*Cleveland vs. Shepherd Updates...55-21 Cleveland Wins/Comments*

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horns?  Not a problem, if done with restraint.  But when you let the town idiot run it, it can be a problem.  Celebrations are great, but I think if you are going to have the almighty horn, do it at home.  There is nothing more intimidating than a team going into your home field and there is the almighty horn to greet them.  On the road?  Leave it at home, especially if it is electrically powered...Come on, using the juice at the visitor's field?  Also, when asked to unplug it, it's their electricity you are using, not your own.  When the board member asked that the horn use be restricted, he was well within his rights as a board member.  When the person running the horn didn't, he unplugged the horn, again, well within his right as a board member.  Cutting the cord?  While a drastic measure, it still falls within his job as a board member, if he followed the first 2 steps. 

My team?  The Battlin' Bears...so you can't say that the complaint about the horn is because we "lost"...

now it is my turn to laugh.  I am comfortable with my lifestyle.  My wife and I are raising three boys.  The oldest, at 165 lbs was starting varsity nose guard and brought home a state powerlifting medal last year.  In fact, it was in Cleveland that he was awarded the Gold in region six.  Smoked all the competition.  None of my sons ever remember not being in church come Sunday morning.  

Like I said, those who have no facts to stand on resort to personal attack.

When you resort to personal attack, you may as well proclaim loud and clear that you are thru making a difference in a conversation.

Stephen

[quote name="Logosadore" post="683025" timestamp="1256228083"]
now it is my turn to laugh.  I am comfortable with my lifestyle.  My wife and I are raising three boys.  The oldest, at 165 lbs was starting varsity nose guard and brought home a state powerlifting medal last year.  In fact, it was in Cleveland that he was awarded the Gold in region six.  Smoked all the competition.  None of my sons ever remember not being in church come Sunday morning.  

Like I said, those who have no facts to stand on resort to personal attack.

When you resort to personal attack, you may as well proclaim loud and clear that you are thru making a difference in a conversation.

Stephen

[/quote]

well said...

[quote name="elhector1" post="682983" timestamp="1256226174"]
Horns?  Not a problem, if done with restraint.  But when you let the town idiot run it, it can be a problem.  Celebrations are great, but I think if you are going to have the almighty horn, do it at home.  There is nothing more intimidating than a team going into your home field and there is the almighty horn to greet them.  On the road?  Leave it at home, especially if it is electrically powered...Come on, using the juice at the visitor's field?  Also, when asked to unplug it, it's their electricity you are using, not your own.  When the board member asked that the horn use be restricted, he was well within his rights as a board member.  When the person running the horn didn't, he unplugged the horn, again, well within his right as a board member.  Cutting the cord?  While a drastic measure, it still falls within his job as a board member, if he followed the first 2 steps. 

My team?  The Battlin' Bears...so you can't say that the complaint about the horn is because we "lost"...
[/quote]I just love that you are sportin my college attended logo. Love those Miners!

[quote name="indian15/16" post="683040" timestamp="1256228899"]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=60893.msg682983#msg682983 date=1256226174]

[/quote]I just love that you are sportin my college attended logo. Love those Miners!

Cool...are you originally from El Paso?  YHS Class of '77 here..."Once an Indian, Always an Indian"
[/quote]

[quote name="elhector1" post="683044" timestamp="1256229270"]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=60893.msg683040#msg683040 date=1256228899]

Cool...are you originally from El Paso?  YHS Class of '77 here..."Once an Indian, Always an Indian"
[/quote]
[/quote]No. Born and raised in Cleveland, TX. Went there to play golf for the Miners in the early 90's. Had a great time but haven't been been back for awhile now. Still follow the programs as a fan though.

[quote name="indian15/16" post="683236" timestamp="1256241536"]
[quote author=elhector1 link=topic=60893.msg683044#msg683044 date=1256229270]
[quote author=indian15/16 link=topic=60893.msg683040#msg683040 date=1256228899]

[/quote]
[/quote]No. Born and raised in Cleveland, TX. Went there to play golf for the Miners in the early 90's. Had a great time but haven't been been back for awhile now. Still follow the programs as a fan though.
[/quote]

Cool...did you ever go across the border to Juarez?  It's too dangerous now...1600 murders as of the end of August...

I went to UTEP in the late 80s...follow them the same way...

gettin' back to the thread...

I understand fan support...I came from a tradition that was full of spirit, and in many places that I have seen, there isn't that sense of school spirit...but where do you cross the line from school spirit to downright obnoxious?  My middle kid played baseball, and when we went to Nederland, after a good play, they would do the "dog bark", and sometimes they would go just a liiiitttle too long with it...so when we started slapping the ball and scoring runs, I would do the "yip yip yip" of a hurt dog...we both irritated each other, but that is only using our voices...a horn?  That's ear busting loud, and great after touchdowns, like Texas' cannon after a score...but it loses it's effectiveness if it's overused...

Check your address.. You live in East Texas... Everybody has a horn.. Quit crying, and play defense. Bad sportsmanship is crying everytime your kid gets tackled. I seriously doubt if coach Barbay is worried about a horn.. He probably has bigger things to think about like blocking and tackling.

I Do have a solution..
This saturday Shepherd and Cleveland needs to meet up in the Sun Dance Parking Lot and settle this once and for all.

Let me know who wins!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="683651" timestamp="1256302158"]
Check your address.. You live in East Texas... Everybody has a horn.. Quit crying, and play defense. Bad sportsmanship is crying everytime your kid gets tackled. I seriously doubt if coach Barbay is worried about a horn.. He probably has bigger things to think about like blocking and tackling.

I Do have a solution..
This saturday Shepherd and Cleveland needs to meet up in the Sun Dance Parking Lot and settle this once and for all.

Let me know who wins!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

hmmmm...if you read all of my post, you see that I am an LCM fan...and we BEAT Cleveland...so your defense comment...back at ya...

and Shepherd and Cleveland in the Sun Dance parking lot...whatever that is...shows you don't have an argument...you also see that I am not against using a horn, but against it's OVERUSE

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="683691" timestamp="1256305072"]
I'm talking Cleveland v sheepherd here. I DONT CARE ABOUT LCM!!! If you dont know about coldspring road, or Bowen Loop, or Joy Juice I dont want to here your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

What do you know Einstein is back.  8)

AM confused about a few things.
#1 why does Huffman have a big huge stadium and they look like they are going to miss the playoffs????
#2 How big of a crybaby do you have to be to cut a cord on a horn because your getting 60 put on you and You dont like it??
Not trash talking Huffman just honestly wondering.
AM Trash Talking Shepherd.

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="683719" timestamp="1256306717"]
AM confused about a few things.
#1 why does Huffman have a big huge stadium and they look like they are going to miss the playoffs????
#2 How big of a crybaby do you have to be to cut a cord on a horn because your getting 60 put on you and You dont like it??
Not trash talking Huffman just honestly wondering.
AM Trash Talking Shepherd.
[/quote]

Why are you using a school computer  talking  noise?

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="683732" timestamp="1256307681"]
why are you????
Why did you change your post????
[/quote]

Because I can and am not on a skewl computer actually on number six @ Wildcat Golf Course. Make it a great day Gorilla.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83