding their seasons congratulations on another exciting year, to all seniors hope that it was a memorable season. Get the courts warmed up because sooner or later all the schools will be joining you on the hardwood for another great basketball season. To those heading into the playoffs, may you be injury free and represent well your district and all of SETX.

Hopefully one or more of our teams can bring home some hardware this year!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder