*LC-M vs. Central/Central wins 28-7/Comments

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I start, I want to give a shout out to the Homecomming King, Brenon (sp) Jackson (Sr. starting Receiver) Congrads, Kid.  Shots out to #9 from LC-M.  Kid played well and went in at halftime and marched for the band and marched in his uniform and marched flawless.  I wonder where he finds time to perfect his football skills and band skills like that. 

Now, to the game...

This have to be up there as the worst officiated game I have ever seen.  Long TD runs called back time after time.  Long runs called for phantom calls.  This game could have been ugly quick, but leave it to the zebras to hold Central back.  LC-M caught us with our pants down with the flea flicker (beautiful play)  They didn't Kick to our returners on kickoffs or punts (great game plan).  # 2 Epps did his thing, no doubt.  LC-M had their chances in this game.  Overall, Jags tightened up the D and started hitting hard and looks to start intimidating the LC-M players.  If we can get our QB to start looking at the whole field and stop eyeballing one receiver, we will be ok.  Daw was used as a blocker in this game, giving way to O'Neal and Heard (this kid is a player and glad that we will be returning for us next year).  We will need to start exploiting the mismatches when they present themselves.  We had #14 holman all by himself with a short defender.  Safety started creeping up to stuff the run.  You have to find the big receiver.  Overall, good game plan.  It was a matter of time untill one of our RB's start to run wild.  #44 Hale false started several times on the punt team pushing us back.  (a central fan that was sitting by me almost bussed a blood vessel yelling at that!  lol).  Kid made up for it on stopping LC-M on a big 3rd down. 

We look forward to payback on the L-Train (yea, we haven't forgotten about the last 2 years.  This time, at Babe!  ;D )

Offense - B+

Defense - B+

Special teams - B-

Fan support - A+ (Central Fans were in full force)

Heard put is da man. He put us up for good with his explosive runs at the end. He set up O'neal's lase score. He should get more touches. And he's a soph? Good game Jags, keep winning :) Lcm is good, we were just better tonight. Good luck yalls season

Yes, Heard is impressive.  I have a program from week 0 that shows he is a Jr, not a Soph...

Congrats to Central.

I thought going into this season that Central would be the team to beat in district 20-4A and tonight did nothing but solidify those thoughts.  LCM looked a little more sluggish than they've looked in the last few weeks, but the speed and aggressiveness of the Central defense probably had a lot to do with that.  I knew Central was tough against the run, but I was way more impressed with their corners and safeties.  They played tight to take away the wide receiver screens, but still had the recovery speed to turn and defend the deep patterns as well.

As a whole, I think LCM played the run a lot better tonight aside from three big runs by Central backs.  Soulja...I think you should bump up your defensive evaluation from a B+ to an A-.    ;D

The Bears continue to improve and play hard and there are still some W's out there for LCM this season.  Go Bears! 

Congrats to Central.

I thought going into this season that Central would be the team to beat in district 20-4A and tonight did nothing but solidify those thoughts.  LCM looked a little more sluggish than they've looked in the last few weeks, but the speed and aggressiveness of the Central defense probably had a lot to do with that.  I knew Central was tough against the run, but I was way more impressed with their corners and safeties.  They played tight to take away the wide receiver screens, but still had the recovery speed to turn and defend the deep patterns as well.

As a whole, I think LCM played the run a lot better tonight aside from three big runs by Central backs.  Soulja...I think you should bump up your defensive evaluation from a B+ to an A-.    ;D

The Bears continue to improve and play hard and there are still some W's out there for LCM this season.  Go Bears! 

No, it stays the same. I'm actually  being generous with the B+ for defense.  That Flea Flicker killed me.  The conversion on the 3rd and longs killed me.  Your RB still had a big night with 7.8 yards per carry.  Maybe I'm too hard on them.  It took last year's team 8 games to come into their own.  I hope this team's defense can start playing to the potential that I know they can...

Heard put is da man. He put us up for good with his explosive runs at the end. He set up O'neal's lase score. He should get more touches. And he's a soph? Good game Jags, keep winning :) Lcm is good, we were just better tonight. Good luck yalls season

Yes, Heard is impressive.  I have a program from week 0 that shows he is a Jr, not a Soph...

I thought it was HURD, and he's a JR this year...Great Athlete.

Soul you are right about Donte focus on one receiver, do you think that the Coaches are telling this kid to do this. Too many men are open on the field and dont see this. and for bussing a vein, i bussed 2 or 3.

It has to be something the coaches dont like about the Pass..LCM had 8 in the box with Holemen #14 lined up one on one..Coaches should of seen that..But We won..mabe they will sue him more next week vs Lumberton..

Also defense redemed themselves from last week..And i Agree with Slam 14..The Secondary is coming together nicely and other than the one Long Pass..They did a Dang good Job coming up and makeing tackles and takeing away the screen..

Now lets get dem Raiders!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed