Bmt. Isd sports complex

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange

My question is why build it to begin with? It won't be a playoff spot because it is not in a neutral site. I guess if you get Port Neches and Nederland to play their annual game there you can get some of your money out of it. Beaumont schools will never fill this stadium. Waste of tax payers money. It will look pretty right off of IH 10 though. Why not sink money in the school system as a whole. Is the supt of BISD going to take a cut in pay to help pay for this? All that money he makes.

Guest bleed orange

It's a neutral site between east texas teams and houston area teams.

Barbers Hill, Baytown and Pasadena is a neutral site for Houston teams. I hope I am wrong. I just think the money could have been spent more wisely. Think about it, you guys have a nice stadium for a playoff game. How many have been played there? Not many are played in southeast Texas.

My question is why build it to begin with? It won't be a playoff spot because it is not in a neutral site. I guess if you get Port Neches and Nederland to play their annual game there you can get some of your money out of it. Beaumont schools will never fill this stadium. Waste of tax payers money. It will look pretty right off of IH 10 though. Why not sink money in the school system as a whole. Is the supt of BISD going to take a cut in pay to help pay for this? All that money he makes.

Why should he take a pay cut? would you take one if your job was making improvements. Sometimes districts just need to up grade, have you seen durley stadium.

Guest Silsbee88

They are also building a facility to last Beaumont 30+ years....never know what Beaumont ISD will be by then.  I do not think they built it FOR playoff hopes, they are building the facility for there own use and IF someone wants to play a playoff game there then all the better.

I wish them luck and am very happy for the kids that will be going through those programs.....Enjoy Beaumont ISD, and way to give something all the kids can benefit from.

Guest bleed orange

Why should he take a pay cut? would you take one if your job was making improvements. Sometimes districts just need to up grade, have you seen durley stadium.

WestBrooks school could use a up grade also and so could Central. So could the central girls basketball program, whom by the way has been very successfull the past few years.

Guest bleed orange

They are also building a facility to last Beaumont 30+ years....never know what Beaumont ISD will be by then.  I do not think they built it FOR playoff hopes, they are building the facility for there own use and IF someone wants to play a playoff game there then all the better.

I wish them luck and am very happy for the kids that will be going through those programs.....Enjoy Beaumont ISD, and way to give something all the kids can benefit from.

I hate to disagree with you 88 but how can all the kids benefit from an athletic complex? Didn't you mean just the athlete's. Hey man, I was a athlete myself and athletics prepared me for life. but athletics will only carry you so far. Education is the key in this day and time.

Guest Silsbee88

They are also building a facility to last Beaumont 30+ years....never know what Beaumont ISD will be by then.  I do not think they built it FOR playoff hopes, they are building the facility for there own use and IF someone wants to play a playoff game there then all the better.

I hate to disagree with you 88 but how can all the kids benefit from an athletic complex? Didn't you mean just the athlete's. Hey man, I was a athlete myself and athletics prepared me for life. but athletics will only carry you so far. Education is the key in this day and time.

Come on Orange, I think it goes without saying that the complex will benefit the athletics only, they are also building for the future in the classroom.  Beaumont ISD has made a huge investment in the future of its students.  This thread was not addressing academic needs it was only addressing the athletic complex.  Therefore, I was not dicusssing students as a whole only athletics.  I was an athlete as well and I think that athletics produces a very well round individual, someone cabable of handling alot of lifes problems after high school.  And most in the education field know that this is the only reason you can keep some kids in school.

But if your criteria is that "all' students have to benefit from something, then they might as not build anything. When they build a new science lab, are all students going to use it? The obvious answer is "no". That shouldn't stop it from being built.

Being from Nederland and not caring one way or the other what BISD does, I think this is one of their good moves. Sure you can build it about three miles closer to the city but then it will have the problem of many high school stadiums of being in the middle of the city. They generally have no parking and patrons end up in neighborhood streets and walking for half a mile or more to get to the stadium. For the extra three minute drive it will take to get there on IH-10, more time than that will be saved just on parking spaces close to the stadium.

I don't care if it is used for playoffs or just the BISD teams, it will be a great facility that the citizens of Beaumnt and the students and faculty of BISD can be proud of.

We were getting some when it first opened, but now with the proliferation of field turfs in other locations it's not as attractive to use. Also because the way the bidistrict round is set up most of the jeff. and orange county schools go west not north. I think the bmt stadium will get their share.

Guest Silsbee88

But if your criteria is that "all' students have to benefit from something, then they might as not build anything. When they build a new science lab, are all students going to use it? The obvious answer is "no". That shouldn't stop it from being built.

Being from Nederland and not caring one way or the other what BISD does, I think this is one of their good moves. Sure you can build it about three miles closer to the city but then it will have the problem of many high school stadiums of being in the middle of the city. They generally have no parking and patrons end up in neighborhood streets and walking for half a mile or more to get to the stadium. For the extra three minute drive it will take to get there on IH-10, more time than that will be saved just on parking spaces close to the stadium.

I don't care if it is used for playoffs or just the BISD teams, it will be a great facility that the citizens of Beaumnt and the students and faculty of BISD can be proud of.

Exactly

WestBrooks school could use a up grade also and so could Central. So could the central girls basketball program, whom by the way has been very successfull the past few years.

That's my point, upgrades are needed.

Guest bleed orange

I hope you guys are right. As far as the science lab goes, yes "EVERY kid is required to take some kind of science to graduate high school and college. Hey guys I have a kid who's college is being payed for by athletics's. So I do appreciate it but I am a realistic and know that her future counts on a college degree. Plain and simple. I am done on this subject. BISD can of course do what they want. Good luck, I hope everything works out for the best.

As far as the stadium goes, it's primary use will be to host at least one BISD HS game per week. WB, Central, and Ozen......at least one of them will be playing there per week, sometimes more. As far as playoff games are concerned, from what I understand (at least from a 5A standpoint), there aren't any stadiums locally that could be agreed on by both coaching staffs, that would be acceptable to host a playoff game...i.e, facilities, concessions, and occupancy. With this new stadium, all those requirements will be met, and then some. I can assure you, this stadium will host some playoff games.

As far as the stadium goes, it's primary use will be to host at least one BISD HS game per week. WB, Central, and Ozen......at least one of them will be playing there per week, sometimes more. As far as playoff games are concerned, from what I understand (at least from a 5A standpoint), there aren't any stadiums locally that could be agreed on by both coaching staffs, that would be acceptable to host a playoff game...i.e, facilities, concessions, and occupancy. With this new stadium, all those requirements will be met, and then some. I can assure you, this stadium will host some playoff games.

Oh I'm sure teams would pick this site to even the odds of and out of town foe. And it will be a site others would want to just see. It's going to be a beautiful facility.

This Stadium will be awesome.  I believe the kids have deserved to play in a stadium that they can call 'home'.  I didn't really care about the stadium being that far out, but ohh well.  It will be up and running next year.  Also, it seems that the new stadium don't sit well with others around the area, so they find reasons that it will not be a good idea...  You can feel free to drop by and check it out for yourself...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124