*BH vs. Goose/GC Memorial wins 39-14/Comments

what is the deal with the coaching out there in BH? I have a friends kid who plays JR high out there and he says the coaches never coach the kids..never yell at them or direct them in anyway during the game. They have kids playing on the line that should be playing QB or WR or some kind of skill position...this is the 8th grade B team..says they run the same play over and over as well on offense....I always thought BH had "the program" for their level...sounds like even at the varsity level there are issues???

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

82...I'm pretty ticked you didnt tell me you were in town!

There is something that I think every BH student athlete needs to understand very clearly...GCM considers you a RIVAL...even if you dont think that way, they do...if you aint ready to play them in any sport, golf, tennis, tiddlywinks, whatever...they are coming after you.  Better figure that out if you haven't already.

Guest falcons

what is the deal with the coaching out there in BH? I have a friends kid who plays JR high out there and he says the coaches never coach the kids..never yell at them or direct them in anyway during the game. They have kids playing on the line that should be playing QB or WR or some kind of skill position...this is the 8th grade B team..says they run the same play over and over as well on offense....I always thought BH had "the program" for their level...sounds like even at the varsity level there are issues???

They are arrogant and starts with the Head Coach. He thinks and has for years that he is all that.

Congrats, to GCM, ya'll played a great game!!!  Ya'll came out ready to play, made very few if any mistakes, and whipped our tails.  Ya'll deserve the win, so enjoy every minute!!!

Our team has not looked that poor all year, absolutely horrible.  Our kids acted like they had the game won just because they dominated GCM last year, when will the kids learn?  Hope you learned a huge lesson, but we thought you may have taken the hint last week, but you didn't.  When you don't focus on the game at hand get made to look foolish.  

To make matter worse, Hopper went out with what looked like a broken arm...hope he is okay!!  Maybe putting him in on defense wasn't a good idea.

Come on Eagles, put this game behind you, but use it as a learning situation, refocus, and come ready to play next week.  It's gut check time, do you have the heart or will ya'll fold under the pressure?

Get it together Eagles!!!

82...I'm pretty ticked you didnt tell me you were in town!

There is something that I think every BH student athlete needs to understand very clearly...GCM considers you a RIVAL...even if you dont think that way, they do...if you aint ready to play them in any sport, golf, tennis, tiddlywinks, whatever...they are coming after you.  Better figure that out if you haven't already.

AMEN...AMEN...AMEN!!!  You got it exactly right!!!

39-14 when I left with 3 min remaining.  

GCM came to this game prepared to win, we didn't.  Very early in the game with GCM up 6-0, we marched to their 4 yd line and threw an int....it took the wind out of BH's sails and they never looked right again.  We kept turning ball over...Weather was very bad with rain the entire game, but it rained on the Pats too.  We had a ton of dropped balls, etc etc etc...but the better team (at least tonight) won this game.

Why in the bloody #### did we try to block a punt with them kicking into a 20 mph rain filled wind?????  That roughing the punter was another momentum KILLER...THAT, was a bad coaching decision. (for my friend 89-2)

At least Dayton got blown out... I can sleep tonight  ;D

We might have been drinking out of the same water this week!  Not a good night for the Broncos or the Eagles.

Ohhhh I shudder to think about next week.  The mighty Broncs coming off a loss to none other but the Cougars from Crosby????  They ain't gonna be very hospitable to the Eagles and I guarantee if our boys can't find some way to light a fire under their butts, it's gonna get real ugly, real fast!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Wow! This is just crazy! Never thought we would lose to Crosby and never thought yall would lose to GSM! Totally a bad night for both teams. I really don't know this Price guy yall talk about but I do know that Dayton has the best coach around Texas, yet we lost! Things happen, maybe sometimes we all need a reality check? I don't know. It just upset me that yall blamed your coach tonight when yall have been doing great otherwise and so have we! But you will not hear of a Dayton Bronco fan/parent blaming our loss on a Coach I pray! Just not our night and it was Crosbys night, and again, I like my crow with mushrooms! ;D

PurplePride, I'm sure your comment wasn't directed at my post...well, maybe a little.  But in defense of the fellow Eagle posters on here, who have been begging for better coaching, I will ask you one simple question.  Does Stewart and his staff roam the sideline, regardless of whether the Broncos are winning or losing, and coach their kids during the game, or fire them up, or get in their face when they need to?  My bet is yes and that they do not stand off by themselves and look totally mystified like they have never seen the team they're playing or the scheme they're playing before!  Does Price know his stuff??? Perhaps.  Does Price know how to get his team prepared?  Well, that's suspect from the couple of games I HAVE witnessed.  Go read my post again.  I said I saw very little on field leadership.  That's a gut check Purple from the young men out there laying at all out.  I'm sure you played in your hayday and my bet is that you got fired-up each game or YOU wouldn't be on here like the rest of us reliving our glory years through these kids.  I'm not bashing these young men at all before somebody squawks on here to leave these young guys alone.  I'm just saying they better start relying on themselves to get fired-up and motivated because leaving it to this staff, in my honest opinion, isn't going to happen and that's a sad, sad, tale!  But I for one feel coaching these young men is more than teaching the x's and the o's, it's about motivation and inspiration and attributes that will take these young men way farther than the football field, and well frankly, I didn't see it last night, that's for sure!  Go Eagles...find the fire, find the desire and let's go give Dayton a football game!!!!

...and another thing.  Perhaps these other posters "calling out the coaches" as everybody likes to call it, knows these young men are much more capable than what they're displaying, week in and week out.  I just feel bad for the kids who've I've witnessed on occasion.  Perhaps they feel they're not getting everything due them, and well...it's sort of like Reagan's Trickle Down Theory...  To quote I'mjussayin'  "I'm just sayin'!"

It's not just a lack of motivation, it's also the scheme and their(coaching) inability to make adjustments. The defense is in desperate need and they take one of their better defenders from their secondary, which has been getting toasted, move him to WR and not use him AT ALL. Go in at halftime after getting burned all first half around the ends and come out in the second half and do the same scheme, no adjustment. OH one more thing somebody finally pulled their head out and put the afore mention defender back on defense with about 8:00 minute left in the game and your down 39-7, good move just about 3 qtrs to late and 39 points, COME ON MAN. And He gets HURT when the game is out of control. COME ON MAN.........

OH, It's the little things like the Squib kicks they where doing the entire game thats was giving us fits. You think our genius coaching staff would have notice that hey that is really NEAT, its kinda hard to catch a groundball in the mud and slop, and MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY IT.....But that would require an adjustment. It's the little things or simple things. ???

Unbelievable......GCM came prepared to play, and kicked our butts, plain and simple..Congrats on great effort on their part and coaching.. Our coaching was horrible......Why have Hopper in the game with 8:00 minutes to go when your getting beat 39-7.....And look what happens, he gets hurt..People at that point the game is over, its time to play the reserves and start thinking about next week,,,Looks like its against the rules for our kids to get excited and pumped up.......Viverette's limping around,,,,You have to protect your starters from injury when your up 32 points or down 32 points (Remember Chris Daniels).....C'mom thats unreal........Injuries and issues are beginning to take a toll on great group of young men....Storks gone, Brian Meyer, gone for dicipline reasons, Bellard will be gone for surgey, now posssibly Hopper, guess if your gonna let Stubbs back on the team, you ought to play him some, Don't have clue what these guys are thinking...BH got outcoached last night...I admire the time and effort all the coaches put in, but this ones on you guys......

Unbelievable......GCM came prepared to play, and kicked our butts, plain and simple..Congrats on great effort on their part and coaching.. Our coaching was horrible......Why have Hopper in the game with 8:00 minutes to go when your getting beat 39-7.....And look what happens, he gets hurt..People at that point the game is over, its time to play the reserves and start thinking about next week,,,Looks like its against the rules for our kids to get excited and pumped up.......Viverette's limping around,,,,You have to protect your starters from injury when your up 32 points or down 32 points (Remember Chris Daniels).....C'mom thats unreal........Injuries and issues are beginning to take a toll on great group of young men....Storks gone, Brian Meyer, gone for dicipline reasons, Bellard will be gone for surgey, now posssibly Hopper, guess if your gonna let Stubbs back on the team, you ought to play him some, Don't have clue what these guys are thinking...BH got outcoached last night...I admire the time and effort all the coaches put in, but this ones on you guys......

I disagree!  Sure I think we should have pulled the starters earlier.  I think the blame goes both ways on this one.  The coaches didn't fumble the ball, throw interceptions, have runners stopped in the back field and then let them go, run into punters, miss passes that were right in their hands, throw bad passes to recievers wide open and a host of other items.

I was upset about us running a pitch out, down on the goal line in the rain, but then I thought about it, yes it may not have been wise but the rain is not why we fumbled...Matt, just threw the ball behind Andrew...had nothing to do with the rain.  One time when we hit the punter, was complete bs, they never touched him.  The second time, GCM, hicked the ball short to their up back and our kids were on him before they realized the normal punter didn't have the ball.  The refs were horrible once again!!!  But that didn't cost us the game.

I just think this was a team loss, players and coaches. 

Guest Ranger83

I disagree!  Sure I think we should have pulled the starters earlier.  I think the blame goes both ways on this one.  The coaches didn't fumble the ball, throw interceptions, have runners stopped in the back field and then let them go, run into punters, miss passes that were right in their hands, throw bad passes to recievers wide open and a host of other items.

I was upset about us running a pitch out, down on the goal line in the rain, but then I thought about it, yes it may not have been wise but the rain is not why we fumbled...Matt, just threw the ball behind Andrew...had nothing to do with the rain.  One time when we hit the punter, was complete bs, they never touched him.  The second time, GCM, hicked the ball short to their up back and our kids were on him before they realized the normal punter didn't have the ball.   The refs were horrible once again!!!  But that didn't cost us the game.

I just think this was a team loss, players and coaches. 

What the heck are you talking about? Never happened. The first call was a "running into the kicker" and GCM declined the penalty. The second was a clear "roughing the kicker". GCM never ran any sort of fake punt. Didn't need to.

Just not sure I agree w/ all that. It's was obvious that they where not going to beat us with the long pass in that weather last night , but Allen running all over the field was and did, get our ends to stay home , blitz a linebacker every now and then. Force him back into the middle. The roughing kicker call the first time was bull, but did you see the personnel they had on the field for the second,they were going for the block, that was coaching. We had just scored easily and desperately needed a stop and we got one, don't go after the kick. The field is wet the kids cant stop even if they try. Call them off before they even go in for the punt, but that would take some foresite and ADJUSTMENT which they will not do, for whatever reason......

What the heck are you talking about? Never happened. The first call was a "running into the kicker" and GCM declined the penalty. The second was a clear "roughing the kicker". GCM never ran any sort of fake punt. Didn't need to.

Posted on: Today at 09:45:02 AMPosted by: bh34 

Maybe it was sliding into the Kicker but it was not running into the kicker and it was only a 5 yd penalty, the punt had us pinned on about the 5 ydline, another good coaching call on GCM's part, to decline it. Just another example of being out coached.....

34, Can't agree with on the roughing the punters... Same kid in the GP game did it, and again last night, and he keeps getting trotted back out there without correcting the problem...Refs had nothing do do with us getting our butts kicked... Crosby and Dayton both shut down Allen.. he had 259 yds and 4 Td's last night... One of our best LB's was sidelined last night still with an injury so, you know their coming right at you, up the middle.. No adjustments at halftime... Yeah I agree the coaches don't fumble the ball, throw interceptions, and don't miss tackles, so yeah its a team loss, but we got outcoached...WRAP UP GUYS!!!!! We aren't good enough not to and still win games..Hey GCM scored more poiints against us on a rainy, muddy, night than they did against Crosby and Dayton combined..Typically with that kind of weather your offensive numbers are down......Thats coaching not kids.

Coaching Requirements

4-year Degree from an accredited University-$30,000 +

Apply for an Alternative Certification-$270

Pass the PPR, and a Subject level Test-$120 per test

Get Approved

There you go, next thing to do is get on the sideline, grab a whistle if you prefer, and so them how it really should be done.

I never thought I could find such great pleasure from a loss, but you guys are making my day.  Couple points and I'll let some of the new folks who are finally seeing the light take over:

1st - The "coaching" style you see from the BH staff, especially Price is and has been typical since he arrived.  He IS NOT a leader.  He does a wonderful job of managing the funds and programs overall, but he is not a leader or head football coach...period.

2nd - You are right, the coaches did not throw interceptions or drop passes, however when the wind os blowing 20-30 mph and the rain is falling at 1-2 inches per hours, your freaking game plan better not be to throw the football 30-40 yeards down field.  That's a play calling issue, which is the coaches.  Sure there better be a few reads to chose from, however our receivers were not running crossing patters, screens, etc and we chose the wrong guy.  How many 3 and outs did you see where we threw the ball every down.  Fact is last two game, as with other game, we run when we should pass and we pass when we should run.

3rd - The boys looked completely lost last night and unprepared.  That translated into what appeared to be a lack of overall effort.  That starts with coaching and they looked even more lost and unwilling to coach/lead through what was obviously a very bad game plan for the weather we all know was coming.

OK, that's my rant and it won't change this year or any other year until we get rid of goober.  When that day comes, and it will, get ready for one heck of a celebration and I will feed all of chambers county BBQ........ Yes, there will be BEER Ranger83.......  ;D ;D   

Guest falcons

Coaching Requirements

4-year Degree from an accredited University-$30,000 +

Apply for an Alternative Certification-$270

Pass the PPR, and a Subject level Test-$120 per test

Get Approved

There you go, next thing to do is get on the sideline, grab a whistle if you prefer, and so them how it really should be done.

You know that is so weak and if you guys don't like coaching get the heck out. Price is lame a sore loser and when things don't go his way he pouts. How about the time that he ran up the score back when he was three-a? Bh deserves better and he is not the answer and only benefited from being in the weakest 3-a district in the state.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed