***SETXSPORTS.COM WEEK NINE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS***

WOSgrad

[CENTER][IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4363/forumbannerl.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][b][i][size=12pt]WEEK NINE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RANKINGS[/size][/i][/b][/center]

[b][u]5A/4A Poll[/b]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b]Rank    [/b][/td]
[td][b]Team  [/b][/td]
[td][center][b]  Record  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Points  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Prev.  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][b]Next Opponent[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]1[/center][/td]
[td]Port Neches-Groves [7][/td]
[td][center]8-0[/center][/td]
[td][center]97[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. #10 Ozen[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]2[/center][/td]
[td]Beaumont Central [3][/td]
[td][center]7-1[/center][/td]
[td][center]92[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at Livingston[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]3[/center][/td]
[td]Beaumont West Brook[/td]
[td][center]5-3[/center][/td]
[td][center]79[/center][/td]
[td][center]4[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at Baytown Sterling[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Crosby[/td]
[td][center]6-2[/center][/td]
[td][center]67[/center][/td]
[td][center]5[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. Galena Park[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Port Arthur Memorial[/td]
[td][center]58[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. Channelview[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]6[/center][/td]
[td]Dayton[/td]
[td][center]55[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. C.E. King[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]7[/center][/td]
[td]Vidor[/td]
[td][center]40[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at #10 Nederland[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]8[/center][/td]
[td]Goose Creek Memorial[/td]
[td][center]6-3[/center][/td]
[td][center]27[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 31 vs. Kingwood Park[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]9[/center][/td]
[td]Barbers Hill[/td]
[td][center]4-5[/center][/td]
[td][center]15[/center][/td]
[td][center]--[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at North Forest[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]T10[/center][/td]
[td]Beaumont Ozen[/td]
[td][center]3-5[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 @ #1 PN-G[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]T10[/center][/td]
[td]Nederland[/td]
[td][center]3-5[/center][/td]
[td][center]--[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. #7 Vidor[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
    Also receiving votes:  Lumberton 1, Baytown Lee 1

[b][u]3A/2A/1A/Privates Poll[/u][/b]
[table]
[tr]
[td][b]Rank    [/b][/td]
[td][b]Team  [/b][/td]
[td][center][b]  Record  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Points  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][center][b]  Prev.  [/b][/center][/td]
[td][b]Next Opponent[/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Newton [9]    [/td]
[td][center]99[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. Shelbyville[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Jasper [1][/td]
[td][center]79[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at Rusk[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Kirbyville[/td]
[td][center]75[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at San Augustine[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Silsbee[/td]
[td][center]4-4[/center][/td]
[td][center]72[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. Hamshire-Fannett[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Cleveland[/td]
[td][center]69[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at #7 Coldspring[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]West Orange-Stark[/td]
[td][center]55[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. Hardin-Jefferson[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Coldspring[/td]
[td][center]34[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. #5 Cleveland[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Evadale[/td]
[td][center]27[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at Chester[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]East Chambers[/td]
[td][center]17[/center][/td]
[td][center]10[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 at Kountze[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][center]10[/center][/td]
[td]Bridge City[/td]
[td][center]11[/center][/td]
[td]Oct. 30 vs. Orangefield[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
    Also receiving votes:  Buna 4, Orangefield 3, Hemphill 2, Hardin-Jefferson 2, Anahuac 1

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="687232" timestamp="1256605703"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=61393.msg687215#msg687215 date=1256604964]
"We movin on up.....to the top....we finally got a piece of.....Duh pie"
[/quote]

Goin to the DELUXE apartment in the skyyyyyyyy!
[/quote]

Ok, I'm from Chicago....I watched more Good Times than the Jeffersons...

WOS

Just got to tell you that by the look of things Evadale could be off the rankings if we keep doing this winning thing. We win on the field and drop in the poll, it has become a predictable pattern. There are two other 8-0 teams and I look for their stock to begin slipping if they continue this "winnnig thing" too. I know, I know level of competition, strength of schedule, moon aligned with the stars, and of course Evadale can't beat any of the teams ranked ahaed of them.

I know it does not matter one bit what this poll says and it is just for a bunch of people to get on and talk, but please. Teams going undefeated is not something that happens all the time and Evadale can't control level of competition, we're 1A, we played 2 2A teams that both beat us last year. Strength of schedule we have an 8 teams district so we don't get any choice on 7 games we play, refer back to the 2 2A from earlier. The moon has to be doing something to the rain cycle and only God controls that and Evadale won't this year or any year get the chance to even try to stay with the other teams on the list as most of them don't want to play "down".

I am not mad, just sticking up for a group of young men who have done something very incredible this season going 8-0. Securing a fourth straight trip to the playoffs, and still have a legitamate shot at a district title for a second consecutive year and a 10-0 regular season.

I guess if we get that it does not matter where we end up on the poll, if we even do!

Just rattling your chain...HA HA

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="687621" timestamp="1256659294"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=61393.msg687599#msg687599 date=1256656749]
Next season we may consider putting 2A with one A and having 3A by itself.
[/quote]

Why not 5A-4A, 3A-2A and [b]1A-Private[/b]?
[/quote]

We only have 8 1A teams and 2 local private teams. It would be a poll of all 10. I guess that would be a way for Evadale to be #1 though in a poll that includes a couple of winless teams. ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="687680" timestamp="1256663226"]
[quote author=Rebel Yeller link=topic=61393.msg687621#msg687621 date=1256659294]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=61393.msg687599#msg687599 date=1256656749]
Next season we may consider putting 2A with one A and having 3A by itself.
[/quote]

Why not 5A-4A, 3A-2A and [b]1A-Private[/b]?
[/quote]

We only have 8 1A teams and 2 local private teams. It would be a poll of all 10. I guess that would be a way for Evadale to be #1 though in a poll that includes a couple of winless teams. ::)
[/quote]

Why not a top 5 for 1A-Private?

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="687898" timestamp="1256673799"]
Never mind you folks are way too touchy about this poll.

Enjoy the rest of the rest of the season. Oh but, go ahead and drop Evadale to ninth since we are winning by forfeit this week.
[/quote]

Too touchy?? Wouldn't that be you? You are the one that has come on this thread every week crying about Evadale's rankings. ::)

[quote name="justsaying" post="688036" timestamp="1256680614"]
i agree with rebel...Silsbee can be 4-5 next week and still be at the top...   Get a grip.  How can you be 4-4 and be at the top of the poll.
[/quote]
That's because Silsbee has played a really tough schedule and the games they lost where very close games . Evadale has played a weak schedule and the games they won where really close ball games against weak opponents.

[quote name="justsaying" post="688036" timestamp="1256680614"]
i agree with rebel...Silsbee can be 4-5 next week and still be at the top...   Get a grip.  How can you be 4-4 and be at the top of the poll.
[/quote]

Are you saying that you think Evadale is better than Silsbee?  Just curious.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="687567" timestamp="1256654579"]
WOS

Just got to tell you that by the look of things Evadale could be off the rankings if we keep doing this winning thing. We win on the field and drop in the poll, it has become a predictable pattern. There are two other 8-0 teams and I look for their stock to begin slipping if they continue this "winnnig thing" too. I know, I know level of competition, strength of schedule, moon aligned with the stars, and of course Evadale can't beat any of the teams ranked ahaed of them.

I know it does not matter one bit what this poll says and it is just for a bunch of people to get on and talk, but please. Teams going undefeated is not something that happens all the time and Evadale can't control level of competition, we're 1A, we played 2 2A teams that both beat us last year. Strength of schedule we have an 8 teams district so we don't get any choice on 7 games we play, refer back to the 2 2A from earlier. The moon has to be doing something to the rain cycle and only God controls that and Evadale won't this year or any year get the chance to even try to stay with the other teams on the list as most of them don't want to play "down".

I am not mad, just sticking up for a group of young men who have done something very incredible this season going 8-0. Securing a fourth straight trip to the playoffs, and still have a legitamate shot at a district title for a second consecutive year and a 10-0 regular season.

I guess if we get that it does not matter where we end up on the poll, if we even do!

Just rattling your chain...HA HA
[/quote]

This should rattle your chain yall are above BC on this pole and BC's jv gave that west hardin team that gave yall trouble a run for there money? Imean i know that has nothing to do with it but just thought i throw that out there  8)

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="westend1" post="688058" timestamp="1256682441"]
[quote author=justsaying link=topic=61393.msg688036#msg688036 date=1256680614]
[/quote]

Are you saying that you think Evadale is better than Silsbee?   Just curious.
[/quote]

Silsbee could play their 8th grade team against Evadale varsity and be competitive....besides how many kids are on the Evadale team and do not live in Evadale?

So if Silsbee was 0-10 but played good teams they would still be ranked ahead of Evadale at 10-0 right.  I get it now.  Silsbee would beat Evadale.  A large 3A school would beat a 1A school..  Now your poll makes perfect since..  Please remove all schools that could not beat the larger schools...  thanks.

Guest Silsbee88
[quote name="justsaying" post="688661" timestamp="1256750015"]
So if Silsbee was 0-10 but played good teams they would still be ranked ahead of Evadale at 10-0 right.  I get it now.  Silsbee would beat Evadale.  A large 3A school would beat a 1A school..  Now your poll makes perfect [b]since[/b]..  Please remove all schools that could not beat the larger schools...  thanks.
[/quote]

Evadale should be ranked #1 above all schools!!!!!  They are the only team around!!!  Come on just saying, I would be proud to be ranked above all the other 3A and 2A schools in the area.  There are some schools Evadale is ranked above that Evadale could not beat, just saying.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• I didn't like the hire from the beginning, but you are correct. 100% the supt. choice.
    • Let’s all pray that this upcoming season will be a great one and that all players will stay as healthy as possible. We all know (or should) that we’re talking about kids so no matter what team that you support, to ensure that we’re being as encouraging and uplifting as we can be as grown (oftentimes immature) adults.    Staying true to the subject topic, it should be a competitive game against Woodville & Fig Newton. I’d venture to say that the winner of this game will most definitely be crowned the district champs. 
    • I get that. And most will say that givin the d1 athletes…..myself included, but 4trips in a row….come on now  I know that they probably don’t win that 2nd sc without them and probably not make it as far the last two years. (Those that are in the know…know) They re able to connect to players and manage those d1 egos and know who should play where and when giving certain situations in game. tremaine just turned around a bottom dweller team in the Corpus Christi area to a playoff contender in one year. yes having athletes make it a lil easier but when you repeat to state 4 years in a row coaching is a huge part of that.  Your last comment is ridiculous….there is more to coaching than just throwing athletes in defensive and offensive sets. United has more coming thru the pipeline…..let’s see how Green manages/coaches it.  
    • If that’s not enough, you’re lost.
    • I am wary of the independent and undecided voters. I'm afraid the felony convictions (as spurious as they are) will have a negative affect on Trump, no matter what the polls show right now.
  • Topics