Kirbyville Out Of Top Ten Poll.

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Guest ~old_wildcat~

I Know Polls don't win football games,I just read the beaumont enterprise and Kirbyville has been replaced by Godley..WOS is also out...Kirbyville was the only 2A state ranked team with 2 losses..

Guest ~old_wildcat~

yes mam,As I Said Polls And The People Who Write Them Are Not On The Playing Field,The Polls Say What A Team Should Do..Not What They Will Do..What's On The score Board When The Game's Over Is All That Really Matters....Good Luck To The Eagles On The Rest Of The Season..

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Thanks For Your Input,But IMO Iv'e Learned Over The Many Years The Good Lord Has Given Me..To Never Say That One Certain Team Cannot Be Beaten By Another One...Iv'e Ate CROW Every Way You Can Fix It....We Can Predict What Should Happen,But To Make It A Certainty....Wellllllll  It's Still Football,And Lot's Of Things Can Happen... Good Luck Anways...

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

Kirbyville will lose to Newton and Anahuac this season!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lmao thats the funniest thing i have ever heard Kirbyville losing to Newton is possible Anahuac is simply someone that doesent watch football

Newton yes Ana no CC more than likely

Who knows what will happen, let's cross that bridge when we get to it.  But I will say this...this years Panther squad would've played last years wildcat squad a better game @ LCM - we still wouldn't have won the game, but it would have been closer - probably fewer onside kicks on our part??  I'm still baffled by that?? ??? 

Underestimate the Panthers all you want, and if you do get by CC don't think for one second you won't have your hands full in the area round - just saying it won't be a cake walk for you guys!

Oh that's right, I'm sorry.  You guys wont lose to Anahuac because you'll never beat Corrigan Camden. 

Man you must have fell on your head. If anything Anahuac don't want to see Corrigan. Kirbyville have dominated Corrigan everytime we played them and it won't be any different this year. You guys loss to a unkown private school and thinking you gonna whoop Kirbyville....get real!!!

Top 10 polls don't win you games, and I bet Alvarez and company could care less.  Its mainly for the fans and community to brag about.

I guarantee you Kirbyville will still be playing when it counts.  Like last year, Kvile and Newton will represent SE Texas deep in the playoffs while everyone else is in offseason.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17

we will never beat anahuac lol and im sure east chambers will never beat anahuac either btw who won that game anyway  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Newton will beat Kirbyville.

Carthage will beat Jasper.

Polls don't mean anything. And, as long as Kirbyville and Jasper take care of everyone else in their districts, neither do their respective games against Newton and Carthage as they won't have any bearing in playoff seeding. Let's concentrate on bringing home championships to Jasper County.

[quote name="CLASS of 2011" post="679976" timestamp="1255915785"]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=60733.msg674315#msg674315 date=1255477314]
[/quote]kirbyville lost to wos and jasper newton hasn't played either one they padded their pre-district but come november 6 the real team (kirbyville) will WIN
[/quote]

no... and not dragging down the improvements in Kville's program... But Newton is known in south east texas as a legit state contender year in/ year out and they face the problem of many schools not wanting to schedule them.  Barbay and his staff struggle and beg teams to take the field with them, but what 3A or 4A team wants to get embarrassed by a 2A squad.  And dont get me wrong, i support Kirbyville 100%, but when the schedules were made the last time the larger schools probably felt more comfortable playing Kirbyville than Newton.  It is a problem Kirbyville will definitely face when they try to put a schedule together this next year, because NOW people know they are for real.  Other schools now know Kirbyville has a good program that will be tough every year.  This post is not to put Kirbyville down, but rather to tell CLASS of 2011 that Barbay is never scared to play anyone, so you are ignorant in saying Newton "padded their schedule."  I imagine coach barbay would schedule Port Authur and West Brook if they would agree to it.

[quote name="Headliner1" post="682782" timestamp="1256185456"]
[quote author=CLASS of 2011 link=topic=60733.msg679976#msg679976 date=1255915785]
[quote author=Rebel4Christ link=topic=60733.msg674315#msg674315 date=1255477314]
[/quote]kirbyville lost to wos and jasper newton hasn't played either one they padded their pre-district but come november 6 the real team (kirbyville) will WIN
[/quote]

no... and not dragging down the improvements in Kville's program... But Newton is known in south east texas as a legit state contender year in/ year out and they face the problem of many schools not wanting to schedule them.  Barbay and his staff struggle and beg teams to take the field with them, but what 3A or 4A team wants to get embarrassed by a 2A squad.  And dont get me wrong, i support Kirbyville 100%, but when the schedules were made the last time the larger schools probably felt more comfortable playing Kirbyville than Newton.  It is a problem Kirbyville will definitely face when they try to put a schedule together this next year, because NOW people know they are for real.  Other schools now know Kirbyville has a good program that will be tough every year.  This post is not to put Kirbyville down, but rather to tell CLASS of 2011 that Barbay is never scared to play anyone, so you are ignorant in saying Newton "padded their schedule."  I imagine coach barbay would schedule Port Authur and West Brook if they would agree to it.
[/quote]
i think this statement is ignorant!!!! Are you trying to tell me that jasper, wos, cleveland, carthage, and gilmer are 3A teams to scared to schedule newton? because they might lose?

[quote name="Headliner1" post="682782" timestamp="1256185456"]
[quote author=CLASS of 2011 link=topic=60733.msg679976#msg679976 date=1255915785]
[/quote]

no... and not dragging down the improvements in Kville's program... But Newton is known in south east texas as a legit state contender year in/ year out and they face the problem of many schools not wanting to schedule them.  Barbay and his staff struggle and beg teams to take thedi field with them, but what 3A or 4A team wants to get embarrassed by a 2A squad.  And dont get me wrong, i support Kirbyville 100%, but when the schedules were made the last time the larger schools probably felt more comfortable playing Kirbyville than Newton.  It is a problem Kirbyville will definitely face when they try to put a schedule together this next year, because NOW people know they are for real.  Other schools now know Kirbyville has a good program that will be tough every year.  This post is not to put Kirbyville down, but rather to tell CLASS of 2011 that Barbay is never scared to play anyone, so you are ignorant in saying Newton "padded their schedule."  I imagine coach barbay would schedule Port Authur and West Brook if they would agree to it.
[/quote]
U make a great point I remember about 5 yrs ago when Newton was in 3a they played WOS PNG and Lincoln FIRST 3 GAMES For Years barbay has played a tougher schedule than anyone in the southeast Texas, and playing 3 pretty good 3a Teams and two good 2a teams is not a padded predistrict schedule. It will take Kville a few years of success before they receive the respect that Newton gets around the State..... Come on one district championship in 30 years and everyone allready crowning Kville district champs this year. Newton has many district championships two many to count.

[quote name="Kville99" post="683323" timestamp="1256249480"]
[quote author=Headliner1 link=topic=60733.msg682782#msg682782 date=1256185456]
[/quote]

no... and not dragging down the improvements in Kville's program... But Newton is known in south east texas as a legit state contender year in/ year out and they face the problem of many schools not wanting to schedule them.  Barbay and his staff struggle and beg teams to take the field with them, but what 3A or 4A team wants to get embarrassed by a 2A squad.  And dont get me wrong, i support Kirbyville 100%, but when the schedules were made the last time the larger schools probably felt more comfortable playing Kirbyville than Newton.  It is a problem Kirbyville will definitely face when they try to put a schedule together this next year, because NOW people know they are for real.  Other schools now know Kirbyville has a good program that will be tough every year.  This post is not to put Kirbyville down, but rather to tell CLASS of 2011 that Barbay is never scared to play anyone, so you are ignorant in saying Newton "padded their schedule."  I imagine coach barbay would schedule Port Authur and West Brook if they would agree to it.
[/quote]
i think this statement is ignorant!!!! Are you trying to tell me that jasper, wos, cleveland, carthage, and gilmer are 3A teams to scared to schedule newton? because they might lose?
[/quote] Yep we have beat Cleveland and Carthage 2 years ago and cleveland 3 years ago a several times in a row before that. Gilmer is two far away and we haven't played Wos since the hurricanes hooks thinks it bad luck we tried to schedule WOS this year Hooks said no go, Newton has had a hard time finding good oppents for the past 7 years. That what kind of respect you earn when u win for so many years in a row something like 3 decades. Oh yeah and Jasper we beat them 3 yrs in a row before the 2008 season when we had to quit playing because of so much fighting after games.

[quote name="Kville99" post="683334" timestamp="1256250052"]
well that's funny you mention that because most schedule changes only happen every other year, i think someone is full of ........ ;D
[/quote] schedules will change next year, so will realignment. Newton had the same schedule last year so did Kville and Jasper.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder