Saturday Scrimmages?

hjhawks

[quote name="hjhawks" post="692604" timestamp="1257018046"]
Did anyone else have scrimmages today?

HJ played a shorthanded LCM team and looked pretty good at times.... Still alot of work to do though..
[/quote]

The HJ/LCM scrimmage I felt was good for both teams.  HJ did look good and have a lot of quality players that fill their varsity roster.  Good height and rebounding from the posts combined with constant pressuring guards. Even though LCM still has 7 varsity players tied up in the volleyball playoffs, it was a great opportunity for this group to get in some quality minutes against a good opponent. 

Nice facilities at HJ!  The gym and campus were spotless!    

I was very impressed with HJ depth, they looked really good. The game against central should be a better test being LCM had so many people out with volleyball. Still the girls played great defense, and there is alot more depth this year than I thought we would have. HJ should have a great year and the future looks bright. ;D

HJ will be fine.I was very impressed last year with the freshman they moved up for the playoffs.I don't know her name but she stepped in and contributed in some crucial playoff settings.You can't teach some of the things this kid can do,it's just the IT factor and she has it.They also return a good little shooter and a very good post player.They will be fun to watch.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="694489" timestamp="1257182194"]
I was very impressed with HJ depth, they looked really good. The game against central should be a better test being LCM had so many people out with volleyball. Still the girls played great defense, and there is alot more depth this year than I thought we would have. HJ should have a great year and the future looks bright. ;D
[/quote]

I know it's just a scrimmage, and there will be some good work obtained, but I think Central takes this one. Go Lady Jags.

I know several kids off the HJ squad, and wish them luck in every game this year, except central.  ;) ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn