*Kirbyville vs. Jasper Updates/DAWGS WIN!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, Jasper!!!!  Jasper just wanted it more down the stretch.  Kirbyville has alot of growing up to do!

Sounded like Kirbyville just made too many mistakes.  They sure moved the ball in big chunks of yards at a time.  Jasper defense certainly deserves a lot of credit and Jasper's offense is started to take shape.  This game will only make both teams better down the line.

you cannot beat a team as good as jasper with six turnovers.

Yeah, Jasper learned a similar lesson last week against Gilmer.  Take away the Jasper fumble turnovers and it would have been a pretty close game.

Both teams will learn not to fumble so much as the season progresses.  And both teams have something that can't be taught, SPEED.

I would say it was a great game for the cats, but I would be lying. Too many turnovers!!!! and what about the refs...omg..all night long missing calls. But I'm not going to discredit the Jasper Bulldogs, you guys played well, and man #5 can FLY!!!! Alvis was impressive when he ran the ball. Hope the cats learn from this game, and Good luck and congrats to a much improved Bulldog team.

Guess I'll eat my crow tonight!!! lol

Many did not pick Jasper to win this game, but if you watched the Bulldogs against Gilmer last week then this was not a surprise to you. Jasper has improved alot since last year. They have a solid defense and a confusing scheme, in which, other than the first play of the game, Kirbyville struggled with and congratualations to #11 Cedric McGill for a superb defensive effort (3 INTs). The offense showed versatility by spreading out the field when needed and controlling the tempo of the game with their triple option scheme. Enter QB #5 Sam Alvis, 4 rushing TD's tonight. Great job Sam! And with the hiring of a new track coach last spring, you can see the speed development as well. Combine that with their size and strength, its makes for them to be a dangerous team. They must eliminate turnovers and the costly penalties before they can be considered an elite team. Good luck against WO-S in the Dog House on Sept. 19.

Go Dogs!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01