Webcam is back

HouTexan

Guest coachacola

Webcam snapshot from today.  Looks like they are making a nice slope from where the athletic complex will go down to the field, almost the perfect angle for seats.  Of course is way too early to tell but it's fun speculating, especially since they haven't given us much details.

3929912002_a281c5269d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coachacola

Webcam is back up and here's the latest snapshop from today:

3992889799_18ab4f13b1.jpg

Looks like they're getting closer to getting the foundation laid.  I still think the private suites and club area will be attached to the athletic complex and they'll add more seats below them where the slope is now.

Any idea when they'll put the turf down?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest coachacola
I was looking at the webcam today and the image looks a lot like the one I posted by on the 8th.    I'm guessing all the rain is slowing things down but I don't know for sure.  I haven't heard or seen anything about the rest of renovations to the stadium and the progress they've made.  Someone mentioned in another thread they won't be putting the turf down until the spring.  It would be nice if they at least released the artist renderings of how it'll all look when they're done but they won't even do that.

If they have made changes and now plan on putting bleachers in the endzones then it makes some sense not to put the turf down just to get messed up before you even practice on it for the first time.  Trust me if they put it down before bleachers go in the endzone sides of the turf will be good as jacked up from the construction workers and equipment working on it.  Not putting the workers down but I worked construction before and you don't get paid enough to care.

Guest coachacola
Maybe they realized with all the construction going on to the stadium it just didn't make sense to put the turf down.  I do think they will be doing more to the stadium than they originally planned because they are spending more money and construction costs have actually decreased because of the bad economy.

[quote name="coachacola" post="695765" timestamp="1257267502"]
Maybe they realized with all the construction going on to the stadium it just didn't make sense to put the turf down.  I do think they will be doing more to the stadium than they originally planned because they are spending more money and construction costs have actually decreased because of the bad economy.
[/quote]

They are a long way from being ready to lay turf.  I agree that the turf should be the last thing done but they could go ahead and do drainage and rock,  would be a lot less messy.  Just do final grading and then lay turf....  Of course I really do not care as long as it is finished at the right time.  Just strange that is was suppose to be a 90 day job from June 1.....

[quote name="LU Baseball Fan" post="696403" timestamp="1257303554"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=59395.msg695765#msg695765 date=1257267502]
[/quote]

They are a long way from being ready to lay turf.  I agree that the turf should be the last thing done but they could go ahead and do drainage and rock,  would be a lot less messy.  Just do final grading and then lay turf....  Of course I really do not care as long as it is finished at the right time.  Just strange that is was suppose to be a 90 day job from June 1.....
[/quote]Too many Aggies involved with the project.

It's sad to see how slow the construction company there is moving. I play baseball at a junior college who is bringing their football team back next year, just like Lamar. In less than a month.. Two very nice full size practices fields have been put in, two big parking lots have been put in, and a very big athletic facility has been put it. Granted the athletic facility obviously isn't what Lamar is going to have.. The facility here would be a top notch high school facility (which is normal for a junior college.) And you can't blame it on the weather, because I'm only 2 hours from setx, and we're getting the same weather here. This construction company is just getting after it. Kind of makes me wonder about what is taking so long over there. And a good 10 acres of trees has been flattened for new baseball and softballs facilities, and new dorms. All of this STARTED in the beginning of October. What is taking so long Lamar?

I agree with you to a point AJ25 but LU has quite a few other projects going on... They have almost completed the soccer complex with field house, they have completed 2 practice fields, and are working on the staduim and football field house... On top of that they are redoing the band hall and numerous other buildings...

[quote name="LUFAN" post="705231" timestamp="1258061777"]
I agree with you to a point AJ25 but LU has quite a few other projects going on... They have almost completed the soccer complex with field house, they have completed 2 practice fields, and are working on the staduim and football field house... On top of that they are redoing the band hall and numerous other buildings...
[/quote]

I understand that.. It's the fact that they repeatedly say stuff will be done and it neverrrrrr gets done.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed

• lol, do what you gotta do, sure glad no nonsense occurs on the sports side. smh
    • Talk about Chicken Little. Do I need to rename the forum again? This forum is becoming a joke and an embarrassment to the site.
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up All Times Central - Game times and  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  subject to change The following four Super Regionals will be played Friday June 7th, Saturday June 8th & *Sunday June 9th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games.  Knoxville Super Regional (#1 Tennessee -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 2:00 PM Evansville vs Tennessee (ESPN2) 10:00AM Tennessee vs Evansville (ESPN2) 5:00 PM Tennessee vs. Evansville* (ESPNU) Tallahassee Super Regional (#8 Florida St. -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St. (ESPN) 10:00 AM Florida St. vs Connecticut (ESPN) 11:00 AM Connecticut vs Florida St.* (ESPN2) Chapel Hill Super Regional (#4 North Carolina -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina (ESPN2) 7:00 PM North Carolina vs West Virginia (ESPN2) 2:00 PM West Virginia vs North Carolina* (ESPN2) Charlottesville Super Regional (#12 Virginia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 6:00 PM K-State vs Virginia (ESPNU) 2:00 PM Virginia vs K-State (ESPNU) 2:00 PM K-State vs Virginia* (ESPNU) The following four Super Regionals will be played Saturday June 8th, Sunday June 9th & *Monday June 10th for the if necessary or weather-delayed games. Lexington Super Regional (#2 Kentucky -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 5:00 PM Oregon St. vs Kentucky (ESPNU) 8:00 PM Kentucky vs Oregon St. (ESPNU) TBA Oregon St. vs Kentucky* (TBA) Athens Super Regional (#7 Georgia -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 11:00 AM North Carolina St. vs Georgia (ESPNU) 11:00 AM Georgia vs North Carolina St. (ESPNU) TBA North Carolina St. vs Georgia* (TBA) College Station Regional (#3 Fightin' Texas Aggies -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (ESPN2) 6:30 PM Fightin' Texas Aggies vs Oregon (ESPN2) TBA Oregon vs Fightin' Texas Aggies (TBA) Clemson Regional (#6 Clemson -  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up ) 1:00 PM Florida vs Clemson (ESPN) 1:30 PM Clemson vs Florida (ESPN) TBA Florida vs Clemson* (TBA)
    • We had the same type of rules when Coach Stone was at PNG. 
    • I’m curious to see if this will happen next season . 
  • Topics