Dayton Broncos @ Austin L.B.J. predictions!!!!!!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="696093" timestamp="1257286154"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61626.msg696060#msg696060 date=1257283532]
Goodluck Bronco's! It's alway cool when you get to play teams that you have never or may never play again!
[/quote]
True, true...
New experience and hopefully a learning experience road trip.
Won't hurt at all if the Broncos are able to make it out of Region III and have to make a trip to play the semifinals.
This will be a trip almost identical to the Kerrville game from last year.
[/quote]You talking travel wise or score wise?I really hope you mean travel wise,because they only beat Kerrville by one last year  right? ???

[quote name="octfeb" post="696895" timestamp="1257356374"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=61626.msg696093#msg696093 date=1257286154]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61626.msg696060#msg696060 date=1257283532]
Goodluck Bronco's! It's alway cool when you get to play teams that you have never or may never play again!
[/quote]
True, true...
New experience and hopefully a learning experience road trip.
Won't hurt at all if the Broncos are able to make it out of Region III and have to make a trip to play the semifinals.
This will be a trip almost identical to the Kerrville game from last year.
[/quote]You talking travel wise or score wise?I really hope you mean travel wise,because they only beat Kerrville by one last year   right? ???
[/quote]
Travel wise....
Last years Kerrville game was in Georgetown, not too far from where we are playing.

Done deal Bandgeek.About several hundred attended candlelight vidual at the ballpark on 1008 this evening for Gene Roberts as a massive search from many volunteers,fbi,equisearch,coast guard,sheriffs off.,dayton pd,continue.Community wide support has been outstanding w/churches,groc.stores and organizations pull together w/food,drinks,ice for the volunteers and family.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="695846" timestamp="1257272829"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=61626.msg695061#msg695061 date=1257207189]
anybody going to the game on Saturday, leave your valuables at home.
[/quote]

me and a buddy scouted the LBJ/Reagan game last Fri night...this quote is RIGHT ON!!

BTW, Reagan was probably the worst team I've ever seen play, on a Friday night...so this score isn't indicative of how good LBJ is...

Broncs win with a well conditioned team and out run them...
[/quote]

Mike Honcho,
I saw you guys there in the press box.  We were the two guys on the end to your right.  And you're right, Reagan looked like the Bad News Bears.  When Reagan's O Coordinator started yelling for the flea flicker I almost lost it.

[quote name="liltex" post="697500" timestamp="1257390755"]
Done deal Bandgeek.About several hundred attended candlelight vidual at the ballpark on 1008 this evening for Gene Roberts as a massive search from many volunteers,fbi,equisearch,coast guard,sheriffs off.,dayton pd,continue.Community wide support has been outstanding w/churches,groc.stores and organizations pull together w/food,drinks,ice for the volunteers and family.
[/quote]

Great news liltex!  The doctor was able to remove what blockage there was and no stint was installed!  Thanks for the prayers!

Back to the topic of the game...
BIG TIME TRAFFIC UPDATE!!
I-10 Eastbound will be CLOSED this weekend between I-45 and HWY 59!!!
Don't think this will affect the west bound traffic (going to the football game), but for sure don't go down I-10 past downtown Houston on the way back!

The quickest way to get to Austin from Dayton is to go down HWY 90 and get on I-10 then go to Columbus then take HWY 71 into Austin, the stadium is right off HWY 290 as you get to HWY 183 (on the east side of Austin before I-35).
I would for sure take the HWY 290 route to the game!
Lots of ways to get to HWY 290 from Dayton, go to the Beltway, turn NORTH, follow the BWY around past the airport, over I-45 and then to HWY 290.  If you don't want to pay the toll, after you pass I-45 exit the BWY and stay on the feeder road all the way to HWY 290.
I will try to update my web page with this information...
In summary...
Try to avoid I-10 at downtown Houston this weekend.

Here is a link to the TXDot site about the I-10 closure...
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/construction/construction_report.aspx

From what I heard on the TV this morning...
They have totally redone I-10 all the way from The Trinity River to the Brazos River except for the part of I-10 that goes through downtown (between I-45 and HWY 59).
They are doing the east bound lanes first.
On Monday when they reopen I-10 there will only be ONE!  ONE!  ONE! lane open on this road as it goes under I-45 (currently there are only two).  They said this would take an estimated 90 days.
If you travel through here often...
Talk about a major headache!

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="698649" timestamp="1257510849"]

They have totally redone I-10 all the way from The Trinity River to the Brazos River except for the part of I-10 that goes through downtown (between I-45 and HWY 59).
On Monday when they reopen I-10 there will only be ONE!  ONE!  ONE! lane open on this road as it goes under I-45 (currently there are only two).  They said this would take an estimated 90 days.

[/quote]

Your information is correct..I work in Downtown Houston...get to see it everday. :-[
If you plan to travel Beltway 8 to 290, allow some extra time for there is a lot of construction on Beltway 8, from North of I-10 all the way to HWY 59.
Have a safe trip to Austin and good luck.

[quote name="liltex" post="698440" timestamp="1257476360"]
LBJ was the 08 dist.champ losing out to Lake Travis-In the playoffs again-Great plan by Coach Stewart to evaluate his team outside the regulars on a big road trip.Are they riding ole yeller or going by contract bus?
[/quote]

I am sure it will be Ole Yeller, Stewart put the big [b][size=18pt]X[/size] [/b] on charter buses.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="698761" timestamp="1257519604"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=61626.msg698649#msg698649 date=1257510849]

[/quote]

Your information is correct..I work in Downtown Houston...get to see it everday. :-[
If you plan to travel Beltway 8 to 290, allow some extra time for there is a lot of construction on Beltway 8, from North of I-10 all the way to HWY 59.
Have a safe trip to Austin and good luck.
[/quote]
i agree. i was on that side of town a couple of days ago and its starts backing up around 2 o'clock and it will really be bad on friday with the deer hunting crowd heading to the hill country etc.

[quote name="bronco1" post="698779" timestamp="1257520294"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=61626.msg698440#msg698440 date=1257476360]
LBJ was the 08 dist.champ losing out to Lake Travis-In the playoffs again-Great plan by Coach Stewart to evaluate his team outside the regulars on a big road trip.Are they riding ole yeller or going by contract bus?
[/quote]

I am sure it will be Ole Yeller, Stewart put the big [b][size=18pt]X[/size] [/b] on charter buses.
[/quote] :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="698343" timestamp="1257469997"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=61626.msg695846#msg695846 date=1257272829]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=61626.msg695061#msg695061 date=1257207189]
[/quote]

me and a buddy scouted the LBJ/Reagan game last Fri night...this quote is RIGHT ON!!

BTW, Reagan was probably the worst team I've ever seen play, on a Friday night...so this score isn't indicative of how good LBJ is...

[/quote]

Mike Honcho,
I saw you guys there in the press box.  We were the two guys on the end to your right.  And you're right, Reagan looked like the Bad News Bears.  When Reagan's O Coordinator started yelling for the flea flicker I almost lost it.
[/quote]

I think we were actually to your right, we weren't in Bronco gear...but you're right...I was on stand-by for the Statue of Liberty at any minute!!

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="699032" timestamp="1257535117"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=61626.msg698343#msg698343 date=1257469997]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=61626.msg695846#msg695846 date=1257272829]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mike Honcho,
[/quote]

I think we were actually to your right, we weren't in Bronco gear...but you're right...I was on stand-by for the Statue of Liberty at any minute!!

[/quote]  There was a guy in a Dayton hat along with another guy in the press box, but i guess that wasn't you guys. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124