JARVIS BENARD- from little ole 3-a HJ and a weak region

Guest stevenash

To prove my point I will go to the History books..  I will keep it within the last ten or so years.  Let's see what the greats in 3A in this area have done.  It is basically two small schools that rule this area when it comes to playing college ball. I already done Spears.  I will save the best two for last.  The Handcocks because they were so many.  They were all average players to glue guys on a midmajor D1 team. (proved my point) Ashton Hall great 3A player (has been a glue guy, might be an Average player now)  Lousi Arline was an average player at a midmajor D-1 and was all-star in high school.  Netherly at WOS was great in high school, but where is he now?  The HJ kids (good coaching goes a long way in high school) go on to play football or Junco, but D1 is a little out of reach.  

The Best two were Thadeous Holden and Trey Peters.  Thad and Lou really don't count because they were 4A at the time.  But Silsbee counts as a small school town.  Thad was the better of the two and became a pillar on a D1 Tennessee program.  He looked like a star at LU.  But the level changes in the SEC and he became a glue guy and starting PG.  Trey Peters had all the tools and the height but he did not have the drive to play college ball. He was the best shoot and had the most pure game with usable talents at a big time D1..  Most likely though he would have been average at best.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="I-CAN-PLAY" post="683171" timestamp="1256237597"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=60782.msg683111#msg683111 date=1256234055]
[quote author=I-CAN-PLAY link=topic=60782.msg683091#msg683091 date=1256232791]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=60782.msg682935#msg682935 date=1256222636]
You just have to have been on here a while to understand the title!!!!! :D :D
[/quote]

OH OK  ;) I don't know the history, I have been reading for a bit off and on though.  I guess it was more behind the title than I know.   All I am saying is that at time some people have unrealistic ideas about high schiool players and thier translation to college.
[/quote]

Learn "transition."  It's a better word.
[/quote]

Transition: movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change:
Translation: a function obtained from a given function by adding the same constant to each value of the variable of the given function
Superimpose: to impose, place, or set over, above, or on something else.

I used the word I wanted to.  As you read above the mathematical definition of [b]translate[/b] is what I was trying to imply.  The function is college basketball. The constant is Benards Game!  The variable is the different levels of college basketball.  I am not talking about his passage into college game from the high school game. *sorry* I could try saying it this way!  "I am talking about taking his skill set and [b]superimposing[/b] it onto the different levels of college ball." But I do not think that [b]transition[/b] is the proper word for what I am explaining!

Thank you for your concern anyway little buddy!

On another note this is a message board not an English exam.  I will probably misspell words, speak improper English, use acronyms, and paraphrase quite a bit.  So I hope you have fun correcting me!
[/quote]

Well, SCUZE me.  Aren't we a little sensitive today. :o

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="underdog" post="704457" timestamp="1257978279"]
I don't think unrealistic ideas were mentioned, the post just states that he had a good first  game.  Way to go Jarvis, we"ll miss you at H J this year.
[/quote]Yes we will. But little bro will be coming up in a few

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83