Central Shunned in Media!

What's up with Central and the 2 local papers?  Neither PA News NOR Bmt. Ent. had ANY article on the Central game.  The ONLY mention was in the area roundups, where all of the score were posted for all local teams.  AND.....not only did they omit Central altogether, but they had a huge color pic of PNG on the cover of the Sports Section, and another inside.
What sux is most games, the Bmt paper has very little, if anything at all, about PNG sports, but as soon as we start kicking booty, they jump on the bandwagon, because they know it will sell more papers.  It's strange that they totally abandoned Central in the process.

Oh, BTW,  nice article about Silsbee too!  :o

IMO I don't think the Enterprise cares about high school football.  It is almost playoff time and you get 2 pages on it.  You used to get 3 or 4 pages every sat years ago.  Looked in the paper today to see if they had anything about the Buna and Hardin game and all they got was a final score on the front page not even a game summary.  I will never by the enterprise again!!!!

Guest HFGirlsSportsFan
Newspapers are a dying breed.  News can be found much more quickly and efficiently on the internet or TV.  Havn't you noticed how thin the Enterprise is lately.  Circulation is down as well as advertising revenues.  Less reporters on staff.  Hard to cover high school sports under those circumstances.  I think I was listening to a news article on NPR and they quoted Warren Buffet as saying the only kind of company he wouldn't invest in is printed media. 

Guest ~old_wildcat~
Believe Me We Know The Feeling Up Here In The Piney Woods..(kirbyville)...Way Back In The 70's They Treated Us Like A Red Headed Step-Child At A Family Reunion..I Remember One Year Back Then We Won A Ball Game 54-0...The Enterprise Said We "Squeezed"By Them.. :D The Next Week We Got Beat 6 Points The Enterprise Said "Kirbyville Mauled 6-0"...Been There...Really We Are Still There...So Now I Just Buy The Kirbyville Banner,At Least I Know The People They Talk About.. ;D

No excuse for the lack of reporting on Central, they are a good team, have represented our district and their city well. Bmt. Enterprise should be ashamed, these kids work their butts off and deserve respect win or lose.

See ya'll next Friday, lets hope for no injuries, good sportsmanship and a good game. Golden Triangle sports are the best!

Depending on what games a paper deems important, they send their limited reporters out. When I was the statistician at Ozen for coaches Louis and Brooks, many times i was also covering the game for the PA News and Bob West. They would pay me 25 bucks to call in stats and sometimes 50 if they wanted me to give them a story of the game so they could write up a story. Once this year because WOS played all the way over at Brookshire, I called in the game story and stats to Van at the Orange Leader. They were not going to send someone that far when there were games much closer that were also important. If Central had someone like that, I am sure the Enterprise would have welcomed someone covering the game for them. I am very lucky to have a computer program that really helps me keep very accurate stats and the play by play of the game to be able to call in a game. It's not as easy as you may think. I've been doing it since 1992 starting at West Brook. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124