*Cleveland vs. Shepherd Updates...55-21 Cleveland Wins/Comments*

Guest stilljacked

I'm pretty sure the Indians are focused on the Trojans FOOTBALLFAN!  And anyone who was at the game with two eyes could clearly see that the personal foul calls on hitting the qb were flags that kept those pittyful pirate drives alive.  My comment was to discredit the REFS in making those calls.  Mainly the one that Jones was rubbing on his back and patting on the rear on the sideline.  Sad but True!!  Too much contact for two grown men!!!     

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PrimeTime

Horn or no horn it's going to take a little more than what Coldsprings has to stop the Tribe. Seriously though it came to the destruction of school property to make him feel better?? Also the band is a part of High School Football, has been for many years. I want to shake the hand of the band director for finally getting involved in the game. Last year he wouldn't play music during the game, only during half time haha. After it was all said and done, Cleveland had a solid victory with alot of support from thier fans and staff. Roll Tribe!!!!!

I don't know if CS can beat Cleveland bc I think the Indians are in the Trojans heads. As far as poor sports they are everywhere bc last year I thought we are going to have to fight our way out of the Shepherd gym. Was not a good night and I have a kid that played and was a ugly scene. Huffman has their village idiots to just like others. Easy to stereotype town or school.

wow all this fuss about a horn!  To set the record straight the horn blower was not rude.  Simply asked the man to plug it back up.  when he refused then the board member came in to play for Cleveland.  Way to go board member!  That's what i call support!  If the coach for shepherd had a problem with the horn then the officials would have said something to the horn blower.  all of you people pointing blame weren't any where near the situation so you can't point fingers when you don't know the whole story.  Keep blowing Cleveland and concentrate on the future.  Any ways, I think the score settles any argument on who's the better football team.  Push forward Indians!! 

Guest falcons

wow all this fuss about a horn!  To set the record straight the horn blower was not rude.  Simply asked the man to plug it back up.  when he refused then the board member came in to play for Cleveland.  Way to go board member!  That's what i call support!  If the coach for shepherd had a problem with the horn then the officials would have said something to the horn blower.  all of you people pointing blame weren't any where near the situation so you can't point fingers when you don't know the whole story.  Keep blowing Cleveland and concentrate on the future.  Any ways, I think the score settles any argument on who's the better football team.  Push forward Indians!!  

fuss is that it gets on peoples nerves.

Guest falcons

Get over it people the horn is all about good sportsmanship.  Even if the Indians lose, the horn blows!

good lets pipe it down your ear and see how you feel.  8)

Guest PrimeTime

Show me some one who has a problem with the horn and I'll show you someone who Cleveland has beaten. It isn't hard to notice a bitter opponent that has failed to derail the Indians from rolling on, just look for someone who complains about something like a horn being blown....

Show me some one who has a problem with the horn and I'll show you someone who Cleveland has beaten. It isn't hard to notice a bitter opponent that has failed to derail the Indians from rolling on, just look for someone who complains about something like a horn being blown....

Think yall can beat Silsbee?

Guest PrimeTime

Fact is that if Huffman makes playoffs they will play big school which puts them in there with Silsbee. So the hope for a miracle is what is on some Indians minds. But I can promise the Indians aren't going to back down from anyone, be it Silsbee, or whoever. That team wants to beat any one that lines up in front of them. I'm not going to mAke a prediction on Silsbee until the time comes. Still have a district championship to win...

Fact is that if Huffman makes playoffs they will play big school which puts them in there with Silsbee. So the hope for a miracle is what is on some Indians minds. But I can promise the Indians aren't going to back down from anyone, be it Silsbee, or whoever. That team wants to beat any one that lines up in front of them. I'm not going to mAke a prediction on Silsbee until the time comes. Still have a district championship to win...

Good post and hopefully Huffman gets in just wish did not a week or and chew on that loss to Liberty. Good luck to the Indians.

Enough about the horn already. Lets focus on what happened inside the chalk lines. Well there is not much to talk about there either. Cleveland rolled into town and blew out something besides a horn, the Shepherd Pirates! The game actually had less drama than I thought it would. I said that coach Jones should keep his boy in a bubble and the dude did. I don't think I have every seen a coach play a ref like a puppet like that man can. That line judge had to replace his flag at halftime due to overuse. Guess what, didn't matter. Can't wait to see what off the field antics Shepherd will be able to claim scoreboard on next week because,  they can't claim any on the field.

Get over it people the horn is all about good sportsmanship.  Even if the Indians lose, the horn blows!

good lets pipe it down your ear and see how you feel.  8)

Dude, sounds like your still crying over Cleveland giving Huffman a good ole fashion beat down, fact is, CLEVELAND is the better team.

And the latest on the Shepherd Board Member is, SISD has asked him to step down, board members have a code of ethics that they have to follow also, and, he also brought a knife to a on campus event, this dude must be real proud of himself, what a way to set an example for the kids of Shepherd.  :o

And the latest on the Shepherd Board Member is, SISD has asked him to step down, board members have a code of ethics that they have to follow also, and, he also brought a knife to a on campus event, this dude must be real proud of himself, what a way to set an example for the kids of Shepherd.  :o

I tell you for a fact that know one has asked him to step down nor will he! I don't know where you are getting your information from but it is wrong!  The last time I checked you could have a knife in the consession stand!  Gosh we may have to fire the band boosters for having weapons!  Your not to bright C-Town!  Why do you even care you have your on foul mouthed board member to worry about!!  Move on! Nobody cares!

I tell you for a fact that know one has asked him to step down nor will he! I don't know where you are getting your information from but it is wrong!  The last time I checked you could have a knife in the consession stand!  Gosh we may have to fire the band boosters for having weapons!  Your not to bright C-Town!  Why do you even care you have your on foul mouthed board member to worry about!!  Move on! Nobody cares!

Hey Shepherd looser, I got it straight from your A.D., and your right crack head, you can have a knife in the concession stand, BUT you cant go and get one and decide to start cutting up something that doesnt belong to you, thats a crime, and the last time i checked it wasnt a crime to speak your mind, once again a wanna be nobody tryin to stand up for a loser who committed a crime.

Hey Shepherd looser, I got it straight from your A.D., and your right crack head, you can have a knife in the concession stand, BUT you cant go and get one and decide to start cutting up something that doesnt belong to you, thats a crime, and the last time i checked it wasnt a crime to speak your mind, once again a wanna be nobody tryin to stand up for a loser who committed a crime.

Gosh you sure do get upset easy!  The last time I checked the AD doesn't make decisions like that either!  I agree he shouldn't have cut the cord but you guys where using someone else electricity!  When asked to stop may Cleveland should have just stopped!  What are the rules on air horns any way.  I don't think they are supposed to be used!  Crack head!! thatS good one! Are you even old enough to be on here!

I got a generator  ;D and as far as the air horns, I believe as long as it's a open stadium you can blow them! Some of them marine air horns in a can are just as loud! and hey no cord needed ;D

I can only imagine how many air horns will be in the stands against Shepherd next year after all of this!

Everyone wants to keep saying how it was "bad Sportsmanship" and a "bad example" for the kids. What about Clevelands Sportsmanship, or lack of???? Was it good sportsmanship for them to continuously blow an obnoxious horn the ENTIRE game?? Had nothing to do with who was winning or losing it was just in poor taste to continue rubbing in another teams face when you know they have lost the game. Wasn't at the game nor am I a fan of either team but was told that Cleveland did ruff the QB pretty bad. Hitting in the back after out of bounds and face mask so hard his helmet came off?? Seems to me they deserved the penalties. Just the opinion of a nonbias onlooker.

No one has a problem with the horn for touchdowns.  When the coach calls a time out and the horn lady lays on the horn while the coach (teacher) is trying to discuss and teach his students (players), that is just being obnoxious.  When the horned one lays on the horn when the opponent's quarterback comes up to the line to call his signals, that is just plain unsportmanlike.  Just like the call against Cleveland for for unsportsmanlike conduct for the Cleveland defender hitting the qback from behind AFTER he was out of bounds.  Before you mouth off about sore loser, Cleveland is my alma mater and I was a varsity cheerleader at cleveland.  I just call it like I see it.  

As for the aspect of the school board member silencing the horn, maybe he was trying to protect the abilty of the teacher and student to communicate.

Education Code

Sec. 37.124.  DISRUPTION OF CLASSES.  (a)  A person commits an offense if the person, on school property or on public property within 500 feet of school property, alone or in concert with others, intentionally disrupts the conduct of classes or other school activities.

(B)  An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor.

©  In this section:

(1)  "Disrupting the conduct of classes or other school activities" includes:

(A)  emitting noise of an intensity that prevents or hinders classroom instruction;

the horn lady may need an attorney

Stephen

Guest PrimeTime

To honestly compare the two events is ludacris... A classroom? A football field? Seriously? What occurs on a football field everyday that isn't allowed in a classroom? Cursing, fighting, demeaning words, and loud noises that obstruct focus!!!!!! You sir need to rethink your arguement. I have never heard of anyone being to jail for being to loud at a football game. All across the nation being loud at a sporting event such as football is encouraged. Furthermore if you are trying to teach something during a game it is already to late. I'm sorry but you need to go somewhere else with that!!!   

My son is in athletics.  The coach is listed as his teacher.  The locker room is listed as his classroom.  He is graded for his participation.  The game is to the athletics class as the lab is to the biology class.  The law plainly states "class or OTHER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES"

Your contention that the students need to know all they need by game time falls flat as an argument.  Education continues.  Unique situations arise in the game and are often the first encounter by these students and the impetus for calling the time out.  The coach has often encountered them before and is trying to use the time out as a teaching moment.  When the horned one disrupts this, according to the law, it is a violation.

You may not like that but it is quite evident as a fact. 

Let me reitterate that no one objects to the horn for touchdowns.  It is the incessant use as a distraction to prevent communication between the teacher and his students and the qback and the team that is unsportsmanlike and apparently illegal. 

Stephen

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder