Dayton Broncos @ Austin L.B.J. predictions!!!!!!

LBJ 48, Reagan 7: The Jaguars have played in plenty of close games this season. This was not one of them. LBJ's rout of the rival Raiders at Nelson Field was the coronation of a second consecutive 4-1 season in 26-4A. The victory also assured the Jaguars (5-3, 4-1) of no worse than a second-place district finish. Reagan remains winless at 0-9, 0-4.

Cameron Brown, who rushed for a game-high 116 yards in the first half, set the tone on LBJ's first drive. After appearing to be stopped for a short gain, the senior tailback powered through a pair of defenders for a 19-yard touchdown. Brown also capped LBJ's second drive, which spanned 99 yards, with a 9-yard run.

As they have the past couple games, quarterbacks John Kavanaugh and Daryl Roberts shared snaps. Starting the game under center, Kavanaugh threw touchdown passes to Damien Campbell and Elijah Cash and also ran for a score. Roberts ran for a second-quarter score.

After their long first-quarter scoring drive, the Jaguars took advantage of good field position in the second quarter. They scored on drives of 31, 26 and 1 yard in the final 5 minutes of the half to take a 41-0 lead into the break. Steve Cannon's fumble recovery set up LBJ's final score of the half, a 1-yard plunge by Campbell.

Reagan was led by quarterback JaQuarius Daniels, who ran for 74 yards and threw a 19-yard touchdown to Joseph Keys in the fourth quarter.

— David

Bronco fans....
Sorry I haven't gotten behind on the videos.
Was really busy all weekend, took all day Saturday to upgrade to windows 7 and Sunday was spent setting up a home network.
Just got through going through the CE King game video.
I now need to narrow down the Galena Park and CE King videos to the highlights only and narrate the big plays with my "AWEsome" voice overs (plus some new sound effects).

Thoughts on the game video...
Moving Jakari to line backer and Andreas to QB was HUGE!
Payton (IMO) is now having more impact (ask #14 from CE King) on the game.
Jakari is a beast on defense making at least six plays or tackles behind the line of scrimmage and ALWAYS able to run down plays going from side line to side line.
Andreas (for a sophomore) is getting better each game and is doing an AWEsome job of getting the ball to a lot of players.  The sophomore receivers are AMAZING!  Things look bright in Bronco land!
I will be updating my web site tomorrow night with directions to the game and for places to eat.
Game time is at 2 PM.
Hopefully Bronco fans will have a spectacular weekend to enjoy Austin (the prettiest state capitol of them all!)
This week of weather is supposed to be immaculate!  Enjoy, hopefully the weather will hold all the way to Saturday.

Aww man its great to be able to travel and watch the Broncos play!. jus like the old days when they played Jasper and Silsbee.. i think this is gonna be a good game and fun for the players to go out and play against someone we've never played!. Would be nice to bring the "W" back to the Houston area too.. Lets Go Bronx!!!

[quote name="dayton" post="694335" timestamp="1257174624"]
http://lbjsports.org/

some big kids on the roster
[/quote] some are big.Does size really matter to the BRONCOS?I dont think it does just ask #1 if it matters.He ran over #14 from C.E.King and he(#14) so very slow to get up.I think the BRONCOS can get it done.What do you think? And anyone else who might have an opinion.

Looks like they have a stud RB (Cameron Brown) and also alternate two different QB's . Should be interesting to see if we can put the hurt on the RB.,might be a good tune up game if ever we get to play Angleton.  Also size never has bothered Dayton we can match up against anybody ! GO BRONCO'S~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Still would like to see Jakari get a couple of snaps to see if he can bring it to house!

[quote name="rollinac" post="694373" timestamp="1257177255"]
Dayton has a very good chance to win this game.  We need to focus on cutting down the fumbles for the playoffs.  We recovered most of them against King but I'd hate to see us fumble away another game this year.
[/quote] Yeah thats the truth.Coach Stewart should make them boys carry a football around all week in thier hands.I cant believe all the balls they have dropped this year.All i can say is they better hold on to it cause if they dont they arent gonna go fair into the playoffs.
    GO BRONCOS
    ALWAYS BELIEVE

Here's the deal!  LBJ is comparable to Central in terms of athletes only!  They have good speed but can be out schemed!  They have a running QB and a thrower.  The have a massive OL but they are slow off the ball and try to fall on you more than block you!  They run the zone read and fly sweep and are getting better, whereas they would turn it over a lot early in the season.  They will throw the deep ball to take advantage of their speed.  On Defense the will run 4-3 and 3-4 and blitz LBs all day.  Sometime you feel like they are doing too much!  Run right at em and you'll be successful.  The DL is terrible but the secondary is good. 

[quote name="obcowboy" post="694498" timestamp="1257182527"]
Here's the deal!  LBJ is comparable to Central in terms of athletes only!  They have good speed but can be out schemed!  They have a running QB and a thrower.  The have a massive OL but they are slow off the ball and try to fall on you more than block you!  They run the zone read and fly sweep and are getting better, whereas they would turn it over a lot early in the season.  They will throw the deep ball to take advantage of their speed.  On Defense the will run 4-3 and 3-4 and blitz LBs all day.  Sometime you feel like they are doing too much!  Run right at em and you'll be successful.  The DL is terrible but the secondary is good.   
[/quote] Thanks ! good info--what team do your represent !

[quote name="jayhawk" post="694511" timestamp="1257183085"]
[quote author=obcowboy link=topic=61626.msg694498#msg694498 date=1257182527]
[/quote] Thanks ! good info--what team do your represent !
[/quote]

I love my Central Jags but now I'm in the ATX

Runs high, dances a lot in the holes with some pretty decent moves.  Has good vision to find the backside whole.  Makes good cuts and waits for the play to develop.  Pretty big and hard to tackle although doesn't look very fast.  Not sure of the team they're playing...don't know if the missed tackles are bad tackling or if they are because of the back since you don't get to see the whole game here.

[quote name="rollinac" post="694553" timestamp="1257184445"]
Runs high, dances a lot in the wholes with some pretty decent moves.  Has good vision to find the backside whole.  Makes good cuts and waits for the play to develop.  Pretty big and hard to tackle although doesn't look very fast.  Not sure of the team they're playing...don't know if the missed tackles are bad tackling or if they are because of the back since you don't get to see the whole game here.
[/quote]
;)

thanks

[quote name="rollinac" post="694553" timestamp="1257184445"]
Runs high, dances a lot in the wholes with some pretty decent moves.  Has good vision to find the backside whole.  Makes good cuts and waits for the play to develop.  Pretty big and hard to tackle although doesn't look very fast.  Not sure of the team they're playing...don't know if the missed tackles are bad tackling or if they are because of the back since you don't get to see the whole game here.
[/quote] One thing  I noticed the team they were playing didn't have good penetration at all ! there will be alot more pressure put on by the Bonco's "D"--- arm tackles won't get it with this kid !

Off the post but search has been underway since yesterday for Gene Roberts of Dayton who's family members have thrilled us fans many years.Gene was helping get some cattle out of the Trinity river bottom just past the cemetary on 1008.His horse was found alive last night.Keep this family in your prayers as lg.search is underway.Thanks

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="695061" timestamp="1257207189"]
anybody going to the game on Saturday, leave your valuables at home.
[/quote]

me and a buddy scouted the LBJ/Reagan game last Fri night...this quote is RIGHT ON!!

BTW, Reagan was probably the worst team I've ever seen play, on a Friday night...so this score isn't indicative of how good LBJ is...

Broncs win with a well conditioned team and out run them...

[quote name="BHFAN" post="696060" timestamp="1257283532"]
Goodluck Bronco's! It's alway cool when you get to play teams that you have never or may never play again!
[/quote]
True, true...
New experience and hopefully a learning experience road trip.
Won't hurt at all if the Broncos are able to make it out of Region III and have to make a trip to play the semifinals.
This will be a trip almost identical to the Kerrville game from last year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder