AP POLL..PN-G #8

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="687028" timestamp="1256596343"]
[quote author=hummer link=topic=61380.msg687010#msg687010 date=1256595387]
png way overrated. one and done.
[/quote]
Against Barbers Hill??????
I see PN-G advancing to the game where they play the 24-4A champ (3rd round)
If they win that one, they just might get to the semifinals.
[/quote]

That's the way I see it as well.  At this point, anyone who is saying PN-G isn't for real or hasn't played anybody, is clueless.  The PN-G/Central game is going to be one for the ages IMO.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="justsaying" post="686873" timestamp="1256588780"]
Too funny.  Buna isn't even winning their district and they get 9 votes and the district leader isn't listed at all.
[/quote]

If Buna Is Ranked 13th in 2A..They Are Ahead Of Kirbyville,We Were Ranked [b]15th [/b] Or Was Last Time I Looked.... Don't Pay No Mind To Them Polls,Them Polls Say What You Are Supposed To Do...Not What You Will Do...And I Never Saw A Computer Suited Up And On The Field....It's What's On The Board When The Games Over That Matters...JMO

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="687009" timestamp="1256595337"]
PN-G moves up 4 spots.  We move up 3 spots....
No comment...
[/quote]

Anything can happen when 2 teams play but based on seeing both Central & PNG and what they have done against common opponents, PNG being rated above Central is the right vote.  That could all change if you guys beat them the last game.

[quote name="D3zii" post="687211" timestamp="1256604785"]
Same thing with Texas/OU..Now thats two diffrent things..But Texas Beat Ou But OU made the NC because they did better Than Texas Did aginst Common Opponents..So You cant Always by that..

We'll just have to wait til next week
[/quote]

Thats the screwed up BCS.  Thanks God that we don't have that barn yard fertilizer in the UIL!

[quote name="hummer" post="687010" timestamp="1256595387"]
[/quote]
I started the year off believing PNG would go 0-10   I went to 4 different PNG games this year. Hummer they are for real especially there defense. I know you are just trying to start crap or you are just plain blind. This team is the real deal. As for Central I have not seen them since the WB game but Im a stat guy and according to the stats Central is for real also I look foward to week 10 I will be at the Babe for the game of the year in 20-4A.

[quote name="Jackthehammer" post="687244" timestamp="1256606539"]
[quote author=hummer link=topic=61380.msg687010#msg687010 date=1256595387]
[/quote]
I started the year off believing PNG would go 0-10   I went to 4 different PNG games this year. Hummer they are for real especially there defense. I know you are just trying to start crap or you are just plain blind. This team is the real deal. As for Central I have not seen them since the WB game but Im a stat guy and according to the stats Central is for real also I look foward to week 10 I will be at the Babe for the game of the year in 20-4A.
[/quote]

Hey Jack, I guess ignorance IS bliss!  LOL

First off i would like to say congrats on the top ten for PN-G. Second i do not understand why the associated press has three teams with one loss each in front of PN-G it makes no sense at all. You have #3 ranked Longview (7-1), #6 ranked Dallas Highland Park (7-1) and #7 ranked Hewitt Midway (7-1) in front of PN-G and the Indians are (8-0). No matter the stats, i think PN-G should be at least ranked 5th personally. They are a great football team and they just now make the top ten?????? they need a little more love. come on AP !!!!

[quote name="png08" post="687393" timestamp="1256613323"]
First off i would like to say congrats on the top ten for PN-G. Second i do not understand why the associated press has three teams with one loss each in front of PN-G it makes no sense at all. You have #3 ranked Longview (7-1), #6 ranked Dallas Highland Park (7-1) and #7 ranked Hewitt Midway (7-1) in front of PN-G and the Indians are (8-0). No matter the stats, i think PN-G should be at least ranked 5th personally. They are a great football team and they just now make the top ten?????? they need a little more love. come on AP !!!!
[/quote]
Makes perfect sense to me. Longview's only loss was to 5A power Lufkn @ Lufkn. They have beaten defending 5A state champs Allen and play in the toughest district in the state 4A. Wins over defending 4A state champs Sulpher Springs, Texas high and Tyler John Tyler.

Highland Parks only loss was to a 7-1 5A Coppell (whos only loss was to Southlake). And they have a great history of winning in the playoffs.

Midway I am not sure about?

They do not have Marshall ranked and they are in second in one of the toughest districts in the state. They put thirty on Longview plus had five turnovers to start the second half. I am sure that Marshall could hang with some of these top ten teams. Hate to bust your bubble but Longview would beat  PNG fellers. Plus not sure that PNG could beat Marshall, Texas High or SSprings from that district. Speed is speed and East Texas has it. Just my take but what do I know have only been wrong on ninety five percent on my picks this year.  ???

The playoffs are a far different (season) from a regular District season. All the teams in the playoffs had to do something right and do it good to be where they are. To me rankings in the playoffs mean nothing. Its what happens on the field that counts. Win and you keep playing, lose and your out. The playoffs is where the wheat is separated from the chaff. You have to play almost mistake free football to win, you have to play off of shear determination, commitment, and will power. (alot more could be listed). I believe you put in the 4 teams from 20-4A you will have 4 teams with nothing but heart !!! Great coaches, great players, great fans. Our district teams will make alot of noise in the playoffs, cannot say who will go the furtherest, but when its all said and done there will be respect for our District. Last year no one even thought Central would go as deep as they did against the teams they had to play, and guess what, they beat them and kept advancing. I pulled for Central as they made their run. I would expect anyone from this area to pull for any of the teams making the playoffs regardless of who they are or what classification they are in. We all need to show the rest of the state that SouthEast Texas is a area that has some of the best athletes in the state, best coaches in the state and best following of fans in the state.

On another note: alot can change going into the playoffs and while in the playoffs. Injuries and grades. Just keep that in the back of your mind. I really do hope that not a single player from our area gets injured or ends up ineligible because of grades.

[quote name="CowboysNIndians" post="687446" timestamp="1256640323"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=61380.msg687009#msg687009 date=1256595337]
No comment...
[/quote]

PNG hasn't lost, you have.

There's a comment
[/quote]

Central played with the big boys in Pre season----Now you hAVE TWO COMMENTS.  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="687009" timestamp="1256595337"]
PN-G moves up 4 spots.  We move up 3 spots....
No comment...
[/quote]

I guess PNG fans should of went all [i]"no comment"[/i] the week the Indians beat Livingston 30-7 on the road then proceeded to move DOWN a spot in the AP poll??

Soldier- Just be happy both teams are finally getting some statewide recognition. Moving up 3 and especially 4 spots are both big 1 week jumps. Central will get their shot at PNG in a few weeks.  

Class 4A
Team                       Rec  Pts  Pvs
1. Lake Travis (22)       8-0  247   1
2. Denton Guyer (3)       8-0  214   2
3. Longview               8-1  181   3
4. Waxahachie             8-0  178   4
5. Angleton               8-0  160   5
6. Dallas Highland Park   7-1  121   6
7. Hewitt Midway          7-1   84   9
[b] 8. PORT NECHES-GROVES[/b]     8-0   47   -
9. Aledo                  7-1   38   -
10. Brenham                8-0   34   -
      Others receiving votes: North Richland Hills 14, Denton Ryan 10,
Big Spring 10, Denison 10, [b]BEAUMONT CENTRAL[/b][b] 9[/b], Stephenville 7,
Abilene Cooper 4, CC Flour Bluff 4, Lake Dallas 2, CC Calallen 1.

[b]Shout out to both teams for great accomplishments so far. Keep up the good work ;)[/b]

[quote name="PNG1992" post="687452" timestamp="1256642876"]
No comment...
[/quote]

I guess PNG fans shouldnt went all [i]"no comment"[/i] the week the Indians moved DOWN a spot in the AP poll after beating Livingston on the road 30-7.

Soldier- Just be happy both teams are finally getting some statewide recognition. Moving up 3 and especially 4 spots are both big 1 week jumps. Central will get their shot at PNG in a few weeks. 
[/quote]I honestly didn't know you could drop a spot after a win.  I didn't know that.

I'm happy that both teams are getting statewide recognition.  And it was not a shot to PN-G because them boys have been playing their butts off.  I just was curious to why you get 4 spots and we get 3 spots.

[quote name="badndn" post="687404" timestamp="1256614334"]
[quote author=png08 link=topic=61380.msg687393#msg687393 date=1256613323]
[/quote]
Makes perfect sense to me. Longview's only loss was to 5A power Lufkn @ Lufkn. They have beaten defending 5A state champs Allen and play in the toughest district in the state 4A. Wins over defending 4A state champs Sulpher Springs, Texas high and Tyler John Tyler.

Highland Parks only loss was to a 7-1 5A Coppell (whos only loss was to Southlake). And they have a great history of winning in the playoffs.

Midway I am not sure about?
[/quote]

Thank you.... good post badndn

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="687475" timestamp="1256645653"]
[quote author=PNG1992 link=topic=61380.msg687452#msg687452 date=1256642876]
No comment...
[/quote]

I guess PNG fans shouldnt went all [i]"no comment"[/i] the week the Indians moved DOWN a spot in the AP poll after beating Livingston on the road 30-7.

[/quote]I honestly didn't know you could drop a spot after a win.  I didn't know that.

I'm happy that both teams are getting statewide recognition.  And it was not a shot to PN-G because them boys have been playing their butts off.  I just was curious to why you get 4 spots and we get 3 spots.
[/quote]

Because we're just better :D J/K with ya. Good luck to both teams this week and we will settle it on week 10.

[quote name="etbu" post="687034" timestamp="1256596760"]
Will go PNG go as small or big? I can tell you that Denison and [b][u]Lake Dallas[/u][/b] can flat out play.
[/quote]

Lake Dallas is one-dimensional, stop the QB and you will win....Obviously that's easier said than done because he's one of the best in the state.  I believe that he's going to Mizzou.  Here is his stats from last year and his current stats as well.  He's a beast!

Ht      Wt    40
6-2    220  4.6

[u][b]2008[/b][/u]

[u][b]Rushing[/b][/u]
Att    Yards      TD
192 1,151     18

[u][b]Passing[/b][/u]
Att    Com  Yards    TD  INT
263 166 2,464   23 11

[u][b]2009[/b][/u]

[u][b]Rushing[/b][/u]
Att    Yards  TD