WB Fumble or not. Your Call!!!!!

Baldwin88

I not convinced that he crossed the goal line.  However they ruled it a fumble and Eisenhower recovered it.  I'm pretty sure that at this point in the game WB would have scored on the next play.  They were moving the ball pretty easily on this drive.  My point is that without a doubt he is laying on the ground with possession of the ball.  In defense of the refs,  they do not have the benefit of having a zoom lens and LCD display.  But it still sucks.

Well here we go again,Soulja can we see the slide of the turnover in the Friendswood/Central game 08 again?My point is it won't change nothin bad as it sucks.

I realize that and completely agree with ya.  The same can be said about every other post on the forum, but it sure feels good to vent a little.

Well here we go again,Soulja can we see the slide of the turnover in the Friendswood/Central game 08 again?My point is it won't change nothin bad as it sucks.

Yes, I was thinking this when I first saw this thread. 

I was in attendance at the WB/Ike game.  I got a good look at this play as I was on the 35 yiard line.  Me and a bunch of others thought it was a TD then the ball came lose.  The refs called it a fumble, which I don't think it was.  But hey, the refs were on the field just a few feet from the play.  I did think that Brook had the Momentum at this time.

Guest Brubaker

Not having seen the video, whether a fumble or not, he appears down short of the goal line.  At the point, his entire body is down, so his knee would've hit earlier in the sequence, so can't see how he got the ball across the plane.

Obviously not a fumble.

I believe the machanics of officials these days are hurting the game. I've talked to some coaches who say that all the referees on the sides of the line of scrimmage are worried about is keeping coaches off the field (some with good reason). Most of the time these refs. are out of position to make the correct call and to keep the player jawing to a mininum. If the refs. would get a little closer to the game like back in the day, they would be more efficient and would not blow as many calls.

I know they can't get every call right.  But calling this a fumble on the goaline in a 2 point game is hard to accept. Homecoming485WEB.jpg

Not quiet as bad as it happening in the state championship game like it did when jasper played gilmer...the ref later admitted he blew it and sent a letter of aplolgy.  but that is just rubbing salt in the wound..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont