Is Evadale overated????

Dawg Fan

yes evadale is one of the most overrated tems in 1a they may be undefeated they havent played anyone yet and burkeville could have beaten them but they had to play them in the rain

You bring up a good point...it rained buckets on the Stangs but I noticed that the Rebs uniforms were completely dry.  I don't know how coach Will does it but hats off to him for keeping the rain on the Bville side of the line of scrimmage all night.    ??? ??? ???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evadale is a solid club and the best in the district this year but they are followed close by colmisniel, but their pre district games were against sub par teams and the district this year is down probably the worst this district has been in a while but i don't think that ppl on this board not even evadale ppl are making them out to be state bound or anythink like HD 55 was doing with his bobcats. to me the evadale ppl on this board are very supportive and are just glad to have a good solid club that is fun to watch. they aren't making them out to be world beaters or anything.

Evadale is sooooooo not overrated, they are not given the credit they deserve half the time.

They are hard working, talented kids who get where they are because they WORK for it, nothing is EVER just handed to them.

Not taking anything away from the other 23A schools, but for you to ask that question show how little class you actually have.

I have made comments being sarcastic, but I have gone back and said I would eat my words too, but you are just JEALOUS or something.

Rebel Pride will continue to impress you and give you more and more to talk about.    :D

Guest checkmate

LMAO.noone is jealous of Evadale dude..they are having a good year..but it is true..they do play in the weakest district in 1A Texas...if they played in Tenaha/Joaquin....or Lovelady/Groveton district ....honestly..do you think they would be undefeated right now? When the Rebels beat a good team then they will get respect from everyone...until then, the Rebels need to enjoy their success, quit bragging on this site, and get ready for the playoffs when they will face some real competition. I will be the first to eat my words when that happens...if that happens. Time will tell.

LMAO.noone is jealous of Evadale dude..they are having a good year..but it is true..they do play in the weakest district in 1A Texas...if they played in Tenaha/Joaquin....or Lovelady/Groveton district ....honestly..do you think they would be undefeated right now? When the Rebels beat a good team then they will get respect from everyone...until then, the Rebels need to enjoy their success, quit bragging on this site, and get ready for the playoffs when they will face some real competition. I will be the first to eat my words when that happens...if that happens. Time will tell.

why? that's what's this site is all about. good luck rebs. until you lose your still undefeated. other teams tend too play there best against undefeated teams. jmo

i dont be leave they will beat colmesneil this year and dont get me wrong them rebs are a good team but i dont see them taking that title this year it will be the bulldogs this year

I sure hope your wrong BUT  still we have 2 teams to worry about before then

Who is those 2 teams??

West Hardin and Chester

the rebels seem to play to the level of their competition the first game they played a team that beat them

up pretty bad last year and they took them (deweyville) to the cleaners this year i know deweyville is down this year

but they played their rear ends off in that game  they have played beneath themselves ever since

they scrimmaged colmesniel at the first of the year and  beat them but it sounds like the bulldogs took it to heart

they did have speed but the Rebels defence was tuff enough to hold them to no scores

I'm certainly not the official spokesman for the Evadale Rebels, but I'm pretty sure they don't care if anyone respects em or not.  They just strap it on every Friday night and play ball.  No one from Evadale started this thread.  You don't have to love em hate or respect em...I don't think they care!!

Keep playing boys, You're still the depending District Champs and all you've been doing is beating every team that suits up against you, not too bad!!!  Are you overrated?  Who cares!!!  Beat the West Hardin Oilers (whom I respect) this Friday night and let the rest worry about whatever it is they worry about!!!

yes evadale is one of the most overrated tems in 1a they may be undefeated they havent played anyone yet and burkeville could have beaten them but they had to play them in the rain

How are they overrated?  Are you blaming the Rebels fan?  Come on.....we're parents and friends who support our kids because we're really proud of how hard they've worked and how much it is paying off for them.  If you are blaming us for being good fans to our kids.  We appreciate the endictment. We play in the district we are assigned.

Can't do anything about it being the weakest district in the state as some have said.  Which sounds like a pretty bad assessment of their own teams.  Evadale had to play in the same rain Burkeville did.  We played with the same refs as High Island.  Yet they have week in and week out beat every team they have come up against.  7 and 0,  when was the last time your team was there?  Been a while hasn't it.  Keep up the good work boys.

:D

For the dude who said we need to get off this sight and quit bragging, or whatever it was he said if you don't like it then you need to find another playground to run to.

This sight is for everyone to express their opions and to have a good time. 

The Rebels have dominated this year and for you to imply that they are JUST in a weak district is bad judgement on your part.

We (23A district) have no business being judged according to the other district because right now we are still in DISTRICT play.  ONce district is over then you can compare to Tenaha and such but for now you need to stick with what the reality is and right now the Rebels are on top, and a close Colmesneil behind them.

I'm certainly not the official spokesman for the Evadale Rebels, but I'm pretty sure they don't care if anyone respects em or not.  They just strap it on every Friday night and play ball.  No one from Evadale started this thread.  You don't have to love em hate or respect em...I don't think they care!!

Keep playing boys, You're still the depending District Champs and all you've been doing is beating every team that suits up against you, not too bad!!!  Are you overrated?  Who cares!!!  Beat the West Hardin Oilers (whom I respect) this Friday night and let the rest worry about whatever it is they worry about!!!

I agree MO, these haters come on here talking about how we are in the "weakest district", but aren't you guys in our district as well? I also believe that you have went home with your heads down to, we in Evadale have showed nothing but respect to every team we have faced thus far, that gives us the same respect, and will continue to do so. The person who started this thread is a scared little boy from Chester that most likely is the water boy. I think Evadale is underrated by the poor folks that they have already whooped. Keep flapping your gums, it is fuel for the fire baby..... ;D

How are they overrated?  Are you blaming the Rebels fan?  Come on.....we're parents and friends who support our kids because we're really proud of how hard they've worked and how much it is paying off for them.  If you are blaming us for being good fans to our kids.  We appreciate the endictment. We play in the district we are assigned.

Can't do anything about it being the weakest district in the state as some have said.  Which sounds like a pretty bad assessment of their own teams.   Evadale had to play in the same rain Burkeville did.  We played with the same refs as High Island.  Yet they have week in and week out beat every team they have come up against.  7 and 0,  when was the last time your team was there?  Been a while hasn't it.   Keep up the good work boys.

Other than the little ref jab at HI  ;)(I have already said something to that in another post though), I agree. Evadale is (obviously) a well coached, well trained football team. Now that the HI game is done, I think it would be awesome for Evadale to go completely undefeated. As far as the weakest district in the state, I am so sick of hearing that. Especially from fans/players that are in 23A!! Even if there was an ounce of truth to that, who cares! Evadale already has proven for the last 7 weeks that they are the strongest team in this district. Keep up the good work Rebels!! You deserve nothing but praise! Having said that though, I have to say:

GO CARDINALS!!!

Does Anybody else think that evadale is overrated???

Yes, I think is Evadale is very overrated.. Yes they did win against Burkeville, but only because Burkeville had to make serious line adjustments that put them at a disadvantage. I not making excuses for Burkeville , just stating facts. For example, the starting senior quarterback had to play another position, while the freshman quarterback had to fill his spot. Those are big adjustments,offensively, that can cost you, especially in the type of weather they had to play in. I have another question, If Evadale is so great and not overrated, Why is it they lose in the first round of the playoffs? At least Burkeville, when winning has at least made it to round two or three every time.. That's because Burkeville was a very solid ball club, and NEVER OVERRATED!!! We had few shaky years, but be assured the Stangs, are back and on the rise.. Go Mustangs!!!

Yes, I think is Evadale is very overrated.. Yes they did win against Burkeville, but only because Burkeville had to make serious line adjustments that put them at a disadvantage. I not making excuses for Burkeville , just stating facts. For example, the starting senior quarterback had to play another position, while the freshman quarterback had to fill his spot. Those are big adjustments,offensively, that can cost you, especially in the type of weather they had to play in. I have another question, If Evadale is so great and not overrated, Why is it they lose in the first round of the playoffs? At least Burkeville, when winning has at least made it to round two or three every time.. That's because Burkeville was a very solid ball club, and NEVER OVERRATED!!! We had few shaky years, but be assured the Stangs, are back and on the rise.. Go Mustangs!!!

If Evadale is overated what does that make Burkeville??  A has been!! Sure y'all are on the rise, but right now it is Evadale time in the sun.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I dont think Evadale is overrated..they are a solid team for the district we are all in..just like I dont think Burkeville is a "has been" (and its hard to find a program in SETX at the 1A level with a better history than the Stangs)...true we have had a few down years, but things are looking very bright for the future. I wish the Rebels good luck in the playoffs.

[quote name="83_Alumni" post="682361" timestamp="1256154121"]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682221#msg682221 date=1256144524]
[quote author=Dawg Fan link=topic=60875.msg676710#msg676710 date=1255703117]
[/quote]

[/quote]

if Evadale is overated what does that make Burkeville??  A has been!! Sure y'all are on the rise, but right now it is Evadale time in the sun.
[/quote]
Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball...

[quote name="MUSTANGPRIDE" post="682925" timestamp="1256221858"]
[quote author=83_Alumni link=topic=60875.msg682361#msg682361 date=1256154121]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682221#msg682221 date=1256144524]
[/quote]

[/quote]

if Evadale is overated what does that make Burkeville??  A has been!! Sure y'all are on the rise, but right now it is Evadale time in the sun.
[/quote]
Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball...
[/quote]So, the Stangs will playing [b]what sport [/b] the week before that?  You guys kill me!  It's ignorant to trash a team that you've already lost to, absolutely ignorant.  Nobody from Evadale is making BOLD playoff predictions, they're just playing who ever lines up against them each week.

[quote name="whambulance" post="683064" timestamp="1256230934"]
[quote author=MUSTANGPRIDE link=topic=60875.msg682925#msg682925 date=1256221858]
[quote author=83_Alumni link=topic=60875.msg682361#msg682361 date=1256154121]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Evadale sun now but the rain is coming lets say the week of November 13,2009. First playoff game they will be out...  First round as always, so much for being so solid... They will be playing basketball...
[/quote]So, the Stangs will playing [b]what sport [/b] the week before that?  You guys kill me!  It's ignorant to trash a team that you've already lost to, absolutely ignorant.  Nobody from Evadale is making BOLD playoff predictions, they're just playing who ever lines up against them each week.
[/quote]
Nobody was trashing Evadale's team.. A question was ask, and an answer was given.. This is a forum for discussion of topics. People do have differences of opinions. You may think this team is not overrated, I happen to think that they are.. That's my opinion... whether Evadale's fans or other people like it or not... Alot people may think alot of things about Burkeville or any other school, and you are entitled to your own opinion. Your opinion doesn't influence anyone one way or the other..it just that "your opinion". And to answer the question what sport will Burkeville be playing the week before that- the answer is FOOTBALL.. check your schedules!!! GO MUSTANGS!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83