Serious Question That Requires Serious Input

Guest DickVitale

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nostradamus

DV...

Please show me where I used the term "athletic scholarships"......I said "scholarships"......believe me, I know how the system works....I realize there are no such things as "athletic scholarships" BUT there are "scholarships" and they have no adjective to describe them.

You guys go right ahead and keep skirting around the point I am making....

Private School rules are different from Public School rules and the proof is on the websites.....therefore, the two systems do not play by the same rules and therefore, should not be intertwined.

Kids play in the summer anyway, so I dont think that its THAT much of an advantage.  MY guys did not get that type of work with me until school started.  Am I at a DIS-advantage? NO. My guys played all summer long, against GREAT competition, and public school kids have that same opportunity.  

Yes or no question.  Do you think being able to coach kids for an extra two months is an advantage.  Yes or no?

Kids play in the summer anyway, so I dont think that its THAT much of an advantage.  MY guys did not get that type of work with me until school started.  Am I at a DIS-advantage? NO. My guys played all summer long, against GREAT competition, and public school kids have that same opportunity.  

Yes or no question.  Do you think being able to coach kids for an extra two months is an advantage.  Yes or no?

Wait a minute! I know a public h.s. coach that coaches during the summer. Those kids are feeding into his h.s. Maybe thats different. ???

Guest DickVitale

DV...

Please show me where I used the term "athletic scholarships"......I said "scholarships"......believe me, I know how the system works....I realize there are no such things as "athletic scholarships" BUT there are "scholarships" and they have no adjective to describe them.

Private School rules are different from Public School rules and the proof is on the websites.....therefore, the two systems do not play by the same rules and therefore, should not be intertwined.

The point is there is nothing to fear....We are all the same. High school eligible kids. Some coaches are just scared....Just wait until the private schools invade the UIL! You think you guys are crying now....Just wait...Its coming!

DV...

The point is there is nothing to fear....We are all the same. High school eligible kids. Some coaches are just scared....Just wait until the private schools invade the UIL! You think you guys are crying now....Just wait...Its coming!

You have a lot of nerve calling Head coaches that have lots of experience scared.  Coming from you..........sad!

Guest nostradamus

Ahhhh...I love it...the threats that you are known for....without any knowlege to back them up.

Who said anything about fear?  Only you are using the words "fear" and "excuses".  Our results say we have no reason to "fear" anything or make "excuses" for anything.  We have our program running just fine.

Admit it....or.....keep lying to yourself...it doesn't matter to me.....Private schools play by different rules.

Also interested in knowing that if what Dickie V says in fact is true about the Private schools having NO ADVANTAGES..............Why would they invade or take over the UIL as you stated. You wouldn't be a very good lawyer.  Cannot wait to hear this response!!!!

Guest DickVitale

Spnks, this topic has ZERO to do with you...Who are you? NOBODY. Secondly, I am not calling out anyone in particular, I just feel like there is a fear factor when it comes to private schools.  Thats my opinion.  There are advantages and disadvantages to being in a private school....just like there are advantages and disadvantages to being at a public school.  Point is coaches that fear privates, will ALWAYS have excuses as to why they can't compete. I never had a problem with them, because I am not a coward. I will play ANY TEAM THAT HAS HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBLE PLAYERS. I know lots of coaches that wont say the same......Right, Nos?

Spnks, this topic has ZERO to do with you...Who are you? NOBODY. Secondly, I am not calling out anyone in particular, I just feel like there is a fear factor when it comes to private schools.  Thats my opinion.  There are advantages and disadvantages to being in a private school....just like there are advantages and disadvantages to being at a public school.  Point is coaches that fear privates, will ALWAYS have excuses as to why they can't compete. I never had a problem with them, because I am not a coward. I will play ANY TEAM THAT HAS HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBLE PLAYERS. I know lots of coaches that wont say the same......Right, Nos?

Wow.  Dickie V going on a rant and calling people names.  Shocker!  I am an interested member on this board and as long as I feel the need I will post on a topic whether you think I have zero to do with it or not.

Secondly I did not say you were calling out anyone in particular. Still think it is disrepectful to call coaches in general out.

Third. You still did not answer the question.  If there is no significant advantage why do you think the private schools will "invade" the UIL?

Guest DickVitale

The day is coming when privates will join the UIL in droves, due to legislation. The word "invade" did not mean it would be a bad thing.  Its coming. Then there will be nowhere for the scary ones to hide, either.  ;)

Guest nostradamus

Dicky,

You always have to take it to the next level.....indirectly calling myself and others who are "scared" of private schools cowards....unbelievable....and you wonder why people don't mind airing your "dirty laundry".

Call me "scared".....call me a "coward".....I, my friend, know the truth......that is something YOU are scared of.

Have a wonderful day....I am done with this topic.

Guest DickVitale

I did not say you or anyone you associate with were scared. "Dirty Laundry"? Who cares, I have been attacked by you people for the last 3 years, thats nothing new.  If I step on your toes, THEN say ouch, but if you are not scared, then my statement was not directed at you then, right? You have a great evening as well.

I did not say you or anyone you associate with were scared. "Dirty Laundry"? Who cares, I have been attacked by you people for the last 3 years, thats nothing new.  If I step on your toes, THEN say ouch, but if you are not scared, then my statement was not directed at you then, right? You have a great evening as well.

Who cares..........please don't start that.  YOU DO!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder