Select Fall Ball Updates

TLB0

The Franchise is 2-3 on the season and 2-1 in their grade.  They went 2-0 in the Fall Classic in Spring this weekend with the Sunday games cancelled due to rain.  Their current strength rating has them 65th out of 268 teams in the nation in their grade.

Gladiator 17's went 3-1 in the Centex BuzzLightning Showcase tournament in Waco this past weekend.  Gladiators were led by solid pitching performances from Taylor Townsend and Dave Conley the first two games.  The 17s lone loss was to the Brazos Valley 18's from College Station area.

Gladiator 18's went 2-2 in the same tournament.  In the first two games of the tournament, the 18's showed their rust by losing both games by 1 run.  Three weeks of rain caught up to them.  On Sunday, the 18's won both games, capped off by a solid hitting performance by Taylor Zummo.  Zummo had 2 home runs and 5 RBIs in the Sunday finale.

Both teams will head back to Waco Nov. 7-8 for the Texas Showcase League World Series, where 28 teams from across Texas and Louisiana will showcase their abilities before a host of scouts.

This is our 1st full year.  We had a 15 and 16U team in the summer and added 17 & 18u in the fall.  We will begin our first full summer of a 15-18 organization this upcoming year.  There are a lot of fine ball players in SE Texas.  We just wanted to give them another option to play.  We are trying to get into as many showcase tournaments as funds will allow, so the kids can get as many opportunities to be seen as possible.  Thanks for asking BC

BC, since it is fall, we have an ever changing roster.  Our website, www.gladiatorbaseball.org shows our players.  However, with football, and other Fall activities, we end up juggling players to field a team each weekend.  Our summer roster is more representative of our organization.  We hope to have that team finalized in January. 

Playing in our first tournament this weekend.  I think I am more excited than the kids, but my son said he has to disagree with me on that.  Practice has been tough with football still going, and we've just done what we could with who we had.  It's only going to be a four-team tourney, but I am really looking forward to the competition and seeing exactly where we need to focus our future practices on.  Good luck to everyone playing this weekend, and "Play Ball!"

Chester i know what you mean. Its our first tournament in beaumont this weekend and like yall its only four teams. We have played two other tournaments this year and did pretty well in both, but like you i am ready also. I wish yall the best of luck this weekend. P.S. dont forget your sleeves this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Javelina also congrats on the success of the franchise on their tournament results yall have had so far this year. Keep the updates coming and good luck to yall on the tournaments to come.

Rough first day, losing both games.  A lot of errors, and a lot of missed opportunities at the plate, but it sure helps to show where to direct coaching for future tournaments.  A beautiful day, and any day at the park presents learning opportunities.  Football is winding up so hopefully we'll have a practice with more than 5 kids and can start building the team.

• 2 weeks later...
The SETX SELECT Whitecaps 14U played this past weekend in Katy finishing with a 4-1 record, and placing 3rd out of 31 teams.  The Whitecaps are 11-3 for this Fall Season, and are allowing a minimal 3 RPG through their first 14 games.  The SETX SELECT Whitecaps are composed of players from all over the Golden Triangle and are having a great season and look to continue their success/development through the remainder of this fall and on into the spring/summer season.

For more info on SETX SELECT please visit setxselect.com

The SETX SELECT Whitecaps 14U played this past weekend in Sugarland and finished with a 3-2 record.  The Whitecaps dropped both of their games on Saturday by 3 and 4 runs respectively but then bounced back by winning 3 straight on Sunday scoring a combined 35 runs in those 3 games.  The Whitecaps were led offensively by Travis Gentry (Vidor) who batted .500 with an OBP of .785, 6 Runs, 8 RBI, 1 HR (0 strikeouts) in the 5 games and Cooper Dix (Lumberton) who batted .600 with an OBP of .750, 7 Runs, and 4 RBI.  The Whitecaps are now 14-5 for the Fall 2009 Season and look to keep it up in their final two tournaments and through the 2010 season.

For more information on the SETX SELECT Whitecaps visit setxselect.com

The Whitecaps 14U played this past weekend in Lumberton in the Turkey Leg Classic and went 5-0, taking home first place.  The Whitecaps scored 56 runs in the 5 games this past weekend and were led offensively by:
Shay Singleton (Vidor) .714 OBP, .545 Avg, 5 R, 5 RBI, 1 HR
Joseph Hancock (Lumberton) .857 OBP, .555 Avg, 8 R, 4 RBI
Cooper Dix (Lumberton) .600 OBP, .417 Avg, 7 R, 8 RBI

The Whitecaps, 19-5 for the Fall Season, will wrap up their Fall Ball Season - December 5-6 in Lumberton and then will kick it back up in Feburary 2010 for the Spring/Summer Season.

For more info on the whitecaps or SETX Select visit setxselect.com

Great job whitecaps. I have a couple of questons. What division do yall play in, not that it really matters,just curious.Second could you list a roster and where they are from cause it sounds like you might have some next up and commers in high school and I'm just bieng curious to see some names to watch for in the near future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder