Any news on Chester's #88 - Jacob Barnes? - Updated 10/25/09 with news

Still haven't been able to find out much. In talking with some fellow High Island people, I have heard that his foot was barely hanging on and that is why he was life flighted. He had emergency surgery last night and will be immobolized for at least 6 months. This is just what I have been told. I would love for anyone that knows for sure to give us any updates. I am praying for him to have a speedy recovery and for his family as well.

[quote name="ST413" post="685624" timestamp="1256450612"]
Foot barely hanging on? How did this happen in a football game?  My prayers are with him.

[/quote]

He was going up for a pass (he was on offense) along with #20 from HI.  HI player came up with the int. They both hit the ground, HI player got up while Chester player was still on the ground.  Basically it was one of those freak accidents that happen sometimes (ones that you don't wish on anyone).  It happended when they both hit the ground, really couldn't tell how it actually happened though.  You know it's bad when the coach doesn't even stop at the player and just keeps going over to the emts to get them out there.

I just received this email from Coach Franklin (Chester):
Ms. Harrison he has been released from hospital and is at the house in Chester. The doctors were able to set his foot and he will go back to hospital next week to get his ankle in a cast and do whatever else needs to be done. That is all we know at this time. I would like to personally thank you and your fans for all your support on Friday night. We not only lost Jacob Barnes but we lost Dalton Woodrome to a broken leg, Jacob Lowery to a broken foot in three places and two other players with a concussion.  This has been a rather rough weekend to say the least. Once again I truly thank you for everyone's support.  Thanks Coach Franklin

I was at the game and I knew that there was one other injury. I had no idea there were so many. Let's keep the ENTIRE Chester community in our thoughts and prayers, especially these injured players and their families. Wow... :'(

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Unfortunately the game of football is a rough and violent sport. Sometimes we as parents forget that and it is tragic that sometimes like this inevitably happens to remind us. The people and coaches of Chester are a true class act and we in Mustang country will keep all of the injured players in our thoughts. God speed!

I was just informed by Jacob's mom: Just found out the rest of our Football season is cancelled we had alot of injurys this past friday night..Jacob Barnes with his ankle dislocation..Dalton Woodrome with a broken leg and Tanner Neal with head injury..Jacob Lowery with bones broke in his foot...and Weston Morgan with his neck and head hurting real bad..We had bad luck poured on us in buckets friday night..

Please keep these boys in your prayers AND also the entire Chester community!!

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="justryansmom" post="686579" timestamp="1256573006"]
I was just informed by Jacob's mom: Just found out the rest of our Football season is cancelled we had alot of injurys this past friday night..Jacob Barnes with his ankle dislocation..Dalton Woodrome with a broken leg and Tanner Neal with head injury..Jacob Lowery with bones broke in his foot...and Weston Morgan with his neck and head hurting real bad..We had bad luck poured on us in buckets friday night..

Please keep these boys in your prayers AND also the entire Chester community!!
[/quote]

Sorry To Hear All The Bad News From Chester...Kirbyville Will Have You In Our Prayers...Good Luck ..

Thank you everyone for keeping you in my prayers. I just want to let Leli know it was nowhere close to being his fault. It was just a freak accident. Luckily there was no broken bones just torn ligaments, torn muscle from the bone, and severe dislocation that went through the skin. I have a ten week. I have a big goal in front of me and thats to be back for baseball. I am happy and it makes this alot easier on me seeing all the people praying and supporting me.

Well i hope to see High Island on the diamond this year.
Chester # 88
Senior 2010

[quote name="Chester#88" post="687133" timestamp="1256601800"]
Thank you everyone for keeping you in my prayers. I just want to let Leli know it was nowhere close to being his fault. It was just a freak accident. Luckily there was no broken bones just torn ligaments, torn muscle from the bone, and severe dislocation that went through the skin. I have a ten week. I have a big goal in front of me and thats to be back for baseball. I am happy and it makes this alot easier on me seeing all the people praying and supporting me.

Chester # 88
Senior 2010
[/quote]

Our prayers are with you and hope your recovery goes well.  Just remember, listen to your doctors and therepists.  Don't push too hard, your body will set your limits.  I hope you make it to the diamond.

That it truly sad to hear.  First of all, prayers go out from here in Katy and also from my fellow Mustang fans in Orange for the players that have suffered the injuries and hopefully their recoveries are quick and uncomplicated. 

But also, my heart goes out to the young men who had their season ended because of the mass amount of injuries to their teammates.  I know that they not only feel bad for their fallen comrades but for the lost chance to represent their school and their city a couple of more times.  I am sure that the decision by Coach Franklin was a difficult one to make.  But the number of injuries endured would devastate even a West Brook or a Memorial...so there is no way to see how Chester would be able to survive it.

Chester # 88
Senior 2010
[/quote]

Jacob, you are an incredibly positive young man. I knew this already but now everyone on here does.  :) We WILL see you on the diamond!!

Chester # 88
Senior 2010
[/quote]

Good luck young man. I'm betting you can do it.

Prayers from WOS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder