Week 6 predictions for STJFL Jr Tackle

daddy23

Week 5 Power Rankings for STJFL Jr Division (JMHO, of course)

1 WOS--White 5-0

2 Lumberton--White 5-0

3 Nederland White 5-0

4 WOS--Blue 4-1

5 PNG--White 3-2

6 Vidor White 4-1

7 Bridge City 3-2

8 Vidor--Black 3-2

9 Nederland Gold 3-2

10 Little Cypress 2-3

And special note to PirateFan to see his team move all the way up to #8.

Games to watch this week:

Vidor Black vs Nederland Gold.  A match-up of the only 2 teams in Division 3 with a winning record.  But with Little Cypress undefeated in District play, the loser of this game could end up being one of the best teams left out of the playoffs.

Bridge City vs Nederland White.  Nederland White only needs to win one more game to clinch a playoff spot.  However, their remaining schedule is very tough.  Bridge City needs this win to continue the fight for 2nd place in the Division.

Commentary and Corrections welcomed!

Are the Nederland Jr fields 80 yards or 100 yards?  I thought that I remembered that they played on a 100 yard field last year and the PeeWee played on an 80 yard field off to the side?  But then I heard someone else say they thought that the Ned Jr field was an 80 yard field a couple of weeks ago.  

Does anyone know for sure?  TIA

Week 5 Power Rankings for STJFL Jr Division (JMHO, of course)

1 WOS--White 5-0

2 Lumberton--White 5-0

3 Nederland White 5-0

4 WOS--Blue 4-1

5 PNG--White 3-2

6 Vidor White 4-1

7 Bridge City 3-2

8 Vidor--Black 3-2

9 Nederland Gold 3-2

10 Little Cypress 2-3

And special note to PirateFan to see his team move all the way up to #8.

Games to watch this week:

Vidor Black vs Nederland Gold.  A match-up of the only 2 teams in Division 3 with a winning record.  But with Little Cypress undefeated in District play, the loser of this game could end up being one of the best teams left out of the playoffs.

Bridge City vs Nederland White.  Nederland White only needs to win one more game to clinch a playoff spot.  However, their remaining schedule is very tough.  Bridge City needs this win to continue the fight for 2nd place in the Division.

Commentary and Corrections welcomed!

No Orangefield and Kountze

By only winning 1-0 this week we should probably drop in the rankings so with a win yall might move up!!!!!!

TD, if you can only score 1 point this week, I think you are right.  That would have to drop you in the Power Rankings the following week.   ;)

daddy23, I'm not sure who we play the week after this week but how many points would we have to score that week to get our Power Ranking back up?  ;D

By only winning 1-0 this week we should probably drop in the rankings so with a win yall might move up!!!!!!

TD, if you can only score 1 point this week, I think you are right.  That would have to drop you in the Power Rankings the following week.   ;)

daddy23, I'm not sure who we play the week after this week but how many points would we have to score that week to get our Power Ranking back up?   ;D

Three....I dare you to try to beat the next team 3-0.  I dont think you can do it.  ;)

Are the Nederland Jr fields 80 yards or 100 yards?  I thought that I remembered that they played on a 100 yard field last year and the PeeWee played on an 80 yard field off to the side?  But then I heard someone else say they thought that the Ned Jr field was an 80 yard field a couple of weeks ago.  

Does anyone know for sure?  TIA

in nederland, the senior and junior play on a 100 yard field, while the pee wee and flag play on the 80 yard field.

daddy23, I'm not sure who we play the week after this week but how many points would we have to score that week to get our Power Ranking back up?   ;D

Three....I dare you to try to beat the next team 3-0.  I dont think you can do it.  ;)

I won't take that dare. Whatever the score I just hope we both come out of it healthy. Good luck. I really want some of that coach that coaches yalls other team.  ;D  I think he has just about enough people out that we might have a chance against him. With my football knowledge I could probably just out coach him.  ;)

I won't take that dare. Whatever the score I just hope we both come out of it healthy. Good luck. I really want some of that coach that coaches yalls other team.  ;D  I think he has just about enough people out that we might have a chance against him. With my football knowledge I could probably just out coach him.  ;)

I am calling mercy, mercy, uncle whatever you want me to call...lol.. I am just happy to be ranked 8th.. ;D

Lots of fun guys....and thanks for the wishes for a non-injury game next weekend.  However, our focus right now is on only one thing--Nederland Black.  They are big, seem to have a very diverse offense and we expect them to give us everything that we can handle if not more.  They shut-out a  very good Litttle Cypress team in Week 1.  We are worried. 

After whatever happens this weekend, we can then focus on Week 7.

I am just so glad that The Power Rankings have generated so much fun discusion. 

I just have to say that I think some of these rankings are not justified.  That may be the teams schedule and that my be their record but some of these teams have not played any of the top teams.  Where as some teams have had to play ALL of the top teams or will before its over with.  Look who some of these teams have played (or not) to get their rankings.  I am just saying... in my opinion!!  Okay, I feel better now!! ;)

By the way I am not talking about the top rankings... look at the bottom half!

I just have to say that I think some of these rankings are not justified.  That may be the teams schedule and that my be their record but some of these teams have not played any of the top teams.  Where as some teams have had to play ALL of the top teams or will before its over with.  Look who some of these teams have played (or not) to get their rankings.  I am just saying... in my opinion!!  Okay, I feel better now!! ;)

:o It's for fun.make up your own rankings it that makes you feel better..There all in good fun and don't mean anything..

I just have to say that I think some of these rankings are not justified.  That may be the teams schedule and that my be their record but some of these teams have not played any of the top teams.  Where as some teams have had to play ALL of the top teams or will before its over with.  Look who some of these teams have played (or not) to get their rankings.  I am just saying... in my opinion!!  Okay, I feel better now!! ;)

BallerMom,

I struggle with these rankings every week.  And you make a really valid point regarding schedules.  I am just making my best guess every week.  Some of the teams at the top have also played very different schedules as well.  I would not predict that the Top 8 in the Power Rankings this week will not be the 8 teams that make the playoffs.  Also, I have only seen about half the teams play (in person or on film) so I am just guessing about much of the rankings. 

I just appreciate the crticism and I would love to know how you would rank 'em.

I predict that WOS Sr. team will win over the Bmt. team we are playing.  BTW: our game was moved from 4:00 to 2:00 p.m. so everyone may want to recheck their schedules!  Just putting that out there.

I pray for a little cooler weather then we have had the past games.  I did see one thing last week from our opposing team that I want to steal: The snack packs that were handed out to the kids during halftime.  I'm doing that this week for the kids on my son's team.  Look me up - I might have one for you too along with an ice cold drink.  If you don't know me then just ask cause apparently a lot of people know me and I have no clue who they are on this board!  Ha ha

I just have to say that I think some of these rankings are not justified.  That may be the teams schedule and that my be their record but some of these teams have not played any of the top teams.  Where as some teams have had to play ALL of the top teams or will before its over with.  Look who some of these teams have played (or not) to get their rankings.  I am just saying... in my opinion!!  Okay, I feel better now!! ;)

:o It's for fun.make up your own rankings it that makes you feel better..There all in good fun and don't mean anything..

You mean these teams don't make the playoffs based on these power rankings?  What up with that??  I mean it works in college football right..........  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83