Bmt. Isd sports complex

All I'm saying is surely there's a more central location. Its probably 15 mins from all 3 schools not counting traffic. Its gonna be massive though I can already see that.

Ozen's the closest being on Fannett Road.  West Brook is next since all they have to do is come straight down Major.  Central is the furthest but not by much.  All within 15 minutes.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I'm saying is surely there's a more central location. Its probably 15 mins from all 3 schools not counting traffic. Its gonna be massive though I can already see that.

Ozen's the closest being on Fannett Road.  West Brook is next since all they have to do is come straight down Major.  Central is the furthest but not by much.  All within 15 minutes.....

More traffic on I-10 and Friday nights...sheez!

Just a question.  Why is it that only people not from Beaumont always have little smart remarks and stuff about the BISD Superintendent?  Let that man be.  Everytime a subject comes up about BISD, there is somebody that comes in and have jokes about how much money he makes.  Makes it sound like jealousy...

i'm jealous of his money but not his job. too much heat in that kitchen. beaumont politics are something else. i think he deserves what he gets paid. he hasn't taken a raise for a while. i say if you don't like it, go to school for about ten years, get your doctorate, and apply for the job when it comes open.

Well, people who hate the money C. Thomas makes should look at the vote.  It was either 7-0 or 6-1 by the school board in favor of the raises.  Now I see some mad parents of Sally Curtis wants 2 at large seats on the school board instead of the current set up.  A bunch of whiners I tell ya...

Well, people who hate the money C. Thomas makes should look at the vote.  It was either 7-0 or 6-1 by the school board in favor of the raises.  Now I see some mad parents of Sally Curtis wants 2 at large seats on the school board instead of the current set up.  A bunch of whiners I tell ya...

Yep, peeps hating on the money and not the ability. Lets see what these refinery managers are making. Are they refusing their raises?

Yep, peeps hating on the money and not the ability. Lets see what these refinery managers are making. Are they refusing their raises?

No SIR!!! but we don't put value on education like we do the refinery jobs!  We like to put value in everything else but the education of the children....

"Move your feet if I stepped on your toes!"

Refineries are private, not taxpayer funded. For now, anyway.

My question is why build it to begin with? It won't be a playoff spot because it is not in a neutral site. I guess if you get Port Neches and Nederland to play their annual game there you can get some of your money out of it. Beaumont schools will never fill this stadium. Waste of tax payers money. It will look pretty right off of IH 10 though. Why not sink money in the school system as a whole. Is the supt of BISD going to take a cut in pay to help pay for this? All that money he makes.

3 schools in Beaumont, a 4th is in the planning. Does it make economical sense to use/maintain 1 great stadium or maintain 3 or 4 bad stadiums.

check out

This is the hidden content, please
).jpg

Beaumont getting another high school?

Refineries are private, not taxpayer funded. For now, anyway.

huh? But? I thought? Well? Bush sent hurricane federal aid to the refineries after Katrina and ????

Guest bleed orange

Hey guys just trying to stir the pot a little and it worked. It got this thread some action and there was some positive comments. Got to throw a negative in there every once in a while to keep things unbalanced. I am looking forward to seeing the complex when it is finished. Have a great day everyone. ;D ;D ;D

Just a question.  Why is it that only people not from Beaumont always have little smart remarks and stuff about the BISD Superintendent?  Let that man be.  Everytime a subject comes up about BISD, there is somebody that comes in and have jokes about how much money he makes.  Makes it sound like jealousy...

You tell em Soul! They need to mind their business, and worry about where their tax money is going.

Guest bleed orange

You tell em Soul! They need to mind their business, and worry about where their tax money is going.

One of the best things Beaumont did was move the state fair to the Ford complex.

One of the best things Beaumont did was move the state fair to the Ford complex.

You know what?  You are really trying to get me started, but I won't bite on the bait this time!  ;D ;D

I must admit, your good!

Guest bleed orange

You know what?  You are really trying to get me started, but I won't bite on the bait this time!   ;D ;D

I must admit, your good!

Come on BMT, I was talking about the ground is cement and the parking is better. You have to agree with me on that. I will say this the food was better in the old place. ;D ;D ;D

You know what?  You are really trying to get me started, but I won't bite on the bait this time!   ;D ;D

I must admit, your good!

Come on BMT, I was talking about the ground is cement and the parking is better. You have to agree with me on that. I will say this the food was better in the old place. ;D ;D ;D

Atmosphere wwas better too!!!!  Nothin like a fair in the ghetto!

I must admit, your good!

I never had a problem with parking at the old fair.  My best friend's aunt lives right by the gate.  We used to park there every year without a fee! 

Guest bleed orange

I must admit, your good!

Atmosphere wwas better too!!!!  Nothin like a fair in the ghetto!

I did have more fun when it was by the babe. Of course I was younger then. Let me rephrase my comment. Since they moved the fair to the ford complex it is easier for older people to get around. How is that? ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami