North Forrest @ GCM

Guest Ranger83

Guest Ranger83

Time for the Goose to put up or shut up. The games start to count from here on out! GCM jumped on the Bulldogs early last year, only to watch them "rush" past in the 2nd half.

The offense has been steady and is protecting the football. The defense had a nice showing against Episcopal on Friday. However, the injury bug has jumped up and bit them on the behind. Starting ILB Jason Savoie is awaiting the results from an MRI on saturday on his right knee. DE Kendall Wilkerson has not played since the last scrimmage and will not be back for 2 more weeks.

GCM 32

NF    14

Guest Ranger83

GCM wins by 2 TD's, on their way to their first playoff appearance.

I hope you're right!

Things just got a little tougher for the Goose. Sr, ILB, Jason Savoie got his MRI results and his season and high school career are over. Torn ACL, MCL and just about everything else it seems. Great kid that worked his behind off this summer. Say a little prayer for Jason and his family regarding his impending surgery and rehab.

Play every down as if it were your last!

GCM wins by 2 TD's, on their way to their first playoff appearance.

I hope you're right!

Things just got a little tougher for the Goose. Sr, ILB, Jason Savoie got his MRI results and his season and high school career are over. Torn ACL, MCL and just about everything else it seems. Great kid that worked his behind off this summer. Say a little prayer for Jason and his family regarding his impending surgery and rehab.

Play every down as if it were your last!

That's too bad. I hate to hear that. Thoughts and prayers are with this young man and his family for a full recovery.

Tough break.

I wouldn't be surprised if this team makes the playoffs - good rb and a leader at qb, ingredients for success. They had a good offense last year against BH when we played them but they just had trouble on defense. But I'm sure they have worked on that, looking at their record this year. Don't take this team lightly.

Oh yeah, I'll take GCM big over North Forest.

Who have they played?  Got blown out by Pearland who is pretty good.  Beat a Bellaire Episcople team that is well, average at best.  Good for a private, but not for anyone else, and a Pasadena school who could not beat most JV's in the area.  They are improved but let's not hand them the crown yet.

Coach Boyd has been quite Kiffin like in his speeches around Baytown about Dayton.  Amazing how that stuff gets back to the ears that really need to hear it.  Boyd forgets that Coach Stewart has more fans in Baytown than he ever will, from the glory days of Sterling.  Be careful what you ask for because you may just get it!!!

Guest Ranger83

Who have they played?  Got blown out by Pearland who is pretty good.  Beat a Bellaire Episcople team that is well, average at best.  Good for a private, but not for anyone else, and a Pasadena school who could not beat most JV's in the area.  They are improved but let's not hand them the crown yet.

Coach Boyd has been quite Kiffin like in his speeches around Baytown about Dayton.  Amazing how that stuff gets back to the ears that really need to hear it.  Boyd forgets that Coach Stewart has more fans in Baytown than he ever will, from the glory days of Sterling.  Be careful what you ask for because you may just get it!!!

Who "handed them the crown"? I have not heard one person say that GCM is the cream of the crop in 19-4A. Only that they should compete for a playoff spot. And they will compete even against mighty Dayton!

What do you want Coach Boyd to say publicly? "We're scared of Dayton, oh my they are so strong and good, we could never beat THEM!" Not gonna ever happen! No Coach would do that. Ever!

As for Coach Stewart's Baytown fan base, I'll just have to take your word on that one. Did not know he was such a football god in the Dirty Bay.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami