Evadale 2009 team to beat

Evadale is bringing back 7 starters with the addition of Aaron cravy from silsbee and Chase Franklin from Chester and new head coach Billy Bryant this team went to Regional semis last year maybe state in 2009!!!

catcher Billy Nichols

third base Hayden dubose

short stop Dustin potts

Second Base Tyler Ousley

First base Tyler Tucker

outfield Dylan Anthony , Chris Harvey

These are returning

no tellin where new players will play 

Let us not forget oh Rebel brethern, that Mark Williams has a State Champion to his credit, what should be worrying all the area baseballers is the fact that Williams turning the varsity over to BB means that he can spend time with the JV players helping them to develop so the Rebel baseball fortunes look great and they should keep coming for years to come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your Kidding me right there not that good if they were really that good don't you think they would of won it all last year I am tired of hearing how good evadale is at everything when the only reason they win is because the are in the weakest districts in the state in every sport.  They never have any competion in anything. When your best opponent is either hull are sabine pass i could take a team of blind kids and win that district.

Your Kidding me right there not that good if they were really that good don't you think they would of won it all last year I am tired of hearing how good evadale is at everything when the only reason they win is because the are in the weakest districts in the state in every sport.  They never have any competion in anything. When your best opponent is either hull are sabine pass i could take a team of blind kids and win that district.

Work on the grammar of your post. It was very difficult to read.

I do not know about past years, but Evadale was a very good team last year. They ran into a tough team in the regional semifinals that should have made the state tournament, but played poorly against Overton. Their district might be weak, but they beat some good teams in the playoffs last year. Competition is different at the 1-A level. Due to numbers your teams good teams are not as loaded as they are in the larger schools. One bad day can get you eliminated in the playoffs. 

:o

You need to find somewhere else to play..... If any of these boys from Evadale were to go to your school, you would change your tune real quick.  I don't know if you are just trying to stir things up or if you are really the stupid, but you need to show these athletes a little more RESPECT.

Guest Veronica Corningstone
[quote name="Rebel Fan" post="675420" timestamp="1255578367"]
This team is solid and should make for some exciting baseball this year  ;D
[/quote] yeah it should be real hard to pull one off against high island and colmesneil.. but yeah, i agree it will be exciting... Go Rebels

• 3 weeks later...
Evadale will be salty on the diamond this year, everyone knows that. Those that say otherwise don't know much about the game.

[quote name="slo8140" post="680212" timestamp="1255959247"]
[quote author=Dawg Fan link=topic=59069.msg676725#msg676725 date=1255703956]
[/quote]

Work on the grammar of your post. It was very difficult to read.

I do not know about past years, but Evadale was a very good team last year. They ran into a tough team in the regional semifinals that should have made the state tournament, but played poorly against Overton. Their district might be weak, but they beat some good teams in the playoffs last year. Competition is different at the 1-A level. Due to numbers your teams good teams are not as loaded as they are in the larger schools. One bad day can get you eliminated in the playoffs. 
[/quote]

You talk of numbers here with one of the largest 1A's in the state. Do not blame it on numbers. the team that beat you most likely had less kids to choose from. Just like any other day you step on a field and can lose, it is baseball. The Royals are the crappiest team in baseball but seem to own the best team as of this year the Yankees. I would not blame a bad day on numbers, usually bad days occur through lack of focus or the ball doesn't bounce your way. Yes teams are not loaded with talent in 1A but a loaded somehow seems to never win it all. I remember a Jasper team that had a few above avg players for their level of competition and a lot of good kids behind them, they won a state title. A team that is fundamentally sound has the best chance to win, than a team of stacked players. Another good example, the Yankees use their farm club and win a world series. Past couple years they have an all-star team and can't make the playoffs. All that said Evadale has a shot to make the tournament, just don't write your ticket too soon. One day, and one play at a time. Good Luck this year.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="720935" timestamp="1259609664"]
[quote author=Mr. B Johnson link=topic=59069.msg720795#msg720795 date=1259597888]
just dont let the baseball season turn out like the football season. . . . . a huge letdown.

[/quote]

Mr. B

Just a reminder that the football season will be a let down to every team except the ones that capture state championships.
[/quote]yeah, i saw the reminder. . . . once it was playoff time. what was the score again? 60 to 7?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami