Baytown Lee 27 Laporte 14

Gather round boys and girls and let uncle panama tell yall a story.

The Ganders don't look quite as awful as I would have expected.

They have to play a lot of guys bopth ways, which ended up causing a lot of cramps, but they made it through.

LP took the first drive about 75 yards in 4 plays for a td with less than 2 minutes off the clock.  I thought that it was going to be a long year at that point.

Lee buckled down(and started using a lot of their offensive line on defense too) and held the Bulldogs to only one long td run for the rest of the game.

The Lee offense reminds me of what Olin's offense looked like when he first got there.  A LOT of sideways passing.  Lee threw a bunch of screen passes to the outside receiver.  There was some zone read.  There was some kinda trick formation which saw about 4 yards of gap between each of the offensive linemen.  That formation never worked the 3 or 4 times they tried it.  Guys shot threw the middle too easily.

Malcolm Ruben, junior quarterback, looked good.  He made the throws he needed to make.  He needs to learn when to keep the ball on the zone read play, but he will be alright.

Dandrick Jackson ran for 150+ yards with one 74 yard td run and also interecpted a ball..

Jaevon Richardson really played some ball for the Ganders.  He's only a sophomore, but he might be the best player on the team.He caught 5 balls for 90 yards and 2 td's and also interecpted a ball.

There was a freshness to the atmosphere that has been missing the last few years with Olin.  You really got the sense that the Ganders were not playing up to their potential.

If nothing else, this team seems like they are going to be exciting to watch.  They can't afford any injuries, and they are going to have to really be in shape, but they do have 5 or 6 guys that can play at the next level and another bunch that are pretty solid.

Maverick, he didn't play.  He was there in shorts and his uniform top, but he was not suited out.

Anthony Webb took up all the slack though for LP as he ran for 220 some odd yards.

I think if Perkins had played and if Lee had played a game already like LP this gasme would have been more well played and a tighter game all the way around.

Lee made too many mistakes, a lot of them caused by first game jitters I'm sure(hoping).  LP didn't make as many silly mistakes, but they also just didn't have enough weapons, so PErkins would have fit the bill there.

Maverick, he didn't play.  He was there in shorts and his uniform top, but he was not suited out.

Anthony Webb took up all the slack though for LP as he ran for 220 some odd yards.

I think if Perkins had played and if Lee had played a game already like LP this gasme would have been more well played and a tighter game all the way around.

Lee made too many mistakes, a lot of them caused by first game jitters I'm sure(hoping).  LP didn't make as many silly mistakes, but they also just didn't have enough weapons, so PErkins would have fit the bill there.

Thanks Panama and good job to the Ganders! 

It appears that LP has two decent RBs with Webb and Perkins (once he is ready to play). 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami