21-3 A who gets in?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the battle this year will once again be for the 3rd spot.  WOS will win out again (5-0), followed by Silsbee (4-1), then OF (3-2).  HJ will put up a fight vs OF but will finish 4th in district at 2-3.  BC will beat HF and finish 1-4 while HF will finish 0-5. 

This is my reasoning for my prediction.  You should NEVER bet against Coach Hooks as he proves year in and year out why he is the best coach in the area.  Like him or not, he wins and he will do it again this year.  Non-district records mean nothing.  Even if WOS started district at 0-5, they would be much better for it as all of their non-district opponents are very good.  Hooks schedules proven opponents in non-district so his players can put the smack down on district opponents later.  While many of the other 21-3A teams are competing against much weaker teams, Hooks sends his players into battle.  What other 21-3A team schedules Nederland as the first game nearly every year?  I was glad to see HJ go up against Vidor this year.  Though it wasn't expected the Hawks would pull out a victory, Coach Martel wanted his players to get a taste of the big boys.  I think doing that provides the players with confidence when district begins. 

Regarding Silsbee...though they will compete for some of the game vs WOS, the Stangs will rise to the top.  Silsbee still has far superior athletes compared to OF, HF, BC, and HJ, and that's why I say they will finish 2nd.  State rankings mean absolutely nothing at this point.   

speveto, your pretty dang funny too.  You gotta be from OF with a name like peveto :) 

bobcat,  you are correct.  i played football at Orangefield about 100 years ago. we had helmets (sort of) back then but we had no face mask.  it takes a real man to play football with no face mask.

Let's look at this logically for a second which I know will be very hard for some of you.  HF will win the district and they will put an epic beatdown on WO-S! They will at least put up 50 on the mustangs because they have no speed and their coach is amazingly overrated!  The horns will go 5-0 in district!!!  They've just been tricking everybody so far by losing.

Let's look at this logically for a second which I know will be very hard for some of you.  HF will win the district and they will put an epic beatdown on WO-S! They will at least put up 50 on the mustangs because they have no speed and their coach is amazingly overrated!  The horns will go 5-0 in district!!!  They've just been tricking everybody so far by losing.

Now thats funny :D :D :D

Now thats funny :D :D :D

I'm telling you man, just wait untill game time!! They'll show you how to play some football!!!!

Silsbee's record

beat Houston Davis pretty bad / 1-0

lost to Diboll - Silsbee deserved to lose / 1-1

lost to Lumberton by 6 - A 4A that should win their district / 1-2

lost to Newton (state ranked) by one due to a last minute 60-70 yard pass play / 1-3

Silsbee is very prepared to take second in district and has a chance at 1st.

Silsbee's record

beat Houston Davis pretty bad / 1-0

lost to Diboll - Silsbee deserved to lose / 1-1

lost to Lumberton by 6 - A 4A that should win their district / 1-2

lost to Newton (state ranked) by one due to a last minute 60-70 yard pass play / 1-3

Silsbee is very prepared to take second in district and has a chance at 1st.

HJ's record

Lost to Cleveland (they'll win their district in 3A) / 0-1

Beat Woodville / 1-1

Lost to Vidor (not nearly as bad as predicted 35-14)(Highly ranked 4A) / 1-2

Beat East Chambers / 2-2

Lost to Kirbyville (barely (28-14)) / 2-3

I'd say HJ is prepared to take 3rd for sure.. and challenge for 2nd

Since when is 2-3 good?

When the level of competition is hard enough where it doesn't allow you to be 4-1 when district starts

sounds to me like hj is having a down year.  2-3 isnt good at all. but 4-1 is great.  plus a big win against kelly. bc scored more on them then vidor did.  and only let up one more touchdown than vidor did.  hj got creamed by vidor!

look at the teams that BC and OF have played and look at the teams that HJ as played. HJ is more prepared to enter the district than BC or OF. Hj will get 3rd place and will be battling for 2nd against silsbee. HJ will beat BC 42-28 and beat OF 48-21.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics