Overrated?

Guest Big Balls

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, talk about fair weather fans. WO-S is 3-1 an some people are down on them. They play a  tough

schedule to get play-off ready and lose one game and the world is coming to an end. I remember one year

when Jasper beat WO-S in pre- district. Then, in the play-offs WO-S beat Jasper. Newton almost lost

last night, they probably should have,we were lucky. Anyway, the sky isn't falling and the world hasn't ended.

Just my thoughts about good programs.

People aren't down on WOS for losing...

there is another thread that has like 15 (exaggeration if you didn't know) pages of coop, skipper, and several others trying to make excuses for why they lost...

and thats what people are down about

png......they haven't won a stae championhip  game since 1975. Overall they won one championship in the 70's and two in the 50's. Lost one on the 70's and lost one in the 50's.

Take a school like Lamarque with 9 appearences since 1986, 5 state championships.

You forget about 99'. How many other area schools in 4A-5A besides WO-S have even made a state championship appearance in the last 40 years?

West Brook once?

What does Lamarque have to do with this thread?

Man, talk about fair weather fans. WO-S is 3-1 an some people are down on them. They play a  tough

schedule to get play-off ready and lose one game and the world is coming to an end. I remember one year

when Jasper beat WO-S in pre- district. Then, in the play-offs WO-S beat Jasper. Newton almost lost

last night, they probably should have,we were lucky. Anyway, the sky isn't falling and the world hasn't ended.

there is another thread that has like 15 (exaggeration if you didn't know) pages of coop, skipper, and several others trying to make excuses for why they lost...

WASN"T excuses!! it actually happened.

well lets put it this way....

you're complaining about the way FOOTBALL is played...

penalties and execution is part of the game we call... FOOTBALL

and you report about this stuff but yet you complain about how it's played....

go figure.

if your football team loses a game and you go back and find every little thing that WOS did wrong to make up for the loss then it is called an excuse!

and didn't someone have the stats of the game?

Jasper had more penalties and had more fumbles and they won the game...

hmm....

go figure.

if your football team loses a game and you go back and find every little thing that WOS did wrong to make up for the loss then it is called an excuse!

hmm....

That sums up my feelings for sure..It seems the homer has "blue and silver colored glasses"

Also JACK IN THE BOX TACOS are the greatest about once a year.. ;D

Guest rykerx144

I posted this in the other thread and figured it applies in here too!

33 I think you have gone way past just trying to make a point!  Sounds to me like you are the one with the problem with football right now.

I am a follower of the Wildcats and being a supporter of a team that also wins games on a regular basis I understand completely whats going on.  Yes they are making excuses and having a discussion about how they think their team performed.  Once the game was over they gave their props to the Bulldogs and said they played a better game and thats why they won because they was a better team this night and then they began to give their opinions and excuses of why thier team failed.  Why do you feel its necessary for them to continue to praise the opposing team.  Sounds to me like the excuses and reasoning behind why your team is not winning is not enough for you anymore so it just makes you feel better to come in here and start crap.  Its not COOP's or the Mustangs fault the Cardinals cant compete in your district.     

go figure.

hmm....

That sums up my feelings for sure..It seems the homer has "blue and silver colored glasses"

im curious, which local team do you support?

33 I think you have gone way past just trying to make a point!  Sounds to me like you are the one with the problem with football right now.

I am a follower of the Wildcats and being a supporter of a team that also wins games on a regular basis I understand completely whats going on.  Yes they are making excuses and having a discussion about how they think their team performed.  Once the game was over they gave their props to the Bulldogs and said they played a better game and thats why they won because they was a better team this night and then they began to give their opinions and excuses of why thier team failed.  Why do you feel its necessary for them to continue to praise the opposing team.  Sounds to me like the excuses and reasoning behind why your team is not winning is not enough for you anymore so it just makes you feel better to come in here and start crap.  Its not COOP's or the Mustangs fault the Cardinals cant compete in your district.     

i do believe my team IS winning right now...

3-1 is winning...

if its not then i dont know what is...

and we have competed in district every year before Stump came to BC,

have to give a new team and coach time to get things going

go figure.

hmm....

im curious, which local team do you support?

HF and Nederland are my local schools because where my kids went to school. Both those schools are having down years but it is early and you never know when district gets going. I always root for any local team in playoffs though.

Quote from: KFDM COOP on Today at 11:30:31 AM

Quote from: 33 on Today at 10:42:50 AM

Quote from: jimmyw on September 19, 2009, 05:28:18 PM

Man, talk about fair weather fans. WO-S is 3-1 an some people are down on them. They play a  tough

go figure.

hmm....

all i go to say is that jasper won. even though we had way more penalties and and fumbles..  am i allowed to make up excuses about how if we didnt hace shose penaltioes or fumbles or dropped passses and other things. that we would have BLEW OUT wos

Quote from: KFDM COOP on Today at 11:30:31 AM

Quote from: 33 on Today at 10:42:50 AM

Quote from: jimmyw on September 19, 2009, 05:28:18 PM

Man, talk about fair weather fans. WO-S is 3-1 an some people are down on them. They play a  tough

go figure.

hmm....

all i go to say is that jasper won. even though we had way more penalties and and fumbles..  am i allowed to make up excuses about how if we didnt hace shose penaltioes or fumbles or dropped passses and other things. that we would have BLEW OUT wos

Guest rykerx144

i do believe my team IS winning right now...

3-1 is winning...

if its not then i dont know what is...

and we have competed in district every year before Stump came to BC,

have to give a new team and coach time to get things going

yes! you was winning! dont district start soon!  Besides as a 2A school ill take 2-2 playing WOS, Jasper, Diboll, and Liberty over 3-1 over kountze, liberty, buna, and LCM anyday!!

rykerx144 you kinda need to come down out of the clouds a little. I remember twenty something years of Kirbyville playing the likes of Kountze, Liberty, Buna, etc. and losing. Kirbyville's program was a laugher for years and have only turned it around in recent years. Now your wanting to correct everyone else that has a little feel good about what their program is doing?

Guest rykerx144

rykerx144 you kinda need to come down out of the clouds a little. I remember twenty something years of Kirbyville playing the likes of Kountze, Liberty, Buna, etc. and losing. Kirbyville's program was a laugher for years and have only turned it around in recent years. Now your wanting to correct everyone else that has a little feel good about what their program is doing?

I wasnt even in the Kirbyville area twenty years ago and could care less what happened twenty years ago but thanks for your concern. 

Guest rykerx144

So it makes you OK to look down from the mountain at everyone else. I should have known by your post that your a johnny come lately. And I didn't say twenty years ago, I said for twenty something years. Big difference.

"And I didn't say twenty years ago, I said for twenty something years. Big difference."

that comment alone reminds me why I dont argue with kids!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476