*PN-G vs. Texas City Updates..22-16 PN-G Wins In OT/Comments*

KFDM COOP

TC came out hungry in the second half and PNG didn't. The defense was incredible for PNG tonight. Need to finish off drives, it should've been about 35-0 at halftime, but we didn't capitalize on good field position and the defense began to tire in the second half. Please block for the kicker next game guys. We gave them about 6 points on blocks. All in all PNG is starting to click and it's going to be a wild district this year. Good job guys

Jackhammer,

To start the 2nd half, we received the kick-off and got in the hole.  TC won the field position battle for several rounds, but our D held, even w/ their backs against the wall, several times.  However, the D was on the field a really long time, and looked to be getting tired.  To top it off, our O was dropping passes, and the center/QB exchange was dropeed several times, putting us further in the hole.

I don't know why we stopped passing the 2nd half, but we did, and that enabled them to key on Harmon.

The refs sucked too...did I mention that already???  This advanced them on SEVERAL occaisions.

Ya gotta hand it to TC tho.  They really showed more heart in the 2nd half too.

It was agreat game to watch tho.

Jackhammer,

To start the 2nd half, we received the kick-off and got in the hole.  TC won the field position battle for several rounds, but our D held, even w/ their backs against the wall, several times.  However, the D was on the field a really long time, and looked to be getting tired.  To top it off, our O was dropping passes, and the center/QB exchange was dropeed several times, putting us further in the hole.

I don't know why we stopped passing the 2nd half, but we did, and that enabled them to key on Harmon.

The refs sucked too...did I mention that already???  This advanced them on SEVERAL occaisions.

Ya gotta hand it to TC tho.  They really showed more heart in the 2nd half too.

It was agreat game to watch tho.

Speaking of passing why is Deron only getting one reception for the whole game. He could out jump TC entire backfield. Now he did dropp one in the endzone, but man throw the ball up to him he's usually money every time. We won and that's what matters.

My 2 cents - TC's defense played a very good game. PNG QB had 'happy feet' several times in the game not casting blame, QB had a great game but he had to scramble several times. The wind may have been a bigger factor than initially recognized. I believe it was why the ball hung up or floated on the interception on an attempt to get the ball to #19 over the middle. #19 had one TD reception and had one in his hands but couldn't hang on that would have been his second. (he will not let that happen very often) he will make that catch many times this season if he gets the chance. PNG lost 7 points on blocked FG and xtra pt attempts all by the same defensive player. (unbelievable) Great defense by both teams. TC was able to change the game in the 2nd half with there 'hurry up' offense. And as previously stated they kept PNG in bad field position for the whole 3rd quarter. Oh yeah the last TD scored by TC was definitely offensive pass interference. For you Nederland fans, I've never seen the replay but I think it was comparable to 'the catch' in 1975 by a former 6'8" PNG receiver.

PNG'S offense didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders last night in my opinion. The D was playing their A game. I think if the O was on top of its game it would have been a blow out. The ref's were some of the worse I have ever seen in a football game. TC did nothing but hold all night long on both sides of the ball. The TC TD in the endzone, pass, their reciever pushed off big time and the ref was right there and didn't call it. Their was a few scuffles on the field as well. Talked to one of the players this morning and he said their team was mouthing off and crap like that. One of the fights was created by the TC player with a very late hit and a shove on the PNG player. The refs called it a off setting penalty, BS !!!! It looked like to me the TC player was throwing punches at the PNG player. The refs totally sucked and I hope no one in our district gets these inept refs for any of their games. These refs need to go home and hang up their officiating wardrobe !!!  The kid from TC who blocked all those kicks was lined up offsides. I was down at the endzone when one was blocked and the kid was about a half yard over the ball. His head and shoulders were both blocking the view of the ball and yet the ref didn't call it !!!  No excuses for the game, but dang that officiating crew really was bad !!!

Great analysis pngfan66--I totally agree! Though we didn't always fire on all cylinders on offense, it was a great over-all team effort! What a great boost for the team's confidence to win a game in over-time! They have 2 weeks to work on some things and get ready for a very tough district schedule.

p.s. refs not even worth talking about! :)

PNG'S offense didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders last night in my opinion. The D was playing their A game. I think if the O was on top of its game it would have been a blow out. The ref's were some of the worse I have ever seen in a football game. TC did nothing but hold all night long on both sides of the ball. The TC TD in the endzone, pass, their reciever pushed off big time and the ref was right there and didn't call it. Their was a few scuffles on the field as well. Talked to one of the players this morning and he said their team was mouthing off and crap like that. One of the fights was created by the TC player with a very late hit and a shove on the PNG player. The refs called it a off setting penalty, BS !!!! It looked like to me the TC player was throwing punches at the PNG player. The refs totally sucked and I hope no one in our district gets these inept refs for any of their games. These refs need to go home and hang up their officiating wardrobe !!!  The kid from TC who blocked all those kicks was lined up offsides. I was down at the endzone when one was blocked and the kid was about a half yard over the ball. His head and shoulders were both blocking the view of the ball and yet the ref didn't call it !!!  No excuses for the game, but dang that officiating crew really was bad !!!

"their team was mouthing off and crap like that." This must be a common thing for teams from this area, I remember LaMarque doing the same thing to Lumberton, including the fans, in the playoffs year before last. The good thing is, you guys took it to them like we did, kind of like, what goes around comes around. Good win guys.  :)

Almost forgot, that's two 20-4A teams, including scrimmage, to play TC right and TC is O-fer.  ;D

Left the reservation at the half.It was #12 from T City on almost every play he was around the football.He blocked 2 kicks in the 1st half.Was impressed by the PNG defense.

Yes #12 also blocked the 4th quarter FG attempt. He was lined up offsides on each attempt. One of the kicks was right down the line from where we sit and we were screaming "he's off sides" before the snap. I just wonder what the official on the line (who has one job pre-snap) was looking at?

#12 also played WR and on several plays in that last drive (where PNG was flagged several times) he was turned pointing to the PNG sidelines taunting them. But that was not flagged.

As far us getting the ball to Deron, he was double covered most of the night. Even the pass he dropped he had double coverage but that ball was thrown beautifully. Our downfall was not being able to get ourselves out of our endzone to begin the second half. It's hard to throw the ball from back there at the HS level.

Good win though. I love the fire from the Indians and the coaching staff. And it is obvious that this team will be well prepaired for each opponent.

Can't wait for two weeks!

PNG'S offense didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders last night in my opinion. The D was playing their A game. I think if the O was on top of its game it would have been a blow out. The ref's were some of the worse I have ever seen in a football game. TC did nothing but hold all night long on both sides of the ball. The TC TD in the endzone, pass, their reciever pushed off big time and the ref was right there and didn't call it. Their was a few scuffles on the field as well. Talked to one of the players this morning and he said their team was mouthing off and crap like that. One of the fights was created by the TC player with a very late hit and a shove on the PNG player. The refs called it a off setting penalty, BS !!!! It looked like to me the TC player was throwing punches at the PNG player. The refs totally sucked and I hope no one in our district gets these inept refs for any of their games. These refs need to go home and hang up their officiating wardrobe !!!  The kid from TC who blocked all those kicks was lined up offsides. I was down at the endzone when one was blocked and the kid was about a half yard over the ball. His head and shoulders were both blocking the view of the ball and yet the ref didn't call it !!!  No excuses for the game, but dang that officiating crew really was bad !!!

"their team was mouthing off and crap like that." This must be a common thing for teams from this area, I remember LaMarque doing the same thing to Lumberton, including the fans, in the playoffs year before last. The good thing is, you guys took it to them like we did, kind of like, what goes around comes around. Good win guys.  :)

Almost forgot, that's two 20-4A teams, including scrimmage, to play TC right and TC is O-fer.  ;D

The stripes are probably used to the "thug mentality" so it's no big deal to them.

They were mouthing off to the fans too? I agree Raider. Nothing better than sending a bunch of trash talkers home on a long and quiet bus ride. 

The key turning point in this game was the 3rd Quarter.  PN-G could not get out of the shadow of their own goal posts due to the wind, a muffed punt, and TC's Defense cranking it up a notch a forcing the INT.  TC had the ball inside the PN-G 25 for the entire quarter which put PN-G's D on the field the entire quarter.  Not good.  TC finally got on the scoreboard on their last possession of the 3rd quarter. 

The Indians could have put it out of reach in the 4th but blocked Fieldgoals and a dropped TD pass kept TC in the game.  On the final drive for TC, thanks to a tired Indian D and piss-pour officiating.  They tied it up. 

Overall, I think the team played great.  Those of you that were not at the game don't realize how close the Indians came to blowing out TC.  Looking at the stat line you would think PN-G won 35 - 0.  I think the coaches and players learned plenty last night, and will continue to get better.  This team has the potential to be SCARY GOOD. 

Unless you saw the game youd think that these two teams were evenly matched. However thats way off. They were getting physically beaten up and started acting like thugs, late hits and lips that wouldnt stop moving. Glad our guys kept their composure and didnt stoop to that level. Their tying TD was a major push off, and one of our last drives had a bad interference call that was missed. #12 was offsides on those blocks, but somehow we managed to show how much better we are, beating TC along with all the other things. When youre fighting a zebra and a stingray its hard to get both at once  ;D ;D ;D

In all the games I've seen at the rez, I've never seen such poor officiating against the Indians. I've seen some "home cookin" a time or two, but nothing like this! Never mind the stripes, The TC player that blocked 3 kicks was an animal! He almost got to us on a couple of punts too. I expect the coaches will get the bugs worked out of the kicking teams before the next game.

Two things REALLY impressed me last night. First of all, Doty is fantatstic! In spite of the wind, he threw some darts. How a high school kid can throw on the run like this with this kind of accuracy is amazing to watch.

Secondly, how about the Indian crowd! We all came alive after the last TC touchdown (gift from the stripes) and didn't calm down 'till we got home! I know this fired up the team! This is the most fun I've had as a fan in a while. GO INDIANS!

In all the games I've seen at the rez, I've never seen such poor officiating against the Indians. I've seen some "home cookin" a time or two, but nothing like this! Never mind the stripes, The TC player that blocked 3 kicks was an animal! He almost got to us on a couple of punts too. I expect the coaches will get the bugs worked out of the kicking teams before the next game.

Two things REALLY impressed me last night. First of all, Doty is fantatstic! In spite of the wind, he threw some darts. How a high school kid can throw on the run like this with this kind of accuracy is amazing to watch.

Secondly, how about the Indian crowd! We all came alive after the last TC touchdown (gift from the stripes) and didn't calm down 'till we got home! I know this fired up the team! This is the most fun I've had as a fan in a while. GO INDIANS!

Good post, I agree!  Felt good to have all that electricity around you!

Unless you saw the game youd think that these two teams were evenly matched. However thats way off. They were getting physically beaten up and started acting like thugs, late hits and lips that wouldnt stop moving. Glad our guys kept their composure and didnt stoop to that level. Their tying TD was a major push off, and one of our last drives had a bad interference call that was missed. #12 was offsides on those blocks, but somehow we managed to show how much better we are, beating TC along with all the other things. When youre fighting a zebra and a stingray its hard to get both at once  ;D ;D ;D

WOW...they sound like a fun group to play against...the best way to handle that kinda crap is just the way ya'll did...Send them home losers and cryin on the bus ride back.  ;D

shovelhead

I agree, what a crowd last night and what a blast that game was. I talked to 2 PN-G players today and they said that the crowd was amazing and as loud as they could remember. It really excited them and they were very fired-up!! They said keep it coming that it really inspires them!!

Got this out of towner excited.Some though I was a scout till I left at halftime.Wish Dayton had that spirit all the time.Where were all the T City fans?Maybe 100 incl.the band.Felt sorry for the Sting Players w/no support.Do not know the number but the RESV.was packed on the home side.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83