PNG 5-0
Central 5-0
Vidor 3-2
Ozen 2-3
Nederland 2-3
LCM 1-4
Livingston 1-4
Lumberton 1-4

I guess PNG and Central have mathematically clinched a spot. But what do you guys think about the remaining schedule? Who do you think is in or out?

Just posted this on my toupsgraphics.com website....
Nederland and Ozen look to be in the drivers seat for 4th place.
Ozen has LC-M in the last game.
If Ozen wins that game that forces Nederland to win out (not likely).
If Ozen and Nederland tie at 3 and 4 (that's what Toups Graphics predicts) then Ozen gets 4th place due to the head to head overtime victory at Bulldog Stadium.
If...
Ozen goes to the playoffs....
Bidistrict will be...
Crosby vs Vidor, Central vs Goose Creek Memorial, Dayton vs Ozen and PN-G vs Barbers Hill.
If Nederland makes it, division I and II are changed in 20-4A...
Bidistrict would be....
Crosby vs Nederland, Central vs Goose Creek Memorial, Dayton vs Vidor, and PN-G vs Barbers Hill.

I think PNG and Central are both in. Vidor should also be in mathematically as well. The 4 Th spot is open, I think that Ozen has the tie breaker over Nederland. I don't know who plays who. Nederland plays Vidor and I believe Lumberton. They would have to win one and Ozen lose both remaining for Nederland to get in.
PNG will more than likely will have BH in Bi-District, Vidor would get Crosby and Central would play GCM. The 4Th spot would have to play Dayton. The way the UIL has the playoffs working, the D2 schools play one extra game. I'm not certain how that works and who they play regardless of who wins of losses.
District 24-4A would be the other District that our teams would face after Bi-District. That includes Angleton. That District is still not certain on seeds yet I believe. I could be wrong.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="684897" timestamp="1256392215"]
Just posted this on my toupsgraphics.com website....
Nederland and Ozen look to be in the drivers seat for 4th place.
Ozen has LC-M in the last game.
If Ozen wins that game that forces Nederland to win out (not likely).
If Ozen and Nederland tie at 3 and 4 (that's what Toups Graphics predicts) then Ozen gets 4th place due to the head to head overtime victory at Bulldog Stadium.
If...
Ozen goes to the playoffs....
Bidistrict will be...
Crosby vs Vidor, Central vs Goose Creek Memorial, Dayton vs Ozen and PN-G vs Barbers Hill.
If Nederland makes it, division I and II are changed in 20-4A...
Bidistrict would be....
Crosby vs Nederland, Central vs Goose Creek Memorial, Dayton vs Vidor, and PN-G vs Barbers Hill.
[/quote]
Ok never mind my post. You posted before I did. After Bi-District how does the playoff bracket go from there ? just curious.

I'm a Nederland fan, so here's Nederland's path to the playoffs.  Beat Vidor and Lumberton, finish 4-3.  Vidor would then finish 4-3 and I think both would go.  For this scenario, PNG must beat Ozen, which is likely.

Scenarios where Nederland loses to Vidor and wins at Lumberton to finish 3-4 are less likely to get them in.  It would require LCM to beat Ozen and Lumberton to close out the season at 3-4... or Livingston would need to beat Central and PNG to finish at 3-4.  Only other scenario where Nederland can finish at 3-4 includes Ozen, which would not work out.

Nederland needs to win out, most other scenarios are unlikely.

This year Region III 4A is really weak, outside 19 and 20-4A the top teams will be the teams advancing out of 24-4A (Angleton, Dawson, Friendswood, and I don't know who will be 4th).  Brenham is also highly ranked.

If Angleton goes division II PN-G will face off with Angleton before the Quarter Final round.
Dayton will have Brenham in their part of the bracket.

If PN-G and Dayton both keep winning they would square off in the quarterfinal round (PN-G will have the much tougher road with Angleton in their way).

Haven't studied Division I, but whoever gets Pearland Dawson will be in trouble.

I think if any team from 20 or 19-4A can get past Dawson and Angleton they might get out of this region (go to semi finals)

[quote name="pngfan66" post="684907" timestamp="1256393213"]
PNG already beat Livingston in the Monsoon !!!
[/quote]

My bad, Livingston would need to beat Central and Vidor.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="684915" timestamp="1256393669"]
Is Angleton that good of a team ? I heard they have a hoss running back. I don't know anything really about Angleton except they are undefeated and ranked fairly high in all polls. I think if Dayton can get back to firing on all cylinders they could take Brehnam.
[/quote]
Haven't seen Angleton play, but from all accounts, they are the cream of the crop team in this Region.
Dawson and Friendswood will also be quality teams.

In the D2 Bracket after you play the first Bi-District game, and if you win do you play a second Bi-District game or do you start playing in the regionals ? I know if you play in the D2 bracket there is one more game to be played than if you were in the D1 bracket. I just don't know were that extra game falls in the bracket.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="685003" timestamp="1256399137"]
In the D2 Bracket after you play the first Bi-District game, and if you win do you play a second Bi-District game or do you start playing in the regionals ? I know if you play in the D2 bracket there is one more game to be played than if you were in the D1 bracket. I just don't know were that extra game falls in the bracket.
[/quote]

With the 4 team playoff format, why would D2 play one more game than D1? If you have 2 teams in D1 and 2 in D2 how is there a difference in games played? Curious?

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="685045" timestamp="1256402271"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=61278.msg685003#msg685003 date=1256399137]
[/quote]

With the 4 team playoff format, why would D2 play one more game than D1? If you have 2 teams in D1 and 2 in D2 how is there a difference in games played? Curious?
[/quote]Back when only 3 teams from each district make the playoffs, there was a shorter road to State for the D1 representative vs. the D2.  1 team used to make D1 from each district and 2 teams made D2 from each district.  D1 had less teams with less games.  D2 had more teams with more games.  

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685051" timestamp="1256402510"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=61278.msg685045#msg685045 date=1256402271]
[/quote]

[/quote]Back when only 3 teams from each district make the playoffs, there was a shorter road to State for the D1 representative vs. the D2.  1 team used to make D1 from each district and 2 teams made D2 from each district.  D1 had less teams with less games.  D2 had more teams with more games.  
[/quote]
Maybe thats what he was talking about.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="685051" timestamp="1256402510"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's what I thought, I knew there were people in the know in here! Thanks.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="685057" timestamp="1256402782"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=61278.msg685051#msg685051 date=1256402510]
[/quote]

[/quote]Back when only 3 teams from each district make the playoffs, there was a shorter road to State for the D1 representative vs. the D2.  1 team used to make D1 from each district and 2 teams made D2 from each district.  D1 had less teams with less games.  D2 had more teams with more games. 
[/quote]
Maybe thats what he was talking about.
[/quote]

Yeah, both divisions have to play 6 games to win state now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn