*WH vs. HD/HD wins 12-6 in OT/Comments

H-D missed several scoring opportunities, Bobcats were in the redzone many times and did not capitalize. Bobcats moved the ball all night on offense,against a good defense. Total yards was big time in H-D's favor. WH got there 1st first down with 7 min. left in 2nd quarter. The H-D Coaching Staff called a heck of a game, and the H-D players showed so much heart. Great job Bobcats, way to work. This has been a tough season with so many injuries and hardships. We are proud of all of you. Playoffs here we come. WH yall worked hard and played a good tough game. This was one of the best games I have ever seen. The rivary lived up to the hype. Bobcats take care of Burkeville next week, they are on the rise. GO BOBCATS !!!

[quote name="D WADE" post="691805" timestamp="1256960748"]
WH should have won this game if it wasn't for that one snap over the punters head that gave HD the ball on the ten i don't believe HD would have scored
[/quote]It kills me to say this because I wanted West Hardin to win but there wouldn't have been any overtime if the HD kid hadn't dropped the ball going in the endzone. and like 55 said HD ran the field but fell apart in the red zone. overall was a good game both teams played hard I enjoyed watching

[quote name="D WADE" post="691805" timestamp="1256960748"]
WH should have won this game if it wasn't for that one snap over the punters head that gave HD the ball on the ten i don't believe HD would have scored
[/quote]

I agree and on that West Hardin punt where the HD player touched that ball & WH recovered but was ruled that an Oiler player knocked it into him.  That was a BULL CRAP call.  Thats the only bad call I'm going to talk about.

1st Quarter
West Hardin - 0 --- Good defensive battle between both schools, HD got down in the red zone but turned it over on downs
Hull-Daisetta - 0

2nd Quarter
West Hardin - 6 --- #22 Ansisco scored a TD on a 1yd run, 2 point conversion no good with 1:32 left in half
Hull-Daisetta - 0 --- #35 Gilmore was going into the endzone untouched, but fumbled the ball at the 1yd line.  WH recovered in the endzone for a touchback with 6:45 left in 2nd.  #14 Marberry threw an interception to #45 Caruthers with :04 left in half.

3rd Quarter
West Hardin - 6 --- Both teams held their good in the 3rd
Hull-Daisetta - 0

4th Quarter
West Hardin - 6 --- #7 Miller intercepted Marberry on the WH 5 with 5:52 left in the 4th
Hull-Daisetta - 6 --- [b][color=red]Jo Jo Walker [/color] [/b] scored a 15yd TD run, extra point blocked --- [b][color=red]Correction[/color][/b]

Overtime
West Hardin - 6 --- West Hardin had the ball first and couldn't move the ball & turned it over
Hull-Daisetta - 12 --- #35 Gilmore had a big run to the 1yd line & #14 Marberry ran it in for the winning TD

Congrats to the Bobcats on the win, good luck in the playoffs!

To my Oilers...  You had a great run at the playoffs, but it just wasn't your time.  Hopefully next year we can get back to where you belong.  I'm extremely proud to say I'm an Oiler fan and ya'll keep your chins up.  You all played a very hard fought game tonight and kept it close all night.  Seniors... enjoyed watching you play this year & good luck with whatever your future holds.

The first Daisetta TD was scored by JoJO Walker.  Just want the kid to get the credit.  Offense played well all night, especially the offensive line.  The best they have played all year.  Had some mistakes in the Red Zone but West Hardin also has a very good defense. Was probably the best game I have ever seen and was proud to be there.  The HD defense did what they do. Shut people down.  Good Luck with the rest of the season Bobcats Ill be watching but this will be my last post.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="692172" timestamp="1256981396"]
[quote author=D WADE link=topic=61568.msg691805#msg691805 date=1256960748]
[/quote]If If If !!! What about our fumble through the endzone for a touchback. H-D dominated !!
[/quote]

Come on!!!  No way you can say HD dominated, no one dominates in a 6-6 game.  The Bobcats moved the ball effectively in overtime when it mattered the most, so again congrats on their win.  I will admit that HD dominated last year, it was 38-8, thats domination not a 12-6 OT win.

i agree neither team really really dominated anyone. there were only two good offensive drives in the whole games HD's was when they drove the ball down to the 2 and their runningback fumbled, that drive WH couldn't stop them they just got lucky that the back fumbled, and for WH it was their 80 yard scoring drive that came off of that fumble other than that neither team look impressive on offense because WH could move the ball and kept giving HD great field position and then HD could score on that great field position

[quote name="D WADE" post="692812" timestamp="1257035537"]
i agree neither team really really dominated anyone. there were only two good offensive drives in the whole games HD's was when they drove the ball down to the 2 and their runningback fumbled, that drive WH couldn't stop them they just got lucky that the back fumbled, and for WH it was their 80 yard scoring drive that came off of that fumble other than that neither team look impressive on offense because WH could move the ball and kept giving HD great field position and then HD could score on that great field position
[/quote]H-D moved the ball up and down the field all night. Just did not punch it in the endzone. Were yall at the game? H-D ran that power sweep at will. Our O-line dominated. Just look at total yards, H-D had like triple the total yards as WH. Hands down dominated. Score could have easily been 28-6 H-D. And yes it was one of the best hard fought games I have ever seen. Beating your rival on an overtime touchdown, priceless !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476